Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HA-HA and F%$@ you! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9540)

askmrjesus 07-24-2009 12:01 AM

HA-HA and F%$@ you!

Osama bin Laden son 'probably killed in US drone attack'

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 23 July 2009 10.37 BST

One of Osama bin Laden's sons was probably killed in a US drone strike on a target in Pakistan's tribal areas earlier this year, according to a US report.

Saad bin Laden, who was in his late 20s, is believed to have been hit by a Hellfire missile fired by a CIA-operated Predator unmanned aircraft.

US intelligence officials cannot confirm Saad's identity without a DNA test but are "80 to 85%" certain he is dead, according to a US counter-terrorism official quoted by National Public Radio.

In Islamabad, Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency, said it was trying to confirm the report. "We're aware of it, and we're seeking independent confirmation," he said.

Bin Laden, who is believed to be sheltering along the mountainous tribal belt along the Afghan border, is believed to have at least 12 sons. While some returned to Saudi Arabia, at least six – including Saad – stayed at his side to fight.

Saad is thought to have been mostly in exile in Iran since 2001, highlighting the murky relationship between the Shia state and al-Qaida, which is dominated by Sunni extremists.

In 2003 he was accused of orchestrating a series of largely ineffectual bombings in Saudi Arabia against government offices, oil installations and the US consulate in Jeddah.

He and his brother Mohamed were once groomed for future leadership of al-Qaida, according to the The Bin Ladens, a book by the veteran US journalist Steve Coll. Some reports say he moved from Iran to Pakistan in 2008.

The US counter-terrorism official quoted by NPR said Saad was not senior enough in the al-Qaida ranks to be personally targeted, and was probably "in the wrong place at the wrong time".

"We make a big deal out of him because of his last name," he said.

The US has carried out almost 50 drone strikes in the tribal belt, mostly in north and south Waziristan, since the beginning of the year. Casualties are notoriously difficult to estimate but one news agency puts the toll at 470.

The dead include several al-Qaida figures as well the families of those sheltering them.

JC

Homeslice 07-24-2009 12:53 AM

:zowned:

Papa_Complex 07-24-2009 07:36 AM

"80-85% dead." I'm now picturing a head and one shoulder crawling away, dragged by a single remaining arm.

Rider 07-24-2009 09:18 AM

I''ll believe it when I see his dead carcass on the news. Until then it's just propaganda.

z06boy 07-24-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 246423)
I''ll believe it when I see his dead carcass on the news. Until then it's just propaganda.

...and then I'll only believe it 80-85 %. :lol:

Rider 07-24-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 246424)
...and then I'll only believe it 80-85 %. :lol:

:lol:

askmrjesus 07-24-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 246423)

If he took a Hellfire missile in the face, there might not be much left to see. :lol:

JC

Particle Man 07-24-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 246619)
If he took a Hellfire missile in the face, there might not be much left to see. :lol:

JC

a picture would STILL be worth a thousand words.

Rider 07-24-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 246619)

JC

True but I doubt he took missile to the face.

xx CURVE xx 07-24-2009 01:44 PM

meh.. he has like 100 kids