Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Probably gonna make some enemies, but... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3899)

Yamerhaw 11-27-2008 12:01 AM

Probably gonna make some enemies, but...

does anyone besides me NOT like motards? i mean i've rode several, and they are VERY quick in the real tight stuff(been smoked by several), but i've never had the urge to own one, they just seem a bit slow and weakly

:sorry:

not knocking anybody's choice, just my opinion, you can hate my bike if ya want!

ericr 11-27-2008 12:35 AM

I wouldn't want one as my only bike but if i lived closer to the real mountain roads I'd be jonesin for one. Sure, for any distance or straight line riding they're at the bottom of the performance list, but for a tight track or a road like Deals Gap they'd be a blast. I just like them for what they're good for.

PhiSig1071 11-27-2008 01:26 AM

I love mine!

It handles great, accelerates quickly, stops on a dime, plus it's the ultimate hooligan bike! I can jump curbs and wheelie at will. It's all in what you want, I have the GSXR when I want to go faster, and I have the KTM for when I want to goof-off.

Amber Lamps 11-27-2008 01:28 AM

I wanted a KTM 525 SMC sooo bad when they came out! They had a deal where they gave you both the on and off road equipment for the same price! :drool: Then I rode one and I was severely disappointed...I haven't wanted a "real" motard since. I guess that the liter class motards are alot faster,etc but to me they aren't really motards. The only reason I'd want one now is if I could race it.

azoomm 11-27-2008 01:32 AM

I hated them.

I thought they made you look *stupid* :lol:

Then I played on a few on the track.... giddy schoolkid hooligan kind of fun. :dthumb:

PhiSig1071 11-27-2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 110077)
I wanted a KTM 525 SMC sooo bad when they came out! They had a deal where they gave you both the on and off road equipment for the same price! :drool: Then I rode one and I was severely disappointed...I haven't wanted a "real" motard since. I guess that the liter class motards are alot faster,etc but to me they aren't really motards. The only reason I'd want one now is if I could race it.

I totally agree! To me a motard is a light weight bike, the liter-class "tards" are too heavy, to me they're just streetfighters.

speedylocksmith 11-27-2008 01:32 AM

I wouldn't ONLY have a motard, but I would LOVE to have one.

t-homo 11-27-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 110075)
I love mine!

It handles great, accelerates quickly, stops on a dime, plus it's the ultimate hooligan bike! I can jump curbs and wheelie at will. It's all in what you want, I have the GSXR when I want to go faster, and I have the KTM for when I want to goof-off.

You are convincing me of their coolness. Now if I weren't so fuckin short.

Amber Lamps 11-27-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 110083)
You are convincing me of their coolness. Now if I weren't so fuckin short.

Ummm...I don't think dick length would be a handicap.:whistle:

t-homo 11-27-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 110091)
Ummm...I don't think dick length would be a handicap.:whistle:

Yeah, but a motard wont help it near the way a sportbike will. Literbikes FTW! lolz