Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Miami Vice lookin' Ferrari owner gets owned (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21651)

Homeslice 08-14-2012 12:38 PM

Miami Vice lookin' Ferrari owner gets owned

I can't quite make out the conversation between 0:05 and 0:10, and I figure that's key to this whole situation..........But either the driver was being an arrogant spolied brat, or needs hearing aids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKwkn6JT74

Gas Man 08-14-2012 01:03 PM

Vid comments
Quote:

I was walking around Soho, NYC today when I stumbled upon this Ferrari 458 Spider with a cop writing a ticket next to it. I started to record the situation because I thought it'd make a cool video, little did I know what I was in for. As soon as I started recording the owner of the car appeared and got in it. He slowly started moving since he refused to accept the ticket (the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself don't understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.) The cop then told him to stop but he proceeded to move forward. Now at this point I believe the cops foot was under the front drivers side tire. Yet again the owner moved the car forward and apparently he somewhat ran over the cops foot (or at least that's what can be made out from everything in the video, others at the scene claimed otherwise.) This triggered the cop and he slammed his hand into the drivers window and proceed to open the door (notice how many times he bumped it into the taxi cab) and pull the driver out forcefully. The driver was then thrown on the ground and handcuffed and arrested. The owners girlfriend seen in the video is also Stephanie Pratt from the MTV hit show, The Hills. The car did suffer some damage, paint chips on the door from when the cop slammed it into the cab and some scuffs by the engine bay shown in the last scene of this video. Pretty crazy situation, I was definitely at the right place at the right time!

So the cop was writing a ticket when he should be.

My issue with it... the cop purposely put his foot and body there. He basically set it up for a type of entrapment.

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court. Or ask for the LEO's Lt/Boss to come out. How many times do we see this shit? These cops on power trips.

shmike 08-14-2012 01:17 PM

I can't believe this took so long to get posted here.

Dude was being ticketed for no front plate.

NYPD has gone soft, richipster is lucky he didn't leave the scene bloody.

BTW, the car is not a Spider.

shmike 08-14-2012 01:22 PM

Acquaintance confirms the Ferrari driver stomped by cops is an obnoxious poser:

http://jalopnik.com/5932561/acquaint...ium=socialflow

Tmall 08-14-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 518114)
Vid comments

My issue with it... the cop purposely put his foot and body there. He basically set it up for a type of entrapment.

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court. Or ask for the LEO's Lt/Boss to come out. How many times do we see this shit? These cops on power trips.

Who cares why the cop put himself in front of the vehicle. He was there before the car started moving. You're obligated to NOT run people over as a condition of your license.

tommymac 08-14-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 518116)

Dude was being ticketed for no front plate.

NYPD has gone soft, richipster is lucky he didn't leave the scene bloody.

BTW, the car is not a Spider.

With everyone taping shit now a days cops arent as likley to beat your ass in public. We have meter maids in nyc that only write parking tickets, they get shit on a lot, but those guys were regular NYPD.

Adeptus_Minor 08-14-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

However, the guy should have just stated his arguement and then if the cop wrote the ticket, just deal with it later in court.

And there it is, ladies & gentlemen...
That's all that needs to be said in soooooo many of these situations.
The place to fight the ticket is not on the side of the road (or street, or hotel valet parking area)

Papa_Complex 08-15-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Vid comments

And if the cop had chosen to stand right in front of the car, then it would have been OK to run him over?

Douche broke the law, thinking that it doesn't apply to people with money. Douche found out he was wrong. Douche's face met asphalt. With any luck the 'assault on police' charge will stick.

How many times do we see this shit? Asshole with money on a power trip, thinking that he can do whatever he wants to.

Dave 08-15-2012 09:47 AM

What an epic ass douche

CasterTroy 08-15-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 518116)

Yeah I thought it odd too...Reddit had it weeks ago :lol