Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sad news (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19413)

Sad news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110610/...ild_death_ohio

racedoll 06-11-2011 11:43 AM

Yes, it's very sad. This is about 15 minutes from home.

OneSickPsycho 06-11-2011 12:04 PM

Those comments... ugh...

And people wonder why their kids are completely unprepared for life...

defector 06-11-2011 12:19 PM

Cue outrage for kids and motorcycles.....

derf 06-11-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 475277)
Those comments... ugh...

And people wonder why their kids are completely unprepared for life...

I only read through the first 30 comments, but didnt see anything too 'out there'. I also have to agree that 4 is probably too young to ride a dirt bike, I just dont see someone of that age having the ability to effectively control a bike. That being said, it sounds like the parents did everything right, I'm assuming the place required all safety equipment, helmet, shirt, pants, boots, chest protector, etc... parents took her to a closes bike specific, pee wee event, and the worst happened.

My bet is that she got on the gas, was pulled back in the seat and never let go of the throttle and motored right into a hard object.

My 5 (almost 6) year old isnt ready to ride a dirt bike, he just couldnt control it, I believe my 10 year old is, but she is too scared to do that.

Particle Man 06-11-2011 01:47 PM

Very sad

OneSickPsycho 06-11-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 475293)
I only read through the first 30 comments, but didnt see anything too 'out there'. I also have to agree that 4 is probably too young to ride a dirt bike, I just dont see someone of that age having the ability to effectively control a bike. That being said, it sounds like the parents did everything right, I'm assuming the place required all safety equipment, helmet, shirt, pants, boots, chest protector, etc... parents took her to a closes bike specific, pee wee event, and the worst happened.

My bet is that she got on the gas, was pulled back in the seat and never let go of the throttle and motored right into a hard object.

My 5 (almost 6) year old isnt ready to ride a dirt bike, he just couldnt control it, I believe my 10 year old is, but she is too scared to do that.

I rode a dirt bike before I rode a bicycle... I was about 4... Open face helmet and jeans...

I had good instruction, a wide open space, and a throttle stop screw so I could only go so fast... though I quickly learned that taking out that screw made riding much more enjoyable... :)

Kaneman 06-11-2011 02:23 PM

Sounds like shitty luck of the "Final Destination" variety, you know? Very rare for someone to get killed under those conditions. Ugh, can't even imagine.

More little kids die playing on swingsets each year, but people will go fucking apeshit with hate over this.

That kind of stupid helps nothing.

Humans suddenly have this feeling of entitlement to survival. Not too long ago, most of your kids DIDN'T make it, folks.

The world is still the world, everything can't be babyproofed, and SHIT HAPPENS.

Living in a fucking bubble won't save you. Get out, live. People have stopped living for fear of fucking dying.

Can't just watch everything on fucking TV, folks, you get fat and die fucking anyway!

dReWpY 06-11-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 475315)
More little kids die playing on swingsets each year, but people will go fucking apeshit with hate over this.

That kind of stupid helps nothing.

Humans suddenly have this feeling of entitlement to survival. Not too long ago, most of your kids DIDN'T make it, folks.

The world is still the world, everything can't be babyproofed, and SHIT HAPPENS.

Living in a fucking bubble won't save you. Get out, live. People have stopped living for fear of fucking dying.

Can't just watch everything on fucking TV, folks, you get fat and die fucking anyway!

best OT post ever