Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWF track day, northeast (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10899)

tommymac 10-07-2009 07:44 AM

TWF track day, northeast

After talking with marko at the NE rally I go tthe idea to see if we could plan a group track day next season. First theres some stuff we will need to figure out.

Which track: I figured we have a few choices and want to make it somewhat central so more people can come. Figure we have NJMP, Beaver Run, Summit point (depending on the pavement situation), and VIR ( I would prefer the south over the north course.

What time of year: later in the season or earlier, I would prefer earlier but with the big rally in early june it may be tougher for some people. Not too keen on heading south in the 90 degree days of july and august though. Also weekday vs weekend since the weekend days fill up fast.

What organization: I think if we get a large enough group we could try to get a discounted rate. Also if anyone is tight with someone in a particualr org we could look into that. Mos torgs will have next years schedules out around the end of the year so once they start comming out we can pick a day or days.

Tom

marko138 10-07-2009 07:55 AM

I know CEO used to run with Tony's alot. Now he's a control rider with Boston Moto. He might be able to help us out if we can get enough people together. And both of those guys run down this way, Pocono, NJMP, etc.

tommymac 10-07-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275190)
I know CEO used to run with Tony's alot. Now he's a control rider with Boston Moto. He might be able to help us out if we can get enough people together. And both of those guys run down this way, Pocono, NJMP, etc.

That could work, I hadnt ridden with either of those clubs but have heard good stuff about them. Plus I had fun on lightning on monday so am abit biased towards NJMP (plus its closer to home for me ;) )

Tom

CasterTroy 10-07-2009 08:06 AM

CMP has new pavement and new schedules....I hope to check it out in the next month or so

Trip 10-07-2009 08:12 AM

I'm changing this to northeast, since I doubt this has hope of going to a southern track.

CasterTroy 10-07-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 275200)
I'm changing this to northeast, since I doubt this has hope of going to a southern track.

Thanks dream killer :lol:

Trip 10-07-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 275203)
Thanks dream killer :lol:

start a southeastern one. I would probably show up to one of those, wouldn't ride, but I could bring the SLR and shoot.

marko138 10-07-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 275204)
start a southeastern one. I would probably show up to one of those, wouldn't ride, but I could bring the SLR and shoot.

CEO has 3 bikes, ride on of his.

Trip 10-07-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275217)
CEO has 3 bikes, ride on of his.

Come down here, the tracks are better.

I will probably take my GS to a track day eventually, but it will be a local private day where only 7 people are on a track at a time.

marko138 10-07-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 275233)
Come down here, the tracks are better.

I will probably take my GS to a track day eventually, but it will be a local private day where only 7 people are on a track at a time.

I'd love to. But, as you might imagine, it's probably not gonna happen.