Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do You Have Any Regrets? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9538)

azoomm 07-24-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 246332)
I have had lots of "learning experiences."

Some I regret.

All have made me who I am today.

I pretty much agree 100% w/ faster but I'm sure he already knew that. :lol:

That's it.

Hell yes I "regret" things :lol: For instance, let's just look at my previous marriage....

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 246575)
^You copied a novel of definitions and highlighted one buried one. :lol: -10 points.

What about these, near the top?
to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.)
imply a sense of sorrow about events in the past, usually wrongs committed or errors made

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that my definition is the only one, just that it is one of the possible definitions. That's why I posted all of the definitions. I believe that you and Kel both said that regret is not "wishing you could change things". I just wanted to point out that it can be and that is how I see regret and that is why I don't "wallow" in it.:idk: Btw I like your example but on the other hand, maybe your friend should have not been following you so closely, made a better personal decision, etc. I too have led rides where people have crashed, fatally, and I'm sorry that it happened but I don't regret riding that day or even leading. :idk: I don't know, I agree with Chi in that it's more of a matter of POV and how you deal with things personally than "right or wrong".:idk:

CrazyKell 07-24-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 246575)
^You copied a novel of definitions and highlighted one buried one. :lol: -10 points.

What about these, near the top?
to feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.)
imply a sense of sorrow about events in the past, usually wrongs committed or errors made

There's always a way to prove your point of view. :lmao:

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 246579)
That's it.

Hell yes I "regret" things :lol: For instance, let's just look at my previous marriage....

Yea I'm sure that he has one or two regrets as well!!!:lol: Just fucking with you!

Here's the thing, I don't know if you had kids with this guy but if you had, would you regret your children as well? They go hand in hand, you know?:idk:

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 246587)
There's always a way to prove your point of view. :lmao:

Ah come on, I was just showing that my definition is legitimate, that's all. You stated that it wasn't.:idk:

CrazyKell 07-24-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 246592)
Ah come on, I was just showing that my definition is legitimate, that's all. You stated that it wasn't.:idk:

Ya I know. I did the same as you...that's why i was laughing!

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 246593)
Ya I know. I did the same as you...that's why i was laughing!

You know, I do have a regret, I regret not going to Canada and....:lol:

azoomm 07-24-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 246590)
Yea I'm sure that he has one or two regrets as well!!!:lol: Just fucking with you!

Here's the thing, I don't know if you had kids with this guy but if you had, would you regret your children as well? They go hand in hand, you know?:idk:

No, they are independent of each other. I can feel sorry for a decision or event/action in the past and move on...

Given the choice to go back and change things - I wouldn't do anything differently. THAT is a moot point as it isn't possible. I love my family, friends and position in life. So, I don't WANT to change things. But, that doesn't mean I can't "regret" even meeting him :idk:

It's all semantics and you typing words in circles doesn't change that.

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 246598)
No, they are independent of each other. I can feel sorry for a decision or event/action in the past and move on...

Given the choice to go back and change things - I wouldn't do anything differently. THAT is a moot point as it isn't possible. I love my family, friends and position in life. So, I don't WANT to change things. But, that doesn't mean I can't "regret" even meeting him :idk:

It's all semantics and you typing words in circles doesn't change that.

True.

Particle Man 07-24-2009 12:25 PM

too much learning in this thread. Have to save it for later when I have beer available to compensate.