Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Absolute worste beginner bike (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1830)

Smittie61984 06-28-2008 03:04 PM

Absolute worste beginner bike

I was thinking about this the other day. I've seen newbies go out and get Litre bikes or even Busa and do alright. But got to thinking what some bikes would be that would just absolutely suck for a newbie.

Now assuming the rider isn't a complete moron what would you think. Say he (Going with he so weight/height of the bike isn't an issue) just didn't have any friends to tell him different (For or against) and he wasn't an internet person. He's going to ride somewhat hard but isn't going to leave the shop doing a wheelie down the interstate (On purpose). Saying they have no motorcycle or even ATV experience.

My vote would be the RC51. That or a Ducati 1098. You could regulate yourself with an inline 4 but I think the very low end torque will get a newbie in big trouble.

Cutty72 06-28-2008 03:07 PM

I still think the powerband hit of an I4 would still be worse.

Sure, the first few times riding the V-twin they are gonna get scared shitless. But with the I4, they will start out riding down low, until they get a bit more comfortable, then they get ballsy and hammer on it. Powerband hits and BAM... there they lay.

PiZdETS 06-28-2008 06:45 PM

Turbo hayabusa with two-stage throttle activated nitrous, 2 foot extended swingarm and a bald 120 rear tire.

Instant death for a newb.

Dave 06-28-2008 07:17 PM

first year tlr1000, theres reasons they called em widowmakers

PhiSig1071 06-28-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 52982)
first year tlr1000, theres reasons they called em widowmakers

Oh HELL yes.

I want one of those bikes SO bad, I wrote a bit on that bike on here before, I believe that my exact words were:

"More fun than a room full of hookers and a gallon ziploc of X, but almost as likely to get you in trouble"

Aside from that, the VERY worst bike I have ever seen, the biggest bitch to ride, and the greatest potential for a NASTY highside would HAVE to be a Factory CR500X plated supermoto. I also want one of those.

fnfalman 06-29-2008 12:18 AM

Big ass cruisers - name your brand here.

Dnyce 06-29-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 52997)
Big ass cruisers - name your brand here.

boss hoss

DLIT 06-29-2008 09:29 AM

An I4 will get you in trouble down low still. You make it sound like there's no power at all down low in an I4. Especially for a newbie with no previous MC or ATV (Me) experience. That's why I'd say any, 600 or higher, sportbike could be potentially the worst. Not so much as the litre bikes, but still...My vote would be ZX14 or Busa. If I had ever rode a v-twin litre bike, my vote may be different, but I've only rode an 848 and didn't romp on the gas.

MikeSP1 06-29-2008 01:57 PM

I'd say either the RC or TLR. On one of these (especially the RC) you can be cruising very low (outside the powerband), smack it, and it will take off like a raped ape, with an I4 if you're cruising at low engine speed and smack it, it'll go, but just take a little longer. Or any big cruiser.

Cutty72 06-29-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSP1 (Post 53013)
I'd say either the RC or TLR. On one of these (especially the RC) you can be cruising very low (outside the powerband), smack it, and it will take off like a raped ape, with an I4 if you're cruising at low engine speed and smack it, it'll go, but just take a little longer. Or any big cruiser.

1125 fits in that category too.