Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   State Motorcycle Laws: Do you know yours? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=111)

neebelung 02-27-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 1570)
not sure... I doubt it... as far as I know Cali is the only state that it's legal... then again... from what I was told (by a CHiP officer) that Lane splitting isn't allowed by the law... it's just not specifically prohibited by law... and since the biggest utlizers of the loop hole is CHiP... they don't change it.

personally I think it SHOULD be legal... but then again... can you imagine how many dumb asses would be trying to do a stoppie or wheelie while lane splitting? (suprised I've not seen it on youtube yet)

I believe you're correct, but I think it IS actually legal (not just not illegal), because there's actually limits, i.e. when you lane-split, you can only travel a certain MPH above the flow of traffic (i.e., if everyone's stopped, you can't go flying through at 90 mph).

Texas tried to pass a law a couple years ago to make it legal there, but it didn't pass.

Mr Lefty 02-27-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 1598)
I believe you're correct, but I think it IS actually legal (not just not illegal), because there's actually limits, i.e. when you lane-split, you can only travel a certain MPH above the flow of traffic (i.e., if everyone's stopped, you can't go flying through at 90 mph).

Texas tried to pass a law a couple years ago to make it legal there, but it didn't pass.

good call... like I said... just what I was told by the CHiP bike officer

neebelung 02-28-2008 07:03 AM

I just realized there were too many i.e.'s in my post above. :dvrofl:

Mr Lefty 02-28-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 1667)
I just realized there were too many i.e.'s in my post above. :dvrofl:

:lol: I didn't even notice...

Cutty72 02-28-2008 10:54 AM

Rules schmooles

dReWpY 02-28-2008 12:24 PM

i know i paid more in court costs then i did in actual fines

Cutty72 02-28-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 1983)
i know i paid more in court costs then i did in actual fines

That sux... mine got refunded when i got let off...

dReWpY 02-28-2008 12:59 PM

i could of fought it but the court date was during my spring break and its not that important to me, the thing that sux is the 2 points, i had a clean record until then

t-homo 02-28-2008 01:41 PM

I just checked California's lane splitting and it says not referenced. So I guess Missouri and Ohio can do it, too.

Mrs. Colleen 02-28-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 1393)
OHio
Lane Splitting Not referenced in Administrative Code or Statutes

does this mean its not illegal?

Says the same thing for CA. :idk:

Quote:

Passenger Seat - Required if carrying a passenger
:lol:The mental picture makes me laugh. :lol: