Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   HD Super Demo Rides (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14236)

nhgunnut 04-15-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 361974)
Nice write-up. The Harley here always does it's demo days at the end of the season (like Sept or Oct) and I'm not really sure why they wait so long.

However, Victory is having a demo day here this weekend and I intend to go down and ride a few of their bikes. :D The g/f told me to be careful. I've already had the discussion with her that I will own a bike and I won't be told otherwise.

Just a matter of personal taste but I like everything about the Victory's better. Much stronger engine in my experience, better brakes if you are looking for a softer ride HD may have the edge though. While the Victory seems to handle better the Air Cooled HDs I have Ridden seem a lot softer a ride.

Cruzergirl 04-15-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 361992)
While the Victory seems to handle better the Air Cooled HDs I have Ridden seem a lot softer a ride.

Yeah, :lol: I can ride the SO's Road King all day long but the Kingpin is about a 130 miler before I need a good break (20-25 minutes). It makes me happy that I can only get about 150 out of a tank... :lol:

Gas Man 04-15-2010 02:43 PM

I haven't rode a vic in a while. Would love to try their new touring bikes. Especially their newest attempt to mimic the hd street glide.

Cruzergirl 04-15-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 362233)
I haven't rode a vic in a while. Would love to try their new touring bikes. Especially their newest attempt to mimic the hd street glide.

I've ridden the street glide, sat on the cross roads (which I would buy right this damn second if I hadn't already bought the kingpin low) and all the different set ups for the vision. No comparison. Apples and oranges.

Speaking of which, I get to "exercise" my friend's 2009 (?) VMax tomorrow. I'm about jumping out of my seat to ride that little rocket... :lol:

nhgunnut 04-16-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 362233)

Not to be Rude , but I would have to disagree. I think you care Describing the Cross Country or the Cross Roads It doesn't appear to Mimic Anything . It does seemed aimed the the same Niche.
For me the HD's I have ridden (to Be Fair 07s and earlier) Gave up handling so they could wallow along, Again personal opinion nothing more.
Not to knock the Motor Company but it is Victory and the other Metric Cruiser that have moved HD forward. By that I mean it was Victory that put Brembos with stainless lines stock on the their Bikes in 99 Anitlocks, showed up first on Honda Cruisers (could be wrong here) HD's Increases in Displacement and Improved amenities all in response to the competition.

Gas Man 04-16-2010 04:29 PM

Well tt is just a difference in pov and opinion. More over a chicken or the egg debate. I say tt no matter how u want to slice it. HD is king and all these other brands try to live off a piece of the hd pie tt falls off. Same reason why the metric cruisers went bk to pushrod motors. Trying to emmulate hd in one fashion or the other.

At the end here today. I don't expect anybody to agree with me here in an anti-hd hating metric burning website such as this.

fnfalman 04-16-2010 05:02 PM

Seriously, the Crossbone is a "terror" on the streets?

Cruzergirl 04-16-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 362747)
Well tt is just a difference in pov and opinion. More over a chicken or the egg debate. I say tt no matter how u want to slice it. HD is king and all these other brands try to live off a piece of the hd pie tt falls off. Same reason why the metric cruisers went bk to pushrod motors. Trying to emmulate hd in one fashion or the other.

At the end here today. I don't expect anybody to agree with me here in an anti-hd hating metric burning website such as this.

Keep telling yourself that. I don't hate HD...just the hoopla...it's a bike...get over yourself (yeah, my SO doesn't like it when I say this to him either).

Gas Man 04-17-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 362763)
Seriously, the Crossbone is a "terror" on the streets?

I said "should" but as you read you could tell I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzergirl (Post 362778)
Keep telling yourself that. I don't hate HD...just the hoopla...it's a bike...get over yourself (yeah, my SO doesn't like it when I say this to him either).

I don't have to. I'm on a HD. You just need to get over the fact that I'm better than you because of that. :dribble::skep::tremble: :rockwoot:

fnfalman 04-17-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 362838)
I don't have to. I'm on a HD. You just need to get over the fact that I'm better than you because of that. :dribble::skep::tremble: :rockwoot:

I remembered fondly back in the halcyon days of yore that you were once a real rider.:wtfru: