Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Miami Vice lookin' Ferrari owner gets owned (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21651)

Homeslice 08-14-2012 12:38 PM

Miami Vice lookin' Ferrari owner gets owned

I can't quite make out the conversation between 0:05 and 0:10, and I figure that's key to this whole situation..........But either the driver was being an arrogant spolied brat, or needs hearing aids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwkn6JT74

Gas Man 08-14-2012 01:03 PM

Vid comments
Quote:

I was walking around Soho, NYC today when I stumbled upon this Ferrari 458 Spider with a cop writing a ticket next to it. I started to record the situation because I thought it'd make a cool video, little did I know what I was in for. As soon as I started recording the owner of the car appeared and got in it. He slowly started moving since he refused to accept the ticket (the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself don't understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.) The cop then told him to stop but he proceeded to move forward. Now at this point I believe the cops foot was under the front drivers side tire. Yet again the owner moved the car forward and apparently he somewhat ran over the cops foot (or at least that's what can be made out from everything in the video, others at the scene claimed otherwise.) This triggered the cop and he slammed his hand into the drivers window and proceed to open the door (notice how many times he bumped it into the taxi cab) and pull the driver out forcefully. The driver was then thrown on the ground and handcuffed and arrested. The owners girlfriend seen in the video is also Stephanie Pratt from the MTV hit show, The Hills. The car did suffer some damage, paint chips on the door from when the cop slammed it into the cab and some scuffs by the engine bay shown in the last scene of this video. Pretty crazy situation, I was definitely at the right place at the right time!

So the cop was writing a ticket when he should be.

My issue with it... the cop purposely put his foot and body there. He basically set it up for a type of entrapment.

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court. Or ask for the LEO's Lt/Boss to come out. How many times do we see this shit? These cops on power trips.

shmike 08-14-2012 01:17 PM

I can't believe this took so long to get posted here.

Dude was being ticketed for no front plate.

NYPD has gone soft, richipster is lucky he didn't leave the scene bloody.

BTW, the car is not a Spider.

shmike 08-14-2012 01:22 PM

Acquaintance confirms the Ferrari driver stomped by cops is an obnoxious poser:

http://jalopnik.com/5932561/acquaint...ium=socialflow

Tmall 08-14-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 518114)
Vid comments

My issue with it... the cop purposely put his foot and body there. He basically set it up for a type of entrapment.

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court. Or ask for the LEO's Lt/Boss to come out. How many times do we see this shit? These cops on power trips.

Who cares why the cop put himself in front of the vehicle. He was there before the car started moving. You're obligated to NOT run people over as a condition of your license.

tommymac 08-14-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 518116)

Dude was being ticketed for no front plate.

NYPD has gone soft, richipster is lucky he didn't leave the scene bloody.

BTW, the car is not a Spider.

With everyone taping shit now a days cops arent as likley to beat your ass in public. We have meter maids in nyc that only write parking tickets, they get shit on a lot, but those guys were regular NYPD.

Adeptus_Minor 08-14-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court.

And there it is, ladies & gentlemen...
That's all that needs to be said in soooooo many of these situations.
The place to fight the ticket is not on the side of the road (or street, or hotel valet parking area)

Papa_Complex 08-15-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Vid comments

And if the cop had chosen to stand right in front of the car, then it would have been OK to run him over?

Douche broke the law, thinking that it doesn't apply to people with money. Douche found out he was wrong. Douche's face met asphalt. With any luck the 'assault on police' charge will stick.

How many times do we see this shit? Asshole with money on a power trip, thinking that he can do whatever he wants to.

Dave 08-15-2012 09:47 AM

What an epic ass douche

CasterTroy 08-15-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 518116)

Yeah I thought it odd too...Reddit had it weeks ago :lol

RACER X 08-21-2012 04:25 PM

cops suing ferrari owner

http://www.businessinsider.com/cop-t...ferrari-2012-8

$10m

Homeslice 08-21-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 518472)

Since when is a cop allowed to sue someone he dealt with on the job? That's bullshit.

tommymac 08-21-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 518473)
Since when is a cop allowed to sue someone he dealt with on the job? That's bullshit.

Well they do get sued for bullshit all the time.

Besides this would fal lunder workmans comp if nothing else. I had a pick up truck run over my foot and actualy did a track day the following day. I am sure that ferarri is a hell of a lot lighter than the pickup truck.

maybe he should sue so he could beat his ass for another 20 minutes

Gas Man 08-23-2012 05:35 AM

I think the only way he could sue the driver is if he was out of work and his work (city police) denied his workers comp.

And when officers "get sued" I think it's their city not them directly.

Papa_Complex 08-23-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 518546)
I think the only way he could sue the driver is if he was out of work and his work (city police) denied his workers comp.

And when officers "get sued" I think it's their city not them directly.

As in any civil case they sue the officer himself, the department, the city, and Donald Trump, if he happened to be within 5 city blocks. They pretty much have to name the officer, in the suit.

Smittie61984 08-27-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 518125)
Who cares why the cop put himself in front of the vehicle. He was there before the car started moving. You're obligated to NOT run people over as a condition of your license.

Very true.

I think the guy just got nervous and people often react weird when around cops. It's not like the guy planned on running over the cop and then making a 1mph getaway through Manhatten.

RACER X 10-23-2012 01:17 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1190128

The Manhattan District Attorney's office dropped felony assault charges against the millionaire Internet entrepreneur boyfriend of “The Hills” star Stephanie Pratt. He now faces two misdemeanors.

OneSickPsycho 10-23-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 522014)

The Manhattan District Attorney's office dropped felony assault charges against the millionaire Internet entrepreneur boyfriend of “The Hills” star Stephanie Pratt. He now faces two misdemeanors.

Who cares... I'm just interested in the civil suit...

Papa_Complex 10-23-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 522014)

They shouldn't have. Arrogant shits need to be shown that their actions can and do have consequences.

Sean 10-24-2012 11:24 AM

Cop stuck his foot in the way to make sure it got run over. Anyone with half a brain moves their foot when there's a car rolling towrds it. Kid's a douche, but so's the cop for setting him up like that.

Homeslice 10-24-2012 12:35 PM

Also the cop acted like a sanctimonious prick when he refused to even look up and acknowledge the driver when he walked towards him. Typical "I have the power here, I don't need to use basic courtesy & customer service skills" attitude of a government worker.

Trip 10-24-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 522091)
Typical "I have the power here, I don't need to use basic courtesy & customer service skills" attitude of a government worker.

I resemble, I mean resent this statement, douchebag.

tommymac 10-24-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 522099)
I resemble, I mean resent this statement, douchebag.

its easy when you have me as your enforcer :rockwoot:

Papa_Complex 10-24-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522086)
Cop stuck his foot in the way to make sure it got run over. Anyone with half a brain moves their foot when there's a car rolling towrds it. Kid's a douche, but so's the cop for setting him up like that.

His leg was in the way too, which was plainly visible. Douche did wrong. Douche tried to get away. Douche committed another crime while doing so, so douche should have been punished for it.

tommymac 10-24-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 522104)
His leg was in the way too, which was plainly visible. Douche did wrong. Douche tried to get away. Douche committed another crime while doing so, so douche should have been punished for it.

I am up for letting random people just come up and taser him :rockwoot:

Papa_Complex 10-24-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 522105)
I am up for letting random people just come up and taser him :rockwoot:

... in the balls, to stop him from reproducing.

Sean 10-24-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 522104)

Yeah, he stuck his leg in front of a moving car. Clearly intentional. It was a total setup. The kid's an idiot, and that cop smelled a nice fat lawsuit the second that kid got in the car.

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522119)
Yeah, he stuck his leg in front of a moving car. Clearly intentional. It was a total setup. The kid's an idiot, and that cop smelled a nice fat lawsuit the second that kid got in the car.

He stuck his leg in front of a stationary car. The idiot moved it. He smelled an arrogant jackass who thought that he would skate on the ticket.

Sean 10-25-2012 10:22 AM

So you're denying that anyone with a pulse and actual vision would have moved their leg out of the way as they watched a car drive up to, and over it. Okay. Seems rational. I'm sure his intent wasn't a lawsuit, despite the fact that it's precisely what happened afterwards.

No denying the kid is a stupid prick, denying that the cop smelled money and acted conveniently is pretty ignorant.

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522137)
So you're denying that anyone with a pulse and actual vision would have moved their leg out of the way as they watched a car drive up to, and over it. Okay. Seems rational. I'm sure his intent wasn't a lawsuit, despite the fact that it's precisely what happened afterwards.

No denying the kid is a stupid prick, denying that the cop smelled money and acted conveniently is pretty ignorant.

His intent would appear to be stopping douche boy from leaving. The result of douche boy's own action was a lawsuit.

Homeslice 10-25-2012 10:56 AM

I highly doubt the driver was going to just "drive away". He was probably just going to move it.

Arrogance & poor communication on both of their parts.

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 522143)
I highly doubt the driver was going to just "drive away". He was probably just going to move it.

Arrogance & poor communication on both of their parts.

Drive away or move it, he wanted out of the ticket and hit the cop while doing so. Does it look like the hit warrants a lawsuit for injuries? Not based on my experience of having my foot run over, on several occasions, while working as a parking attendant in college. There aren't likely to be ANY injuries from it.

Does it warrant a charge for assault on an officer? Yes, in my opinion it does.

Sean 10-25-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 522141)
His intent would appear to be stopping douche boy from leaving.

By placing his foot, on the ground, in front of a rolling tire. You make zero sense.

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522157)
With his foot, on the ground, in front of a rolling tire.

In front of a stopped vehicle. Watch it again ;)

Sean 10-25-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 522158)
In front of a stopped vehicle. Watch it again ;)

Yes, the car was stopped when it rolled over his foot.

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522160)
Yes, the car was stopped when it rolled over his foot.

Hey, you're the one who said that he put his foot in front of a moving car, when it wasn't moving at all when he did.

Sean 10-25-2012 05:52 PM

When you run out of substance, go for semantics!

Don't worry, I'm aware that on this forum anytime someone of wealth does anything that can possibly be viewed as somehow inappropriate it's automatic that people are going to want to burn him at the stake for crimes both real and imagined. I'm just calling y'all out on it ;)

Papa_Complex 10-25-2012 06:42 PM

It's not semantics when the simple fact is that the vehicle was stopped, likely not even running, when the officer first placed his leg in the way of the vehicle. Burn him at the stake? No, just hit him with the same offence that some gang banger would get in the same circumstances. That's called 'equal, in the eyes of the law' ;)

Sean 10-25-2012 09:44 PM

Yeah, I hear poor gangbangers get hit with multimillion dollar lawsuits all the time (that's the part I'm discussing, in case you've forgotten).

I also hear it's totally normal to just stand there when someone drives up and over you and not move an inch or two.

The logic in this thread is absolutely hilarious. I'm cracking up here.

Homeslice 10-26-2012 12:15 AM

Cop was playing the arrogant, passive-aggressive role........"I don't need to tell him what I want him to do, I'll just stick my leg up against his car, that'll show him who's boss"

Papa_Complex 10-26-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 522208)
Yeah, I hear poor gangbangers get hit with multimillion dollar lawsuits all the time (that's the part I'm discussing, in case you've forgotten).

I also hear it's totally normal to just stand there when someone drives up and over you and not move an inch or two.

The logic in this thread is absolutely hilarious. I'm cracking up here.

I hear that it's quite normal to run your car into a cop and then expect no repercussions. Also rather funny, if you ask me.

Tmall 10-26-2012 06:48 PM

I take it if a pedestrian is crossing against your green light, you can just nudge him out of the way?

defector 10-26-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 522263)
I take it if a pedestrian is crossing against your green light, you can just nudge him out of the way?

C'mon man! Only if you own a Ferrari.