Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Trip should like this one; Stupid is as Stupid Does (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22470)

Papa_Complex 10-28-2013 08:07 AM

Trip should like this one; Stupid is as Stupid Does

A couple of idiots' video is the evidence against them, for dozens of charges.

Motorcyclists to pay high price for videotaped joy ride

By Danielle Bell ,Ottawa Sun

First posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 01:56 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 08:15 PM EDT

Police say a pair of Ottawa motorcyclists made two huge mistakes on the weekend; they went on a high-speed joyride on an Outaouais highway, and videotaped their actions.

As a result, the pair racked up 229 demerit points and $22,236 in fines for their Saturday afternoon antics.

"That's the highest we've ever had," said MRC des Collines-de-L'Outaouais police Const. Martin Fournel, of the fines levied against the bikers.

A 29-year-old man on a BMW bike, and a 26-year-old man on a Yamaha bike, were nabbed by MRC des Collines-de-L'Outaouais police on Saturday afternoon. Police say the pair racked up the infractions during a one-hour ride, between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., along Hwy. 105 from Chelsea north to Wakefield.

Police got complaints of bikers passing on double solid lines along the highway while heading south, in the Farrellton area. Officers stopped them in the Wakefield area, nearly in front of their police station.

Police saw one of the bikers try to hide a video camera, but it was seized by officers, who then viewed the contents. The tape not only confirmed eyewitness accounts, say police, but helped investigators see several dozen other infractions on the same day.

The charges and tickets relate to speeds of up to 200 km/h in a 70 km/h zone, careless driving and unsafe passing.

The 29-year-old will be issued 21 infractions, for a total of $10,968 in fines and 113 demerit points.

The 26-year-old driver will be issued 21 infractions, for a total of $11,268 in fines and 116 demerit points.

The men could also face criminal charges of dangerous driving.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...ages_video_set

Trip 10-28-2013 08:57 AM

lol, why would I like this? I ride like them.

CasterTroy 10-28-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 532424)

That's why I couldn't get another sportbike, motard, GS....etc That was typically known as a "saturday" in my previous on-road expereinces

Trip 10-28-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 532429)
That's why I couldn't get another sportbike, motard, GS....etc That was typically known as a "saturday" in my previous on-road expereinces

after my trip to barber to watch the WERA races, I am seriously entertaining the idea of another SV so I can have a decent track bike, this is a bad bad idea.

LOL

Sixxxxer 10-28-2013 12:06 PM

Stay off the track in the rain and you might be ok...Lol

Trip 10-28-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 532434)
Stay off the track in the rain and you might be ok...Lol

LOL, yeah I think I will call it a day if that ever comes into play again.

Gas Man 10-28-2013 12:32 PM

So the police confiscated the camera and used it against them as evidence?

Trip 10-28-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 532436)

It's Canada.

Papa_Complex 10-28-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 532424)

Thought you might like it because they were stupid enough to VIDEO themselves doing that shit. You don't do that, do you? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 532436)

Yup. Things are pretty much in flux, up here, since a Supreme Court decision that if your cell phone isn't locked, police have the ability to check through it. The question is if they are able to do the same with other electronic devices. Police are already permitted to take something like a camera into custody, in order to preserve possible evidence, but aren't permitted to view it until they obtain a warrant.

Trip 10-28-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 532438)
Thought you might like it because they were stupid enough to VIDEO themselves doing that shit. You don't do that, do you? ;)

LOL, I use to do that, I still have a video up on youtube of me passing over a double yellow with an cop coming around the corner full lights and sirens.