Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What category do you fall in? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5334)

tached1000rr 01-19-2009 10:11 AM

What category do you fall in?

When it comes to tires for your bike?

1) Must have matching tires and matching compounds front/rear

2) I like a soft tire up front and a harder compound on the rear

3) I like a harder compound up front and a softer compound on rear

4) If it's rubber and rolls I can roll with it because no one can stop me and you can only hope to contain me.:pat:

OneSickPsycho 01-19-2009 10:15 AM

Always matching brands with similar profiles... So far, I've only run matching models, but somewhere down the road I see myself running a softer tire up front...

Rider 01-19-2009 10:15 AM

2. With both tires being of the same brand and model.

JoJoYZF 01-19-2009 10:34 AM

My next set is going to be a pilot power up front and a pilot road 2 in the back, so similar models and the compound of the sides of the rear will be similar.

RCM78 01-19-2009 11:10 AM

Pirelli blue(super soft) up front and green(soft) in the rear.

PhiSig1071 01-19-2009 11:11 AM

I think either rider or I am misunderstanding the question. I assume number 2 means two different tires, ie a Pilot Power Front and Pilot Road rear.

I do run softer compounds up front, but when I do it's usually the same tire. For example a Michelin Power Race C front, which is med-soft and a Power Race 5 rear, which is a multi-compund med-hard tire, however they are the same brand and model so they are intended to be matched like that. Or a SC1/SC2 set of Dragon Supercorsas.

I would not run two different tires, like a pilot power front and pilot road rear. And I definitely wouldn't run two different brands. Why? Because I have to buy tires anyway, why not buy matching sets?

MikeSP1 01-19-2009 11:17 AM

The answer depends on what bike I'm riding.
If it's my RC when she's done, then it's gonna be same model, same profile, but the rear is probably gonna be one step harder.
If I'm running something ratty, like for instance a crashed Kan-o-tuna or a dying YZF600R, then it's gonna be whatever holds air.

marko138 01-19-2009 11:21 AM

I run the same shit. Pirelli DC III's.

marko138 01-19-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 149132)
When it comes to tires for your bike?

1) Must have matching tires and matching compounds front/rear

2) I like a soft tire up front and a harder compound on the rear

3) I like a harder compound up front and a softer compound on rear

4) If it's rubber and rolls I can roll with it because no one can stop me and you can only hope to contain me.:pat:

That is fucking hilarious.

Rider 01-19-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 149206)
I think either rider or I am misunderstanding the question. I assume number 2 means two different tires, ie a Pilot Power Front and Pilot Road rear.

I do run softer compounds up front, but when I do it's usually the same tire. For example a Michelin Power Race C front, which is med-soft and a Power Race 5 rear, which is a multi-compund med-hard tire, however they are the same brand and model so they are intended to be matched like that. Or a SC1/SC2 set of Dragon Supercorsas.

I would not run two different tires, like a pilot power front and pilot road rear. And I definitely wouldn't run two different brands. Why? Because I have to buy tires anyway, why not buy matching sets?

Bridgestone BT016's have a softer compound in the front. It a multi compound tire. Front has a medium center with soft edges. The rear has a hard center, with soft edges with medium between the 2. I consider that different compounds since the centers of the front and rear are different but are the same brand and model.