Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Mississippi Hill Country Trail (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10468)

Mr Lefty 09-15-2009 06:34 AM

Mississippi Hill Country Trail

Doubt anyone here's run it... as it's a dual sport trail. but I'm thinking of taking it on when I get the 800GS... depending on how wet the mississippi winter is (it'll be my first down here)

it's created or mapped by the same guy that did the TAT or Trans American Trail... a trail that leads from Tenn to the Oregon coast via 80% dirt roads... they range from gravel, hard packed dirt, single track, sand, to just open land.

I eventually wanna run the TAT but I can't see getting enough time in the next two years to do it.

but I regress...

the mississippi hill country trail is 244 miles of off road riding... I'm excited... now just to get the damn bike :lol:

anyone else interested in dual sports?

Trip 09-15-2009 09:40 AM

What are you doing sunday night and monday night? I'm bored, I may head your way on this trail. This sounds like a fun trip.

Mr Lefty 09-15-2009 07:46 PM

I'm... working.

Trip 09-15-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 266184)
I'm... working.

I just need a place to crash, you can go to work. :nee:

Mr Lefty 09-16-2009 06:21 AM

you're always welcome on my couch... my place may be a mess... I gotta empty out my storage this weekend.

cuttle 09-16-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 265760)
Doubt anyone here's run it... as it's a dual sport trail. but I'm thinking of taking it on when I get the 800GS... depending on how wet the mississippi winter is (it'll be my first down here)

it's created or mapped by the same guy that did the TAT or Trans American Trail... a trail that leads from Tenn to the Oregon coast via 80% dirt roads... they range from gravel, hard packed dirt, single track, sand, to just open land.

I eventually wanna run the TAT but I can't see getting enough time in the next two years to do it.

but I regress...

the mississippi hill country trail is 244 miles of off road riding... I'm excited... now just to get the damn bike :lol:

anyone else interested in dual sports?

Besides commuting, all of our trips include FS roads and "caramba roads" (take a dirty road till it ends, yell "Caramba!!!" and turn around).

My next years vacation plan is to ride the Colorado and Utah section of the TAT :rockwoot:

What can I say? I like to get dirty :dribble:

pauldun170 09-16-2009 10:36 AM

Trip gonna go see eBBs1 to take the old dirt road?

This thread is better not end with pics

Mr Lefty 09-16-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttle (Post 266418)
Besides commuting, all of our trips include FS roads and "caramba roads" (take a dirty road till it ends, yell "Caramba!!!" and turn around).

My next years vacation plan is to ride the Colorado and Utah section of the TAT :rockwoot:

What can I say? I like to get dirty :dribble:

I plan doing a bit of the TAT next year... no idea how much though

101lifts2 09-19-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 266313)
you're always welcome on my couch... my place may be a mess... I gotta empty out my storage this weekend.

Change the sheets, let him use your bed and you stay on the couch.

That would be some Southern hospitality. lol

Mr Lefty 09-19-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 267823)
Change the sheets, let him use your bed and you stay on the couch.

That would be some Southern hospitality. lol

Fuck that...

southern hospitality requires us both to have banjo's... :no: