Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Electrical issues? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22201)

marko138 04-08-2013 11:40 AM

I bet I could make it work but it gets pretty weak if it sits more than a few days. Maybe I'll run to the shop this week and get one.

tommymac 04-09-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 527986)
Yeah, I replaced mine this year. If I could keep it on the tender all the time when parked, it was ok. Down here, I can't, and I hate getting stranded on the bike, as it's damn near impossible to push start this pig!

I went and had most of my electrical system replaced, next month will hopefully be attacking the rotor swap. need to look online and see if I can borrow that crankshaft locking tool.

Cutty72 04-09-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528017)
I went and had most of my electrical system replaced, next month will hopefully be attacking the rotor swap. need to look online and see if I can borrow that crankshaft locking tool.

Good deal. I'd still check your ignition switch to be sure that when you go from lock to lock that it's not pulling on the wires. I guess its a semi-common problem.

That is one nice thing about the 08, it had a somewhat reliable charging system. Not overly excessive for extra electrical stuff, but it could handle the stock bike easily.

tommymac 04-09-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 528055)
Good deal. I'd still check your ignition switch to be sure that when you go from lock to lock that it's not pulling on the wires. I guess its a semi-common problem.

That is one nice thing about the 08, it had a somewhat reliable charging system. Not overly excessive for extra electrical stuff, but it could handle the stock bike easily.

Good to know, I iwll give it a look when I start pulling it apart. Its always my luck I wond up with the obscure problems

marko138 04-09-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528017)

Damn son.

Gas Man 04-10-2013 10:03 AM

Solid work Cutty... you fixed it and we didn't help at all. Sweet!

tommymac 04-10-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 528059)
Damn son.

tryin to russle up some pennies to do the dreaded rotor swap, then we should be good to go. new tires and freshen up the brakes and were tracking her.

Cutty72 04-10-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 528111)
tryin to russle up some pennies to do the dreaded rotor swap, then we should be good to go. new tires and freshen up the brakes and were tracking her.

Tires and brakes already? I thought you only had like 1500 miles on it?

Cutty72 04-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 528105)
Solid work Cutty... you fixed it and we didn't help at all. Sweet!

Thanks, yeah, you guys are pretty helpful... :gofurslf: :lol:

Model specific forums are generally better for such problems, and thankfully I know where to find those as well.
That and having some decent mechanical background and ability.

tommymac 04-10-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 528112)
Tires and brakes already? I thought you only had like 1500 miles on it?

3500 miles but am on the original pirellis and those are sliding on me so I will spoon on some michelins. As for the brakes they need a good bleeding and I occasionally get soem headshake with hard braking at higher speeds. I have heard that these bikes do osscilate at times so I wasnt sure if its that or a warped rotor, but for track duty I def want better pads on there anyway.