Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Petition to eliminate armed protection for Pres, VP, and their families. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22058)

Twobanger 01-12-2013 09:38 PM

Petition to eliminate armed protection for Pres, VP, and their families.

Replace armed protection with declared "Gun Free Zones" where he appears in public.

If gun free zones are good enough for us, they should be for him as well.

Let him lead by example.

OneSickPsycho 01-13-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 525461)
Replace armed protection with declared "Gun Free Zones" where he appears in public.

If gun free zones are good enough for us, they should be for him as well.

Let him lead by example.

LoL... This whole White House petition thing is really getting good...

CasterTroy 01-14-2013 07:32 AM

:rockwoot:

Particle Man 01-14-2013 09:28 AM

Signed

Papa_Complex 01-14-2013 03:30 PM

Last time that I checked there were a whole lot more people gunning for him, than for the average citizen. When was the last time anyone here received a credible death threat?

OneSickPsycho 01-14-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 525509)
Last time that I checked there were a whole lot more people gunning for him, than for the average citizen. When was the last time anyone here received a credible death threat?

I think the point isn't about the President... it's about gun-free zones.

Papa_Complex 01-14-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 525510)
I think the point isn't about the President... it's about gun-free zones.

Using the President to make a point about gun free zones is a red herring. What next; will they be using women in abuse shelters to make points about sharing of housework?

OneSickPsycho 01-14-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 525511)
Using the President to make a point about gun free zones is a red herring. What next; will they be using women in abuse shelters to make points about sharing of housework?

I think that was the point... and I think your analogy is pathetic.

Twobanger 01-14-2013 04:32 PM

The president is out there leading the call for gun control, the VP is urging him to do it via EO like some tinpot dictator. If it were the Bradys, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Schumer etc doing it, with him being a non-participant I agree it would be a red herring. Calling him and the other elected officials that have armed bodyguards (or are armed themselves like Feinstein) to protect them and their families, but expect us to hope we're never at the wrong place at the wrong time as hypocrites is fair in this case.

Papa_Complex 01-14-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 525512)
I think that was the point... and I think your analogy is pathetic.

The whole point of my analogy is for it to be pathetic, in keeping with the original topic of conversation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twobanger (Post 525515)
The president is out there leading the call for gun control, the VP is urging him to do it via EO like some tinpot dictator. If it were the Bradys, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Schumer etc doing it, with him being a non-participant I agree it would be a red herring. Calling him and the other elected officials that have armed bodyguards (or are armed themselves like Feinstein) to protect them and their families, but expect us to hope we're never at the wrong place at the wrong time as hypocrites is fair in this case.

If the average citizen was in as much potential danger as the people you name, then I might agree with you. The average citizen isn't. I don't.