Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Police: Store clerk killed beer thief (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10058)

pauldun170 08-20-2009 12:44 PM

Police: Store clerk killed beer thief

Police: Store clerk killed beer thief
Juan Romero was charged Sunday with murder.

By Jeremy Schwartz, Andrea Lorenz
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A clerk at a Ben White Boulevard convenience store has been charged with murder after police say he shot and killed a man who was stealing a 12-pack of Budweiser early Sunday morning.

Jorge Luis Vielma, 22, and another man were on a "beer run," according to police, and attempted to flee after taking the beer. Police say Juan Romero, 23, a clerk at the Shell gasoline station at Ben White and South First Street, fired about a dozen shots at Vielma outside the store as he ran for a friend's waiting Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Vielma later died inside the car; his body was found early Sunday in the 1000 block of Mansell Avenue in East Austin.

Romero was charged Sunday with first-degree murder and was being held Monday at the Travis County Jail. His bail has been set at $250,000. If convicted, he could face up to life in prison.

According to an arrest affidavit, Vielma and a friend, David Campos, 30, were looking for a store to take beer from and settled on the Shell station. Campos told police that he parked the car while Vielma went inside for the beer. Campos said he then saw Vielma emerge running from the store and a short man with a limp in pursuit firing at him.

After Vielma made it back to the car, Campos said that he went "into shock" and drove mindlessly to Mansell Avenue, abandoned the car and fled. He later called 911 to anonymously report the shooting, according to the affidavit.

Police found the car, which was registered to Campos, shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday. When police arrived at Campos' apartment on East Oltorf Street, he was in the process of reporting his car as stolen, according to the arrest affidavit, but police said he soon admitted his role in the incident. Police didn't say whether Campos would be charged.

Police said they later interviewed Romero, who said he fired a pistol about 12 times at Vielma, picked up the shell casings and put them in his vehicle.

He also told police that he picked up the beer dropped by Vielma and threw it into a trash bin, and he deleted images of the incident from the store's video surveillance system.

Sgt. Joseph Chacon said that although Texas law allows residents to take reasonable measures to defend their property, officials determined that, "at least on the face of it," the shooting was not reasonable.

He said it did not appear that Vielma was armed at the time of the theft.

Chacon said police are still trying to determine who owned the gun used in the shooting. The store's owner, José Carranza, told police that he had not authorized Romero to use deadly force to protect the store's property.

Carranza said Monday that he did not know where Romero got the gun and that firearms are not kept in the store.

Theft, however, has been a constant problem for Carranza and his clerks, he said.

A sign taped to the door of the store addresses beer theft: "Due to the high number of dishonest people grabbing and running away (and) stealing our beer, we must require prepayment for beer."

Carranza said that people have stolen from the store at least 10 times this year and that store clerks were robbed at gunpoint four times in the past two years.

Each time, Carranza said, he was unable to get the attention of police, even though his workers were being threatened.

"I'm frustrated with police," Carranza said. "They told us that's not our priority. Now it's a priority because somebody got hurt."

Statistics from police on incident reports at that address were not immediately available.

Consulting police records, Cpl. Scott Perry said there have been several thefts, but only one report of a robbery at the store in the past two years — in November — and that the suspect in that case was not armed. A robbery is defined as threatening or causing injury in the course of committing a theft.

jschwartz@statesman.com; 912-2942

alorenz@statesman.com; 445-3972
Buzz up!

Vote for this story!

Find this article at:
http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...tml?cxtype=rss

Trip 08-20-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 256261)
"I'm frustrated with police," Carranza said. "They told us that's not our priority. Now it's a priority because somebody got hurt."
]

I think it was a little more than "got hurt."

:lol:

Rider 08-20-2009 01:00 PM

As far as I'm concerned when those assholes stole the beer they gave up their rights as given under the law. The clerk shouldn't go to jail because we have bleeding heart liberal laws that protect criminals.

Dragonpaco 08-20-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 256269)
As far as I'm concerned when those assholes stole the beer they gave up their rights as given under the law. The clerk shouldn't go to jail because we have bleeding heart liberal laws that protect criminals.

yeah but this happened in texas, bleeding heart liberal laws don't survive very long down there. i'm surprised he was arrested. i thought the l aw says that if you kill someone in the commission of a crime you get a 12-pack and a bigger gun.

HurricaneHeather 08-20-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpaco (Post 256273)
yeah but this happened in texas, bleeding heart liberal laws don't survive very long down there. i'm surprised he was arrested. i thought the l aw says that if you kill someone in the commission of a crime you get a 12-pack and a bigger gun.

No it happened in Austin. Bleed heart liberals run this town. :wink:

RACER X 08-20-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 256285)

agreed, but he'll should get no-billed on the killing. but may end up in troube for trying to "hide" the evidence.

Dragonpaco 08-20-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 256285)

i never knew...

HurricaneHeather 08-20-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 256286)
agreed, but he'll should get no-billed on the killing. but may end up in troube for trying to "hide" the evidence.

Yeah, I just get tired of the Texas stereotypes. :shrug:

RACER X 08-20-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 256288)

yeah, same w/ the houston stereotyping...........:lol

HurricaneHeather 08-20-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 256289)
yeah, same w/ the houston stereotyping...........:lol

:lol: Touche!

Smittie61984 08-21-2009 05:45 PM

I remember doing that as a teenager. If I heard stories like this I would have never thought about doing that.

I think as long as that beer was in possesion of those guys (as in they still had his store's property) then they were fair game.

Austin must be a mad house with them protesting Whole Foods.

Sixxxxer 08-22-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 256288)

Get used to it...Its the internet...You think I find it funny when people stereotype Jersey?

There are morons everywhere in the world...

Dude shouldn't go to jail though...Steeling beer is a Definite Crime!!!

HurricaneHeather 08-22-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 256806)
Get used to it...Its the internet...You think I find it funny when people stereotype Jersey?

There are morons everywhere in the world...

Dude shouldn't go to jail though...Steeling beer is a Definite Crime!!!

:lol: Just because it's going to happen doesn't mean I have to like it.

And I don't stereotype Jersey because I know nothing about it. Houston on the other hand....:lol

Sixxxxer 08-22-2009 12:19 PM

I wasnt pin pointing you or anything...Its just something That happens.

101lifts2 08-22-2009 11:11 PM

I agree he should be charged with murder, but maybe Murder 2 at 15 years. The theif did not have a gun, nor did he pose a threat. I mean it was a 20 dollar pack of beer and he was already out of the store.

Now it is going to cost someone 10 grand to bury this guy over a 20 dollar pack of beer. Stealing alone does not constitute taking a life nor should it be tolerated.

Tmall 08-23-2009 08:23 AM

You guys can say what you like.

But, ultimately, this piece of shit won't be stealing anything any time soon.

Agree or disagree, he won't be messing anybody's life anymore.

karl_1052 08-23-2009 09:46 AM

He got what he deserved. Anyone should be shot for purchasing american beer, let alone stealing it.

RACER X 08-23-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 256968)
I agree he should be charged with murder, but maybe Murder 2 at 15 years. The theif did not have a gun, nor did he pose a threat. I mean it was a 20 dollar pack of beer and he was already out of the store.

Now it is going to cost someone 10 grand to bury this guy over a 20 dollar pack of beer. Stealing alone does not constitute taking a life nor should it be tolerated.

so is there a $ figure where deadly force is acceptable?

Smittie61984 08-23-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257048)

Whrere's a flow chart when you need one?

Homeslice 08-23-2009 11:12 PM

:zowned: I guess you really can't shoot any fleeing thief in Texas, unlike what some of you have claimed in the past.

Homeslice 08-23-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Did you ever shoplift as a kid? Run out with candy? I did. Should we shoot them too?

101lifts2 08-24-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257048)

You use deadly force when deadly force is needed. Deadly force wasn't warranted in this situation and it is the government's job to protect its citizens from vigilante justice.

101lifts2 08-24-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 257004)
You guys can say what you like.

But, ultimately, this piece of shit won't be stealing anything any time soon.

Agree or disagree, he won't be messing anybody's life anymore.

He was a petty theif. He didn't hold up the place to take the beer. Haven't you ever stole anything from a store when younger? Pack of gum??

101lifts2 08-24-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

What rights? To live rights? Yeah right. They didn't show deadly force, therefore deadly force should not be used. This isn't a liberal agenda. It is a protection the government needs to uphold.

RACER X 08-24-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 257187)
It is a protection the government needs to uphold.

protection of thieves?

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 256286)

I would consider that reasonable. His actions go to mens rea and destruction of evidence is a crime. He may have to go to trial for the shooting simply because of that.

RACER X 08-24-2009 07:36 AM

is it worth killing someone over a case of beer, you wouldn't think. but who knows, maybe clerk is also store owner and thats the XX time somebody has stolen beer........

i wouldn't think so, even if it was a "clean" shoot, atty fee's to go in ft of the grand jury are gonna cost you more then a case of beer.

texas law:

PENAL CODE
TITLE 2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY
CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

--------------------------------------------------------
and if he's only a clerk
--------------------------------------------------------

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY
Sec. 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if, under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property; or
(2) the actor reasonably believes that:
(A) the third person has requested his protection of the land or property;
(B) he has a legal duty to protect the third person's land or property; or
(C) the third person whose land or property he uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent, or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care.

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 07:37 AM

And in this case he pursued, then threw away the item that was stolen. Sounds like the item in question wasn't seen to be worth defending.

Well I guess he's going to prison.

RACER X 08-24-2009 07:39 AM

arrested and charged doesn't mean he's going to prison, it means arrested and charged.

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257211)
arrested and charged doesn't mean he's going to prison, it means arrested and charged.

I understand that but barring jury nullification, it sounds like he's up shit creek.

Rider 08-24-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257180)
Did you ever shoplift as a kid? Run out with candy? I did. Should we shoot them too?

No and yes we should.

RACER X 08-24-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257216)
I understand that but barring jury nullification, it sounds like he's up shit creek.

guess you didn't read any of the TX laws i posted. :?:even hilighted

pauldun170 08-24-2009 09:31 AM

So if the cable company catches someone stealing cable, they are entitled to kill the cable thief?

What about some technician over at media sentry finds someone sharing a bunch of songs on line, and they find the persons adress....its ok with you guys if he goes over at puts a bullet between the guys eyes?

EpyonXero 08-24-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257246)
So if the cable company catches someone stealing cable, they are entitled to kill the cable thief?

What about some technician over at media sentry finds someone sharing a bunch of songs on line, and they find the persons adress....its ok with you guys if he goes over at puts a bullet between the guys eyes?

Good point, Im betting most people in this thread have stolen enough music to be worth more than that case of beer.

So are personal weapons meant for protection or punishment?

RACER X 08-24-2009 09:39 AM

in TX it's legal to kill somebody for stealing from you........songs to cars.......

i guess you think it's ok for people to steal from you. good for you i guess.

Rider 08-24-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Back in the wild west days, if you were caught stealing a horse you were hung. Same should apply today. Maybe not outright murder but possibly chop a hand off though. If you made an example out of a few, I bet you'd have less thievery. I believe in being proactive and not reactive.

BTW,I have NEVER stolen anything in my life and I detest people who steal.

pauldun170 08-24-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257264)
Back in the wild west days, if you were caught stealing a horse you were hung. Same should apply today. Maybe not outright murder but possibly chop a hand off though. If you made an example out of a few, I bet you'd have less thievery. I believe in being proactive and not reactive.

BTW,I have NEVER stolen anything in my life and I detest people who steal.

so we should model our criminal justice system off Iran's or Saudi Arabia?

Rider 08-24-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257268)
so we should model our criminal justice system off Iran's or Saudi Arabia?

Sure, why not? Would you steal knowing that if you were caught you'd get a hand chopped off?

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257245)
guess you didn't read any of the TX laws i posted. :?:even hilighted

I certainly did. He appears to be up shit creek because he disposed of the property showing that it was of insufficient value to invoke such a response.

RACER X 08-24-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257306)
I certainly did. He appears to be up shit creek because he disposed of the property showing that it was of insufficient value to invoke such a response.

AGREED, he's in trouble for tampering w/ evidence.

as for the shooting itself, it's justified in TX law.

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257322)
AGREED, he's in trouble for tampering w/ evidence.

as for the shooting itself, it's justified in TX law.

I'm not so sure about that. What I was talking about, was how he threw away the beer that was stolen. If it wasn't worth retrieving, then it wasn't worth shooting someone over. That puts him up against a wall on a whole bunch of those statutes that you posted.

RACER X 08-24-2009 11:33 AM

sure it's worth shooting somebody over. IMO

now is it cost effective,to shoot/kill somebody over beers, not really.

but as a retailer are you gonna sell "road rashed" beer. naw.

unknownroad 08-24-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

If you're referring to TX law, no- the law only addresses real and tangible property.

Morally it's an interesting question. Technically you're taking "something" without paying for it, but the actual losses to the rightful owner are only theoretical- you wouldn't necessarily have purchased a song or service that you took for free, you may have just done without, and the net revenue to the owner would be exactly the same. So i would say no.

Homeslice 08-24-2009 12:36 PM

e-thugs in this thread, lol.........You can say "hooray for him" all you want, but something makes me doubt you'd have done the same if you were the clerk

Rider 08-24-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257380)
e-thugs in this thread, lol.........You can say "hooray for him" all you want, but something makes me doubt you'd have done the same if you were the clerk

Your right, I would have drug them back in the store and placed a knife in each of their dead hands before the cops showed up.

z06boy 08-24-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257380)

I would have wanted to due mainly to all of the prior robberies and thefts but honestly...you're right...I wouldn't have shot him over beer. A beat down...absolutely if possible...taser...sure. :lol:

I'm not an e-thug...just saying... :lol:

pdog 08-24-2009 01:03 PM

Oh Rider, you're so macho.

Rider 08-24-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 257396)

Macho has nothing to do with it. I have an extremely low tolerance for thievery.

Homeslice 08-24-2009 01:11 PM

So have any of you guys downloaded music illegally? Snuck into a movie without paying? Cheated on your taxes?

Rider 08-24-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257401)
So have any of you guys downloaded music illegally? Snuck into a movie without paying? Cheated on your taxes?

No, No, and No.

HurricaneHeather 08-24-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 257396)

Totally.

And I am guessing he would change his tune if someone shot his kid for stealing a piece of gum from the store. :rolleyes: You gotta be kidding me....

Rider 08-24-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 257416)
Totally.

And I am guessing he would change his tune if someone shot his kid for stealing a piece of gum from the store. :rolleyes: You gotta be kidding me....

My kids don't steal. They know how I feel about stealing and they wouldn't do it. Why do you condone stealing so much? Do you agree that stealing happens far more often them murder? Why do you think that is? Because the punishment is less or do you think that they have higher moral standards? I guarantee you that people steal because the punishment is a hand slap. Now if you tell them that if you get caught stealing, you loose a hand, then you will have much less theft. You need a punishment that will deter people from being asshats. Loss of life or limb is a pretty good reason not to steal.

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 02:35 PM

By all means, let's go for Sharia Law and stop all the stealing. OFF WITH THEIR HANDS!

Rider 08-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257420)
By all means, let's go for Sharia Law and stop all the stealing. OFF WITH THEIR HANDS!

I'm all for it.

HurricaneHeather 08-24-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257419)
My kids don't steal. They know how I feel about stealing and they wouldn't do it. Why do you condone stealing so much? Do you agree that stealing happens far more often them murder? Why do you think that is? Because the punishment is less or do you think that they have higher moral standards? I guarantee you that people steal because the punishment is a hand slap. Now if you tell them that if you get caught stealing, you loose a hand, then you will have much less theft. You need a punishment that will deter people from being asshats. Loss of life or limb is a pretty good reason not to steal.

I don't condone stealing, I just think you are full of it. :wink: I don't have all the answers, therefore I do not make ridiculous claims about what I would do, or what should be done in this or any instance.

If you found out your kid stole something, are you going to cut off thier hand? No. No you aren't. And not because you would go to jail, but because it's your kid and you'd have to be a pretty sick fuck to cut off your own kids' hand, or to allow someone else to do it.

Rider 08-24-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 257422)
I don't condone stealing, I just think you are full of it. :wink: I don't have all the answers, therefore I do not make ridiculous claims about what I would do, or what should be done in this or any instance.

If you found out your kid stole something, are you going to cut off thier hand? No. No you aren't. And not because you would go to jail, but because it's your kid and you'd have to be a pretty sick fuck to cut off your own kids' hand, or to allow someone else to do it.

You don't know me or my kids so stop making ill informed statements.

HurricaneHeather 08-24-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257424)

:lol

I'm just claiming BS, that's all. :D

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 257430)

I'm just claiming BS, that's all. :D

Well how dare you say that he wouldn't cut off his kid's hand, if he caught him stealing?

;)

pauldun170 08-24-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257424)

So you'd be alright cutting off your kids hand?

What if you caught your neighbors kid stealing? Would you like the laws to change so that you could take a machete to your neighbors kid?

Homeslice 08-24-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 257416)
Totally.

Notice he did not answer the question of how we would feel if someone shot his kid. Saying "my kids don't steal" isn't good enough. What if they did? I don't know how old your kids are, but I highly doubt their personality & values will remain the same forever.

pauldun170 08-24-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257436)
Notice he did not answer the question of how we would feel if someone shot his kid. Saying "my kids don't steal" isn't good enough. What if they did? I don't know how old your kids are, but I highly doubt their personality & values will remain the same forever.

His Kids will never "rebel" or be influenced by friends or get caught up "screwing around for shits and giggles" because they know that dad walks around with an axe.

First punk tries to take his garden gnome as a prank...Rider is breaking out the guillotine.

karl_1052 08-24-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257419)

That's right, because kids never rebel against their parents.

HurricaneHeather 08-24-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 257438)
That's right, because kids never rebel against their parents.

You are ill informed, so you are not allowed to speak buddy.

Homeslice 08-24-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257437)

First punk tries to take his garden gnome as a prank...Rider is breaking out the guillotine.

Break 'em off sumthin' real propa-like.

Gots mad discipline fo dat ass.

Rider 08-24-2009 03:43 PM

Whatever. I have better things to do like read soldier of fortune magazine than converse with you fools.

101lifts2 08-25-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257202)
protection of thieves?

Protection of life.

101lifts2 08-25-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257258)
in TX it's legal to kill somebody for stealing from you........songs to cars.......

i guess you think it's ok for people to steal from you. good for you i guess.

Yeah I guess that is why the police charged the guy with murder...because it was legal in TX.

101lifts2 08-25-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257264)
....BTW,I have NEVER stolen anything in my life and I detest people who steal.

I'm calling B.S....because ur full of shit.

You don't kill people over some simple materialistic thing because the crime does not fit the punishment. We imprison people and put people to death for murder and guess what? There is still murder. These punishments don't deter murder, because most murder is spontaneous, not premeditated.

Cutting off people's hands and stuff is fine and all, but now you have a bunch of handicapped people who are going to contribute much less to society than previously. Good plan. Not.

The power to pardon is more admirable IMO than the power to punish. People are stealing because they usually cannot afford what they are taking, not necessarily because they are intrusively bad people.

RACER X 08-25-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 257606)
Protection of life.

protection of a thiefs rights? IMO they have no rights

does he have rights if he's an illegal alien thief? just checkin

i bet you believe the crooks has more rights then the victim, it' ok in CA to admit it........

becuase he charged, he's automatically guilty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 257608)

The power to pardon is more admirable IMO than the power to punish. People are stealing because they usually cannot afford what they are taking, not necessarly because they are intrusively bad people.

remember this was beer, not bread or milk.......he stole cuz he didn't want to pay.....

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257620)
protection of a thiefs rights? IMO they have no rights

does he have rights if he's an illegal alien thief? just checkin

becuase he charged, he's automatically guilty?

Comments 1 and 3 are directly at odds.

He has rights. He has rights even if he's an illegal. Those rights involve not being 'guilty' until having been found so, in a court of law.

RACER X 08-25-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257623)

He has rights. He has rights even if he's an illegal. Those rights involve not being 'guilty' until having been found so, in a court of law.

in this case it's a dead mans word vs a live one.........so who was right, the live guy automatically.........lol

"He has rights even if he's an illegal" yeah, we see how well thats going here, almost ever officer killed in houston this yrs has been killed by an illegal........yeah!

Papa_Complex 08-25-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257625)
in this case it's a dead mans word vs a live one.........so who was right, the live guy automatically.........lol

"He has rights even if he's an illegal" yeah, we see how well thats going here, almost ever officer killed in houston this yrs has been killed by an illegal........yeah!

Yeah, the live guy who saw a need to destroy evidence.

They have the right to a trial after which, if found guilty, they have a right to fry or spend a lifetime behind bars. Those are still rights.

RACER X 08-25-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257627)
Yeah, the live guy who saw a need to destroy evidence.

They have the right to a trial after which, if found guilty, they have a right to fry or spend a lifetime behind bars. Those are still rights.

yeah,it's shame it takes so long to fry somebody, costing tax payers lotsa $ for illegal alien murderers.

at least in TX we have an express lane vs the rest of the states......:lol (and it still takes 7-8-9-10yrs)

Rider 08-25-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 257608)
I'm calling B.S....because ur full of shit.

You don't kill people over some simple materialistic thing becaue the crime does not fit the punishment. We imprision people and put people to death for murder and guess what? There is still murder. These punishments don't deter murder, because most murder is spontaneous, not premeditated.

Cutting off people's hands and stuff is fine and all, but now you have a bunch of handicapped people who are going to contribute much less to society than previously. Good plan. Not.

The power to pardon is more admirable IMO than the power to punish. People are stealing because they usually cannot afford what they are taking, not necessarly because they are intrusively bad people.

Learn how to spell ass nuts. And I'm not full of shit, I've never stolen anything in my life. You can believe it or not I don't give a fuck.

Get caught stealing once, you chop off 1 hand, you get caught stealing twice you get killed because you are now a burden to society.

RACER X 08-25-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257646)
Get caught stealing once, you chop off 1 hand, you get caught stealing twice you get killed because you are now a burden to society.

harsh! do it!!!

pauldun170 08-25-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Learn how to spell ass nuts. And I'm not full of shit, I've never stolen anything in my life. You can believe it or not I don't give a fuck.

I'm confused...

Are you asking him to work on his spelling or is it a direct request for him to spell "Ass nuts" for you?

If the latter...
etymology - 16th century "Ahznaught"

Rider 08-25-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257660)
I'm confused...

Yes we know.

pauldun170 08-25-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257661)
Yes we know.

Considering this comment came from a cannibal...

(..and what exactly do you plan on doing with all these hacked off limbs you plan on collecting from your neighbors children?)

Rider 08-25-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257665)
Considering this comment came from a cannibal...

(..and what exactly do you plan on doing with all these hacked off limbs you plan on collecting from your neighbors children?)

Beat you senseless with them. Ask a serious question now.

karl_1052 08-25-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257623)

Tejas has it's own constitution. :lol

Apoc 08-25-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Hey, asshat, you didnt answer the question... Would you cut off your kids hand if they stole a pack of gum?

Funny thing is, as tough as you pretend to be, you'd probably lay down and roll over when shit got violent. Most people who talk the talk, do so praying they'll never have to walk it, because they cant...

But, by all means, keep it up. You amuse me.

HurricaneHeather 08-25-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257682)
Hey, asshat, you didnt answer the question... Would you cut off your kids hand if they stole a pack of gum?

Funny thing is, as tough as you pretend to be, you'd probably lay down and roll over when shit got violent. Most people who talk the talk, do so praying they'll never have to walk it, because they cant...

yeah, his comments yesterday literally brightened my day. :D thanks Rider for your ridiculous and hilarious statements. :dthumb:

Rider 08-25-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257682)

Whatever dipshit. Crawl back to your hole now.

Apoc 08-25-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257695)

Awww... Princess.. Did your buthole get hurt?

The only hole around here big enough for me to crawl in might be your faggoty ass, and unfortunately for you, I want no part of that. Is that where your gonna store all those hands your gonna cut off?

Why dont you go pick on some kids? They really are the only people your fooling...

z06boy 08-25-2009 11:54 AM

Apoc 08-25-2009 11:56 AM

Awww... Princess... You really are hurt...

He sent me an 'infraction' :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257701)
Dear Apoc,

You have received an infraction at Two Wheel Fix.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
As part of an effort to clean up this board, insulting forum member will not be tolerated.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?p=257701
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Awww... Princess.. Did your buthole get hurt?

The only hole around here big enough for me to crawl in might be your faggoty ass, and unfortunately for you, I want no part of that. Is that where your gonna store all those hands your gonna cut off?

Why dont you go pick on some kids? They really are the only people your fooling...
All the best,
Two Wheel Fix

pauldun170 08-25-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257701)
Is that where your gonna store all those hands your gonna cut off?

:lol:

There's a joke about a "reach around" in there somewhere but I'm not gonna be the one to dig for it.

Apoc 08-25-2009 11:57 AM

Wait? Can I send you an infraction for calling me a dipshit? How does this work...

z06boy 08-25-2009 11:57 AM

:blowup:

Tmall 08-25-2009 11:57 AM

Haha! That prick does that every time somebody calls him on his shit.

pauldun170 08-25-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257707)
Awww... Princess... You really are hurt...

He sent me an 'infraction' :lol

pauldun170 08-25-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257710)
Wait? Can I send you an infraction for calling me a dipshit? How does this work...

Report the post :lol:

RACER X 08-25-2009 12:00 PM

SBN take 2

Apoc 08-25-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257714)
Report the post :lol:

I think he cut that ability off from my account... Musta thought it was my hand...

pauldun170 08-25-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 257721)
I think he cut that ability off from my account... Musta thought it was my hand...

I went ahead and reported 2 of his posts

One for use of naughty words and the other for threatening to beat people with the severed hands of children.

azoomm 08-25-2009 12:05 PM

Knock off the bullshit reporting.

I mean it.

Oh, and play nice. Buncha babies....

Apoc 08-25-2009 12:07 PM

Its just getting good!

And he started it!

pauldun170 08-25-2009 12:08 PM

I was just walking by minding my own business when suddenly...

Tmall 08-25-2009 12:08 PM

Respect the pseudo authoritay!

shmike 08-25-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 257727)
Knock off the bullshit reporting.

I mean it.

Oh, and play nice. Buncha babies....

I have an uncontrollable urge to report this post. :didntdo: