Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whale Wars, anybody watch (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10002)

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255140)
I should record my husband's commentary while watching that show... it makes it all that much better :rofl: The lack of experience on their "sailors" has me surprised that they haven't completely sunk yet. Green Peace won't even claim these fools. Sure makes for good TV though. :panic:

:lol: Yea, I've only watched a few episodes but I think they ran off the only guy that had any experience (old 1st mate?) because he wasn't a tree hugging, pc, cock sucker like the rest of them.:lol:

LeeNetworX 08-17-2009 04:39 PM

Meh. The commercials I've seen for it are enough to keep me from watching.

dReWpY 08-17-2009 04:41 PM

i watch it and think its pretty damn funny, they have no sea skills what so ever

Homeslice 08-17-2009 04:46 PM

I thought the Japanese had been breaking some sort of international treaty.....am I wrong?

Tmall 08-17-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255156)
I thought the Japanese had been breaking some sort of international treaty.....am I wrong?

Whaling is banned.

They harvest whales for "scientific" purposes, and then sell the meat.

azoomm 08-17-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255163)
Whaling is banned.

They harvest whales for "scientific" purposes, and then sell the meat.

I mean, geeez - the ships all say RESEARCH on the side of them. What more proof do we need?? There is the right way to go about this, and there is the wrong way. Trying to take on a ship with a personal water craft while they are firing water cannons at you in freezing waters is the WRONG way.

Perhaps, but then I'm no expert :lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:23 PM

If they were smart they'd find a better way to sabotage the ships.

All ships need cooling water for its equipment. All sea water suction occurs from a few common areas. If they could drop something in the water that would sink a bit and be sucked up, they may be onto something..

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:26 PM

Also forgot to mention that if anything is tangled in your prop, its a good idea to remove it ASAP.

Now, if some ropes with heavy weights got wrapped around it, the hull would take a beating and be potentially compromised.

Homeslice 08-17-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255173)
I mean, geeez - the ships all say RESEARCH on the side of them.

And we're supposed to believe that? Come on.

azoomm 08-17-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255178)
And we're supposed to believe that? Come on.

Of course we are. I mean, they are Japanese ships with the words in English - they simply must be serious. Right?

Now, read it all with sarcasm brackets. :wink: