Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whale Wars, anybody watch (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10002)

RACER X 08-17-2009 03:29 PM

Whale Wars, anybody watch

i watch it from time to time, thought the peeps had a good "cause" but were just stupid people.

but then the last episode they showed a whale getting speared, then shot/killed, then butchered up.........

they killed 3-4 in a few hours

man, that was eye opening. and i knew the process but to watch it happen.

not as bad as the dude's beating the baby seals w/ bats. but they did kill a lil whale.....sad.

azoomm 08-17-2009 03:32 PM

Um, what did you think they did with the whales?

Rider 08-17-2009 03:39 PM

My son watches every episode so I've seen a few of them. I don't think I'd risk my life for a whale.

Trip 08-17-2009 03:51 PM

I watch it and think it's hilarious.

I think the people are stupid and probably deserve to have their boat sunk for ramming ships. If you want to play, you have to be willing to pay. I could care less about the whales or whaling. I would slaughter an animal, bleed it, cut it up into edible portions, cook it, and then eat it if butcher shops didn't do it for me. The only time I wouldn't want hunting is if you were doing it to the point of extinction. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.

RACER X 08-17-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 255124)
. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.

facts? i dunno, link?

Tmall 08-17-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

I think the people are stupid and probably deserve to have their boat sunk for ramming ships. If you want to play, you have to be willing to pay. I could care less about the whales or whaling. I would slaughter an animal, bleed it, cut it up into edible portions, cook it, and then eat it if butcher shops didn't do it for me. The only time I wouldn't want hunting is if you were doing it to the point of extinction. Japan isn't doing that, they are specifically targeting a species that isn't on the verge of extinction and they also quota hunt so the population isn't effected, but facts ruin the point of the show. Their lethal sampling of whales also helps the fish stock in the ocean.

I'll give you whales, but they're definitely fucking up the shark population.

Shark fins are NOT going to make your little asian dicks bigger. Just keep making lots of money so you don't have to worry about it.. (Japanese, not you trip).

Trip 08-17-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 255125)
facts? i dunno, link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Minke_Whale

Quota at 850, they are only getting a little over 500 with a population of over 500000.

Trip 08-17-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255129)
I'll give you whales, but they're definitely fucking up the shark population.

Shark fins are NOT going to make your little asian dicks bigger. Just keep making lots of money so you don't have to worry about it.. (Japanese, not you trip).

:lol: There isn't a TV show about sharks yet. I would watch the nutzo's fight shark hunters too.

azoomm 08-17-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

I should record my husband's commentary while watching that show... it makes it all that much better :rofl: The lack of experience on their "sailors" has me surprised that they haven't completely sunk yet. Green Peace won't even claim these fools. Sure makes for good TV though. :panic:

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 255133)
:lol: There isn't a TV show about sharks yet. I would watch the nutzo's fight shark hunters too.

This is another of those rare topics where we are in complete agreement, Trip. The Japanese are not breaking any laws but these goof balls keep attacking them. It's ridiculous. I wonder if the Japanese whalers are interested in hiring someone who is will to "shoot" back? I wish just once that they'd attack one of these ships and you heard a loud *bang* and see a hole magically appear in their hull!:lol:

As far as how sad it is to see a whale butchered... well, I doubt that it's any more gruesome than the fate of the cow that sacrificed his life so I could eat at Checkers a minute ago.:lol:

Personally, I'd love to see a bunch of kooks go jump in the water to stop people from hunting sharks!

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255140)
I should record my husband's commentary while watching that show... it makes it all that much better :rofl: The lack of experience on their "sailors" has me surprised that they haven't completely sunk yet. Green Peace won't even claim these fools. Sure makes for good TV though. :panic:

:lol: Yea, I've only watched a few episodes but I think they ran off the only guy that had any experience (old 1st mate?) because he wasn't a tree hugging, pc, cock sucker like the rest of them.:lol:

LeeNetworX 08-17-2009 04:39 PM

Meh. The commercials I've seen for it are enough to keep me from watching.

dReWpY 08-17-2009 04:41 PM

i watch it and think its pretty damn funny, they have no sea skills what so ever

Homeslice 08-17-2009 04:46 PM

I thought the Japanese had been breaking some sort of international treaty.....am I wrong?

Tmall 08-17-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255156)
I thought the Japanese had been breaking some sort of international treaty.....am I wrong?

Whaling is banned.

They harvest whales for "scientific" purposes, and then sell the meat.

azoomm 08-17-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255163)
Whaling is banned.

I mean, geeez - the ships all say RESEARCH on the side of them. What more proof do we need?? There is the right way to go about this, and there is the wrong way. Trying to take on a ship with a personal water craft while they are firing water cannons at you in freezing waters is the WRONG way.

Perhaps, but then I'm no expert :lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:23 PM

If they were smart they'd find a better way to sabotage the ships.

All ships need cooling water for its equipment. All sea water suction occurs from a few common areas. If they could drop something in the water that would sink a bit and be sucked up, they may be onto something..

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:26 PM

Also forgot to mention that if anything is tangled in your prop, its a good idea to remove it ASAP.

Now, if some ropes with heavy weights got wrapped around it, the hull would take a beating and be potentially compromised.

Homeslice 08-17-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255173)
I mean, geeez - the ships all say RESEARCH on the side of them.

And we're supposed to believe that? Come on.

azoomm 08-17-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255178)
And we're supposed to believe that? Come on.

Of course we are. I mean, they are Japanese ships with the words in English - they simply must be serious. Right?

Now, read it all with sarcasm brackets. :wink:

Homeslice 08-17-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255163)
Whaling is banned.

I notice you put quotes around scientific --- If it's fake research, then it's just whaling, right?

azoomm 08-17-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255177)
Also forgot to mention that if anything is tangled in your prop, its a good idea to remove it ASAP.

Now, if some ropes with heavy weights got wrapped around it, the hull would take a beating and be potentially compromised.

They have thought of that - and even attempted it. The bummer for them, the Japanese crews thought of it too. And, the ship the Whale War idiots are on isn't rated for the cold temps. So, they are more at risk than the whalers themselves.

M R SMRT

Dave 08-17-2009 05:30 PM

i dont support terrorism in my house.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

I mean, geeez - the ships all say RESEARCH on the side of them. What more proof do we need?? There is the right way to go about this, and there is the wrong way. Trying to take on a ship with a personal water craft while they are firing water cannons at you in freezing waters is the WRONG way.

Exactly, if they aren't happy with the way international law is written, they should take it up with the U.N. All I know is that if a bunch of nut jobs attacked my ship I'd better not have so much as a rock on it! I think that a bunch of water balloons filled with whale blood/guts would do nicely!

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:33 PM

I could come up with ideas all day...

Ram the prop with some kind of extension.. That could knock the stern seals loose and flood em.

2 small craft with a chain between em. Weight in the middle of the chain. Come up behind and drag it until you catch the prop or a-frame and let it go...

Boats are so vulnerable, anybody with half a brain could sabotage one.

Tmall 08-17-2009 05:35 PM

I don't support a needless slaughter of animals.

If you do any research on whale meat, everything leads to most of it going to waste. And the hunt is essentially a traditional thing that keeps some fisherman employed. Somewhat like our Canadian seal hunt..

Dave 08-17-2009 05:44 PM

i hear zodiacs full of tnt work well too :rolleyes:

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 05:46 PM

Hey I know, why don't we just kill all those people engaged in legal activities because we don't like it. This reminds me of the nut jobs that spiked a bunch of trees so loggers would get injured if they cut them down or the people who oil corners at the Gap because they don't like us speeding down 129.

The Japanese whalers have found a "loophole" in the law. Get together and change the law but to attack and potentially injure or even kill these sailors who are just trying to make a living... IDK maybe this is another case where I'm stupid/crazy/ an idiot/ etc but I don't get it. This would be like someone against deer hunting setting up booby traps on state land.

Homeslice 08-17-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255196)
The Japanese whalers have found a "loophole" in the law.

If they really aren't doing any scientific research, then it's not a loophole.......They're simply breaking the law :shrug:

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:01 PM

Werd, what slice said.

Besides, the greeners can play the same game.

They "lost" 6 or 7 chains with buoys attached at appropriate lengths..

I'm not advocating hurting anybody.

I'm saying make it so it costs them more money in repairs than they make from "research".

Dragonpaco 08-17-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Hey I know, why don't we just kill all those people engaged in legal activities because we don't like it. This reminds me of the nut jobs that spiked a bunch of trees so loggers would get injured if they cut them down or the people who oil corners at the Gap because they don't like us speeding down 129.

The Japanese whalers have found a "loophole" in the law. Get together and change the law but to attack and potentially injure or even kill these sailors who are just trying to make a living... IDK maybe this is another case where I'm stupid/crazy/ an idiot/ etc but I don't get it. This would be like someone against deer hunting setting up booby traps on state land.

tree spiking is really fucked up. people get mauled by those things and if they don't die; they usually end up wishing they were dead because of the disabling injuries.

Apoc 08-17-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255206)
If they really aren't doing any scientific research, then it's not a loophole.......They're simply breaking the law :shrug:

Prove they are doing anything illegal though...

I feel the same way as tigger, I may not condone whaling, but they should be able to shoot those trying to sabotage their ships, in self defense...

If somebody was trying to sink my ship (if I had one), i'd think that was attempted murder.

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:04 PM

Except you're not supposed to have weapons in international waters...

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255206)

Maybe, but then why not have them arrested? They are obviously doing whatever is necessary to satisfy the laws as they stand on the books. Even Greenpeace is satisfied for the most part with the law. Although I am sure that they are working hard to eliminate even this small amount of whale hunting. I'm sorry but to me hunting is hunting. Why does a whale have a greater right to life than a deer? This particular species isn't endangered and these guys are staying well within their quota/limit.:idk: It'll never cease to amaze me how some animals are off limits and others are kill on sight.:lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:09 PM

Foot in mouth.. Was thinkign of the Atlantic right whale, not minke..

Apoc 08-17-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpaco (Post 255209)
tree spiking is really fucked up. people get mauled by those things and if they don't die; they usually end up wishing they were dead because of the disabling injuries.

theres only one recorded incident of someone getting hurt from tree spiking in the USA in the last 30 years (just checked), and he was working in a sawmill, not actually felling the trees.

I checked cuz i wanted to see the damage they did, lol.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255211)
Except you're not supposed to have weapons in international waters...

Well, there's something I didn't know...

Ha the gun lovers will love this one... so that's why pirates have such easy pickings, since only the criminals have weapons.

Well, these are Japanese people we're talking about, I'm sure they could whip up something to combat these people. A slingshot, a giant robot, idk something! Shit, how are they spearing the whales/ they should use that!:lol:

Dragonpaco 08-17-2009 06:12 PM

the spike was always meant to fuck people up at the sawmill. and i've heard alot more than 1 30 year old story from the loggers up in forks, WA when i was hanging up there

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 255210)
Prove they are doing anything illegal though...

I feel the same way as tigger, I may not condone whaling, but they should be able to shoot those trying to sabotage their ships, in self defense...

If somebody was trying to sink my ship (if I had one), i'd think that was attempted murder.

Me too! That's like someone trying to stick a pipe in my wheel or flatten my tires. They have a right to defend themselves don't they?

Trip 08-17-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255177)

They already do try to get the props with nets, but they suck at sailing and anything of that nature, so they fail. :lol:

Quote:

They actually do get real scientific research from it. Like on fish patterns and how much the whales are taking out the fish stock and the IWC who gets pissed off at them for whaling, also said their research work has been very good. :lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255218)
Well, there's something I didn't know...

Ha the gun lovers will love this one... so that's why pirates have such easy pickings, since only the criminals have weapons.

Well, these are Japanese people we're talking about, I'm sure they could whip up something to combat these people. A slingshot, a giant robot, idk something! Shit, how are they spearing the whales/ they should use that!:lol:

Sigh, there we go. Foot in mouth again. You can have them in international waters. But, you are subject to the laws of the country who's waters you happen to cross into.

http://www.mast-yacht.com/legaldocs/firearms.html

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 255216)
theres only one recorded incident of someone getting hurt from tree spiking in the USA in the last 30 years (just checked), and he was working in a sawmill, not actually felling the trees.

I checked cuz i wanted to see the damage they did, lol.

Oh I don't know if anyone was actually injured but to do it in the first place is sick in my book! Okay you love nature, you love whales, cool but to even risk harming a human being to save a tree or a whale is sick IMHO.

Apoc 08-17-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonpaco (Post 255220)
the spike was always meant to fuck people up at the sawmill. and i've heard alot more than 1 30 year old story from the loggers up in forks, WA when i was hanging up there

I've heard stories of monsters that live in the seas and eat ships, and ones that hide under beds and eat kids too..

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255226)
Sigh, there we go. Foot in mouth again. You can have them in international waters. But, you are subject to the laws of the country who's waters you happen to cross into.

http://www.mast-yacht.com/legaldocs/firearms.html

Oh well there you go! Lock and load my Japanese brothers!!!:rockwoot::lol: Bonzai!!!:lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:20 PM

Whoah...

The whaling restrictions are only in effect on countries who are part of the IWC.
so, if Japan is not a member, they can hunt all they like.

Seems like Norway still does it.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 255228)
I've heard stories of monsters that live in the seas and eat ships, and ones that hide under beds and eat kids too..

:lol: Well, it's no myth that they did spike trees whether or not people were hurt.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255231)
Whoah...

The whaling restrictions are only in effect on countries who are part of the IWC.
so, if Japan is not a member, they can hunt all they like.

Seems like Norway still does it.

Yea this is one of those goofy subjects... I mean I'm against whaling but I'm for allowing men to make an honest living within the law.:idk:

Apoc 08-17-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255233)
:lol: Well, it's no myth that they did spike trees whether or not people were hurt.

I wasnt debating how it was done, just that barely anyone gets hurt from it, and there are no pictures of the injuries online :(

Homeslice 08-17-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255212)
Maybe, but then why not have them arrested? They are obviously doing whatever is necessary to satisfy the laws as they stand on the books.

I dunno, maybe the Japanese gov't just doesn't care, or they want to protect that part of their economy.

As to your 2nd sentence, how are they satisfying the law? Doesn't look like they're obeying the law to me. Unless as you suggested, they never signed the treaty......in which case it's a moot point :shrug:

Besides, "international law" is never really enforced anyway. :lol:

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 255235)
I wasnt debating how it was done, just that barely anyone gets hurt from it, and there are no pictures of the injuries online :(

That's cool with me! My gf had me watching a gastric bypass surgery earlier.... yuck!:panic:

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255236)
I dunno, maybe the Japanese gov't just doesn't care, or they want to protect that part of their economy. And it's not like "international law" is ever really enforced anyway.

that's true... it seems to me that the whale lovers could get someone to step in considering all the film/proof that they have if these guys were breaking the law.:idk:

Tmall 08-17-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 255236)
I dunno, maybe the Japanese gov't just doesn't care, or they want to protect that part of their economy.

As to your 2nd sentence, how are they satisfying the law? Doesn't look like they're obeying the law to me. Unless as you suggested, they never signed the treaty......in which case it's a moot point :shrug:

Besides, "international law" is never really enforced anyway. :lol:

The Americans bullied them into signing it. Told them, "Sign it, or we'll lower your quotas for other fish." They signed it, yanks said, "neener neener, we're lowering your quotas anyway.." <--- Wiki

Apoc 08-17-2009 08:11 PM

found this while i was looking around:

Canada

Nowadays, Canadian whaling is carried out by various Inuit groups around the country in small numbers and is managed by the Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The meat obtained from this whaling is commercially sold through shops and supermarkets. This meat is typically not available in southern metropolitan centers such as Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal but is more available in northern communities where whale meat is a component of the traditional diet. There is considerable consternation amongst whale hunters and conservationists about the hunt. The Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society says "Canada has pursued a policy of marine mammal management which appears to be more to do with political expediency rather than conservation."

Canada left the IWC in 1982 and as such is not bound by the moratorium on whaling.

Tmall 08-17-2009 08:14 PM

The wikipedia is strong in this one. :lol:

Homeslice 08-17-2009 08:23 PM

Canada must be too cold for the Whale Warriors lol

Homeslice 08-17-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255243)
The Americans bullied them into signing it. Told them, "Sign it, or we'll lower your quotas for other fish." They signed it, yanks said, "neener neener, we're lowering your quotas anyway.." <--- Wiki

Not surprising

Tmall 08-17-2009 08:32 PM

Our whaling literally occurs in a boat big enoug for 4 or 5 people. And the carcass is floated beside the dinghy until it can be hauled ashore.

Also, our guys are allowed so many strikes. If they're allowed 3 strikes, and they hit a whale and it dives, there goes a strike. You now have 2 more...

VatorMan 08-17-2009 08:48 PM

OK-ENOUGH of the "whale wars". Do you realize that EVERY Naval vessel out there throws massive quantities of BS overboard ? Where's the outrage about that? A single Aircraft carrier has over 5000 assholes on it wasting all sorts of BS.As soon as you reach 13 miles of the coast-dump everything overboard. I spent 13 years in the USN and am ashamed at all the harmful stuff we dumped over the side.

America needs to clean up its act before we can go after others.

Homeslice 08-17-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Our whaling literally occurs in a boat big enoug for 4 or 5 people. And the carcass is floated beside the dinghy until it can be hauled ashore.

Also, our guys are allowed so many strikes. If they're allowed 3 strikes, and they hit a whale and it dives, there goes a strike. You now have 2 more...
So these boats are too small for a harpoon gun right?

Tmall 08-17-2009 08:55 PM

Funny you should mention what the navy does.

We treat all of our sewage before it is dumped, regardless of where we are in coastal waters.

We also melt down and store all plastic.

We pulp all paper and send it over the side. And all glass and metal are broken down into tiny pieces using a shredder before we put it in the ocean.

And food and such is ground up and used to feed the fishes.

We actually use your navy as an example of what not to do.

We can technically dump straight oil over the side if its an operational requirement. But, I think we'd be pretty much a ball of flames before that would happen.

Tmall 08-17-2009 08:57 PM

Slice, the boats are not too small for harpoons. But, they're the hand held kind.

azoomm 08-17-2009 09:05 PM

If you've ever seen the Mexican oil field, you wouldn't ever bitch about polution anywhere. Ever.

VatorMan 08-17-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255287)
If you've ever seen the Mexican oil field, you wouldn't ever bitch about polution anywhere. Ever.

Yea I would. We pumped 21000 gallons of JP5 overboard because it had some water in it.

Tmall 08-17-2009 09:12 PM

Wow. With our laws. I'd tell the EO to go fuck himself before I would put a drop of wd 40 into the water.

We're trained in the proper handling and disposal of hazardous waste before we evern set foot on board.

If you knowingly release ods or pol you can be fined up to a million dollars.

Tmall 08-17-2009 09:14 PM

Oh, true story.
We lost 200 litres of distillate over the side. It was due to a faulty valve. The upper deck engineer almost went to jail over it.

20000 gallons? You'd pick up a spill that size from satellite.

Homeslice 08-17-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 255288)
Yea I would. We pumped 21000 gallons of JP5 overboard because it had some water in it.

Um, how about simply holding on to it until you port?

Homeslice 08-17-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255285)
Slice, the boats are not too small for harpoons. But, they're the hand held kind.

Those are some brave-ass whalers, then.

Apoc 08-17-2009 09:20 PM

They live in northern canada. Summer is a sunshower in July, and theyve been living that way for a few hundred years. Brave, tough, uneducated natives.

Tmall 08-17-2009 09:22 PM

Slice.. Fuel is run through coalescers. It seperates the water from the fuel.

It has to be run through these coalescers before it is allowed to be run in the engines.

So, if they have to run it through a water seperator before it goes to where it needs to be. Why dump it?

And, if water got into your JP5, (jet propellant 5) you have some serious issues.

Like a compromised tank..

I could go on all day on why fuel mixed with water wouldn't be dumped.

But, he may have just had a dumb ass co..

Tmall 08-17-2009 09:25 PM

Also, what did you guys do with the rest of your fuel?

There is a lot of condensation in fuel tanks. Which is why we run them through water seperators. Did you dump distillate too?

Homeslice 08-17-2009 09:44 PM

If this ship was going to be refueled by another boat and they needed the room, then yeah I could understand dumping it, but otherwise..........

Tmall 08-17-2009 09:51 PM

But! Fuel and water don't mix.

And fuel is seperated before it gets to the service tanks.

So, unless it was detected in the fueling, which they stop immediately when they take fuel samples, how could water and fuel emulsify before it was caught?

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255304)
But! Fuel and water don't mix.

And fuel is seperated before it gets to the service tanks.

So, unless it was detected in the fueling, which they stop immediately when they take fuel samples, how could water and fuel emulsify before it was caught?

Question, isn't JP5 basically hi grade kerosene? Fuck the environment, that was a lot of loot!!! Man, if you had called me I would have tried to come get that shit somehow!!!:lol:

Tmall 08-17-2009 10:00 PM

Jp 5 is a fuel with a lower flash point than diesel.

We can mix it into our diesel, but we can't mix diesel in with it.

Its basically clean jet fuel.
It has tighter restrictions than regular fuel. We run our through the filters for 4 hours every single day, to ensure our birds don't fall out of the sky.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255313)
Jp 5 is a fuel with a lower flash point than diesel.

We can mix it into our diesel, but we can't mix diesel in with it.

Its basically clean jet fuel.
It has tighter restrictions than regular fuel. We run our through the filters for 4 hours every single day, to ensure our birds don't fall out of the sky.

Well, it's worth a lot of money right?

TommyHotWheel 08-17-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

This would be like someone against deer hunting setting up booby traps on state land.

Been on the painful end of that shit brother!

Trip 08-17-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 255320)

Don't know about deer hunting traps, but I agree on the painful end of booby traps. They hurt a lot.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel (Post 255320)

I've heard of that happening before but I've never known anyone "personally" that's had it happen to them! Wow that's fucked up!!!:panic:

Trip 08-17-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255324)
I've heard of that happening before but I've never known anyone "personally" that's had it happen to them! Wow that's fucked up!!!:panic:

You know someone personally that had a cult christian group that was against dirt bikes riding in the woods behind their cult plantation that setup up a booby trap to stop them from riding there though. :lol:

Smittie61984 08-17-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 255114)
Um, what did you think they did with the whales?

Research, duh.

I can't stand the show, but mainly because of the shitty ass captain. He always plays it so it's not his fault if shit goes wrong. For example people wanted to do some weird mission but the people who were going to do the mission were worried about it. The captain basically said "Decide yourselves" but then brow beat them into doing it. Your a fucking captain, you make the god damn call.

For the rest of the crew. Nothing but a bunch of whiney ass rich kids who are wanting to score some sweet sweet hippy bush poontang..

Whales suck anyways. Save dolphins because dolphins are much cooler and smarter than whales.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 255330)
You know someone personally that had a cult christian group that was against dirt bikes riding in the woods behind their cult plantation that setup up a booby trap to stop them from riding there though. :lol:

Oh yea? Who? Just kidding! Yea I also know a guy who lost his spleen from a farmer running a wire trap because they were riding dirt bikes down his access road as a short cut to his property. According to my friend the guy never once said anything to him or his Dad about it. In fact, his Dad had always considered them friends.:idk:

I'm sure you all remember, my ride report on the crazy old lady who hit one of my guys with a pitch fork because she was tired of people riding down her road.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 255332)
Research, duh.

I can't stand the show, but mainly because of the shitty ass captain. He always plays it so it's not his fault if shit goes wrong. For example people wanted to do some weird mission but the people who were going to do the mission were worried about it. The captain basically said "Decide yourselves" but then brow beat them into doing it. Your a fucking captain, you make the god damn call.

For the rest of the crew. Nothing but a bunch of whiney ass rich kids who are wanting to score some sweet sweet hippy bush poontang..

Whales suck anyways. Save dolphins because dolphins are much cooler and smarter than whales.

Well, except Orcas they are super cool!!!:rockwoot:

Smittie61984 08-17-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255339)
Well, except Orcas they are super cool!!!:rockwoot:

Orcas are dolphins just like Pilot whales.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 255341)
Orcas are dolphins just like Pilot whales.

I thought that the teeth differentiated them somehow... well anyway, cool let's kill all the stupid whales except for one pair we need just in case aliens come looking for them in the future!!!

Apoc 08-17-2009 11:16 PM

Im not for killing whales at all....

I am for killing wierdo environmentalists though. If I could get a license for them, i'd use the whalers as bait to catch me a crazy.

Smittie61984 08-17-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255342)
I thought that the teeth differentiated them somehow... well anyway, cool let's kill all the stupid whales except for one pair we need just in case aliens come looking for them in the future!!!

Don't know anything about their teeth but the intelligence, speed, and agility come from the dolphin side. Which is why Orcas (their scientific name means "Bringer of Death") are kings of the ocean. Giant Squids, Great Whites, etc generally do not fuck with a full grown Orca.

Amber Lamps 08-17-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 255343)
Im not for killing whales at all....

I am for killing wierdo environmentalists though. If I could get a license for them, i'd use the whalers as bait to catch me a crazy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 255345)
Don't know anything about their teeth but the intelligence, speed, and agility come from the dolphin side. Which is why Orcas (their scientific name means "Bringer of Death") are kings of the ocean. Giant Squids, Great Whites, etc generally do not fuck with a full grown Orca.

Man, I want one for a pet!!!:lol:

Smittie61984 08-17-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255346)
Man, I want one for a pet!!!:lol:

I'd want one as a buddy in the wild. Killer whales have attacked more humans in captivity than in the wild. Infact I think there is only 1 recorded incident in the world of a killer whale attack (that wasn't accidental).

Want to see how smart they are???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xmqbNsRSk

azoomm 08-18-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 255355)
I'd want one as a buddy in the wild. Killer whales have attacked more humans in captivity than in the wild. Infact I think there is only 1 recorded incident in the world of a killer whale attack (that wasn't accidental).

That, is AWESOME.

Tmall 08-18-2009 08:51 AM

About 6 years ago I went whale watching off of Vancouver island.

We lucked into a super pod. There must have been 50 orca.

We just shit off the boat and drifted while they swam around us.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the coolest thing I have ever experienced.

Even got to see a whale boner! :lol: the tour guide says, "kinda humbling eh guys?" I told him, speak for yourself.

And to top it all off, while we're zooming back in a 400hp rhib, 4 cf 18s fly over us in formation.

By far, one of the coolest days in my life!

HurricaneHeather 08-18-2009 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have nothing to add.

http://www.punnyshirts.com/shirtpage.asp?item=whale

Trip 08-18-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255412)
About 6 years ago I went whale watching off of Vancouver island.

We lucked into a super pod. There must have been 50 orca.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the coolest thing I have ever experienced.

Even got to see a whale boner! :lol: the tour guide says, "kinda humbling eh guys?" I told him, speak for yourself.

And to top it all off, while we're zooming back in a 400hp rhib, 4 cf 18s fly over us in formation.

By far, one of the coolest days in my life!

One of the biggest opponents to whale hunting is the whale watching industry. They don't care about population numbers or if whale hunting will have an impact on the population. All they care about is the $$$ that comes in from whale watching because it will drive whales away from easy hunting areas.

defector 08-18-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Nature happening is the coolest thing. Ever.

Dave 08-18-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xmqbNsRSk

thats gotta classify as tool using levels of intelligence or better. fuckin wild :boobs:

wanted to punch the old guy about the seal though

TommyHotWheel 08-19-2009 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 255324)

Some asshole cut part-way through the rungs to my tree stand. I fell about 15 feet landed on my back with a quarter inch stick through the meat of my thigh. No traces so nothing anyone could do.

askmrjesus 08-19-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 255412)

I think I just figured out what's wrong with the Canadian tourism industry.

JC

Amber Lamps 08-19-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 255799)
I think I just figured out what's wrong with the Canadian tourism industry.

JC

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, there's always the annual "Fecalphiliacs Jamboree"...

Tmall 08-20-2009 11:46 AM

No idea how real this is..

http://imgur.com/8tpi5.jpg

derf 08-21-2009 12:49 AM

http://thechive.com/wp-content/uploa...hursday-16.jpg

derf 09-07-2009 09:19 PM

So today I have been feeling like shit, and havn't left the house all day.

Anyway, I've been watching a whale wars marathon, and damn thses guys are a bunch of untrained hooligans running around on the ocean. I guess they have been at this for 25 years (?), and I'm surprised that nobody has died yet. I'm no sailor so I really have nothing to base my thoughts on except that some of the shit they are doing is just nuts.