Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New to riding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2832)

Trip 10-10-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 78516)
when new riders get the itch for a sportbike, there are very few that will actually listen to reason when it comes to the proper bike to buy.

Yes motards are fuggin sweet and fun as hell, but they dont look cool.

yeah no kidding, I really wish I would of bought a DRZ instead of the SV. I didn't know any better though.

Shift 10-10-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 78518)
yeah no kidding, I really wish I would of bought a DRZ instead of the SV. I didn't know any better though.

Really think it would have made you that much of a better rider today? Or you just wish that so you'd still have it and the CBR now? :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT 10-10-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 78518)

i always wish i could go back 3 years and set myself straight. although im glad i DID listen to a LOT of good advice, so it could be worse.

Trip 10-10-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 78519)
Really think it would have made you that much of a better rider today? Or you just wish that so you'd still have it and the CBR now? :lol:

I don't know what I would of got after the motard. I think I would of been less scared of wrecking the motard than the SV. I would have took more chances and probably would of wrecked more but learned more as well.

I seriously think riding the 50 mini motard has made me a lot better of a rider.

the chi 10-10-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 78521)
I don't know what I would of got after the motard. I think I would of been less scared of wrecking the motard than the SV. I would have took more chances and probably would of wrecked more but learned more as well.

I seriously think riding the 50 mini motard has made me a lot better of a rider.

It did wonders for your hair!! :wink:

Seriously tho, these guys are right, a smaller bike like an sv or motard are great to learn and ride the dragon on!

r!der 10-10-2008 02:19 PM

where's that pic with the TROLL SPRAY :idk:

Shift 10-10-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r!der (Post 78528)
where's that pic with the TROLL SPRAY :idk:

good question its gone, thise is the best we've got for defence...
:dontfeed:

Captain Morgan 10-10-2008 02:59 PM

Now, now, we can't assume he's a troll just because he wants a 1k for a first bike. All we can do is state our opinions. Maybe he'll learn something from them, maybe not.

To the original poster: Go to the the street section of this forum and read OTB Old Testament. It's a LOT of reading, but very well worth every word. The second post in there is about beginners and sport bikes... The following link will take you directly to the thread... http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2544

Mr Lefty 10-10-2008 05:51 PM

if your wanting to ride twisties... 1000cc bike is not what you want... shit Trip passes 1000cc bikes on a 250... probably could do it on his little 50! it's about the rider... the smaller the bike (usually) the easier it is to flick in the twisties...

regardless of riding in the twisties or not... you don't wanna start on a 1000cc bike... it's a very steep learning curve on a 600... on a 1000 it's so steep you actually miss out on learning things because your too busy trying to keep the thing on two wheels.

Dave 10-10-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 78554)
Now, now, we can't assume he's a troll just because he wants a 1k for a first bike. All we can do is state our opinions. Maybe he'll learn something from them, maybe not.

To the original poster: Go to the the street section of this forum and read OTB Old Testament. It's a LOT of reading, but very well worth every word. The second post in there is about beginners and sport bikes... The following link will take you directly to the thread... http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2544

oh come on, that was a classic troll opener

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 78633)
if your wanting to ride twisties... 1000cc bike is not what you want... shit Trip passes 1000cc bikes on a 250... probably could do it on his little 50! it's about the rider... the smaller the bike (usually) the easier it is to flick in the twisties...

regardless of riding in the twisties or not... you don't wanna start on a 1000cc bike... it's a very steep learning curve on a 600... on a 1000 it's so steep you actually miss out on learning things because your too busy trying to keep the thing on two wheels.

ever notice its always the 600 guys with this message? :whistle: