Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where is everyone? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22622)

N2O Junkie 01-27-2015 10:15 AM

Where is everyone?

Seems like all the forums are slow lately... have people gone elsewhere?

I guess I'm a contributor.. my last login was apparently 7/8/13 according to the site.. hope everyone is doing well!

Rob

Papa_Complex 01-27-2015 01:50 PM

I've always been on multiple forums (fora?). I keep a tab for this site and click by once or twice a day, but it's a ghost town these days.

Tsunami 01-28-2015 02:48 AM

I think we all just use Facebook now.

OneSickPsycho 01-28-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534220)
I've always been on multiple forums (fora?). I keep a tab for this site and click by once or twice a day, but it's a ghost town these days.

me too

Cutty72 01-30-2015 10:58 PM

Hell it's my homepage on my personal computer. Doesn't take long to check the new posts anymore though.

Trip 02-02-2015 12:19 AM

My lack of riding effected my posting here, that and no one to talk to. I just don't ride as much since I moved to Chatty and can't hit the gap in 30 minutes.

Plus I had a kid.

Turbo Ghost 02-02-2015 08:34 AM

None of us are near as active as we were on here! I haven't ridden much since my Route 66 trip and at the moment I've got 4 bikes at the house and none are running!

Papa_Complex 02-02-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534229)
My lack of riding effected my posting here, that and no one to talk to. I just don't ride as much since I moved to Chatty and can't hit the gap in 30 minutes.

Plus I had a kid.

It's not The Gap but there's plenty of nice scenic riding just across the border, in 'Bama. My high speed run was Four Mile Post Road, just west of Huntsville, admittedly before the new subdivisions went in. My quite cruise was HWY 65 north to TN 97, or to 146/79 up to TN 16.

Rangerscott 02-02-2015 05:43 PM

Never left. Nothing really exciting happening in my life to post about.

Tsunami 02-03-2015 07:07 AM

Is the motorcycle scene dying or does it just seem that way because we are all getting older and have other priorities?

N2O Junkie 02-03-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 534234)
Is the motorcycle scene dying or does it just seem that way because we are all getting older and have other priorities?

I feel like all the scenes are dead. Car scenes used to be popping.. along with bikes. Local forums seem to be mostly inactive... there's bike nights here and there I know about but nothing like the pre social media days! Or maybe cops just got bad enough to calm everything down.

pauldun170 02-03-2015 10:03 AM

Still check in from time to time.
Still ride the CBR
Still haven't sold the ZX11

racedoll 02-03-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Plus I had a kid.

I got away from the site for a while and when I came back, not a lot going on - check in once and a while.

Not to mention, I haven't gotten to ride much for the last few years since I made some changes in my life. I hope to get more in this summer but still won't be a lot since I have different responsibilities. Last summer I rode once, 26 miles round tripe to my sister's house for my nephew's birthday.

Cutty72 02-03-2015 09:43 PM

My goal is 3k this year. We'll see...

Turbo Ghost 02-04-2015 12:50 PM

My goal is to get one of my 4 bikes running! Any one!

marko138 02-04-2015 02:49 PM

I still pop in about once or twice a day to see if any thing is going on. It usually isn't.

Papa_Complex 02-04-2015 06:15 PM

Gina probably has a good point that a lot of people have gone over to Facebook, but I find that just doesn't provide the same sort of venue for ongoing conversations. Maybe if I had the attention span of a goldfish....

OneSickPsycho 02-05-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534244)
Gina probably has a good point that a lot of people have gone over to Facebook, but I find that just doesn't provide the same sort of venue for ongoing conversations. Maybe if I had the attention span of a goldfish....

Agreed. Don't catch everything that's going on either...

racedoll 02-06-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

I hate the sharing of this or that, or the bashing that goes on with FB, clutters everything up.

Rangerscott 02-07-2015 10:44 AM

Planning on a trip to Florida this summer.

Tsunami 02-08-2015 12:43 AM

Revive TWF!!!!

Cutty72 02-08-2015 04:19 PM

Good luck.

RACER X 02-10-2015 03:57 PM

present barely

Sixxxxer 02-10-2015 07:11 PM

I check in once a week or so.

Got Married, Bought a House and Still have the ZX6.

Looking to always ride more!!

OneSickPsycho 02-11-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 534259)
Revive TWF!!!!

I just stopped checking in on a daily basis a few weeks ago... after a solid week or so of no new posts...

Rangerscott 02-11-2015 12:36 PM

Well to keep this post going..........colonoscopy & Endo here I come.

Turbo Ghost 02-12-2015 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 534266)
Well to keep this post going..........colonoscopy & Endo here I come.

Make sure they do the endo first! Otherwise, expect a bad taste afterward! But, don't worry, you won't remember anything!

Rangerscott 02-12-2015 08:33 AM

Its going without eating for a day and a half thats gonna suck. I feel bad just missing one meal. Plus I dont have much fat reserve. My stomach is going to eat itself.

Particle Man 02-13-2015 03:16 AM

Had one kid sick and another in the hospital so I've been busy :(

I keep that stuff off FB though.

Triple 02-14-2015 01:52 AM

Quote:

I just don't ride as much since I moved to Chatty and can't hit the gap in 30 minutes.

As in Chattanooga? The gap is king, but there is no shortage of twisty pavement in the Chattanooga/North GA area. I'm thirty minutes south of you and I can spend an entire day in the mountains without venturing more than 50 miles from my house.

N2O Junkie 02-16-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple (Post 534278)
As in Chattanooga? The gap is king, but there is no shortage of twisty pavement in the Chattanooga/North GA area. I'm thirty minutes south of you and I can spend an entire day in the mountains without venturing more than 50 miles from my house.

I'm in savannah, when we hitting the mountains?

pauldun170 02-18-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Add me to the "agreed" list

Papa_Complex 02-18-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 534281)
Add me to the "agreed" list

Is that regarding Facebook, conversations, or goldfish?

ceo012384 02-21-2015 02:07 PM

I'm around. Divested my bikes during my evening MBA work, too busy and not enough cash to keep riding and racing, didn't make sense to have depreciable items sitting around.

About to finish the MBA and change jobs, so I'll likely get back into racing. Street riding, that's more of a maybe.

pauldun170 02-24-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 534283)
Is that regarding Facebook, conversations, or goldfish?

Facebook, conversations and I also have the attention span of a goldfish nowadays.

Archren 02-24-2015 12:31 PM

New job has me so busy most of the time, and the only occasion I really have to check on the forum is when I'm bored at work (which is only about once in a blue moon these days). I travel a lot more now, just not on the bike. Usually for some joint training with civil authorities in some part of the state or other about once or twice a month for a week at a time. At least I get to rack up points with Marriott this way. :rockwoot:

EpyonXero 02-24-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2O Junkie (Post 534235)
I feel like all the scenes are dead. Car scenes used to be popping.. along with bikes. Local forums seem to be mostly inactive... there's bike nights here and there I know about but nothing like the pre social media days! Or maybe cops just got bad enough to calm everything down.

It seems that the decline coincided with the recession, Im guessing a lot of people couldn't afford their toys anymore. I haven't been riding much but was still checking TWF regularly but there haven't been any posts so I haven't logged on in a while. Im thinking about getting a new bike this summer though, a BMW 1200GS.

fatbuckRTO 02-26-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

This frustrates the hell out of me. I remember having month-long duke-outs here and on CF. Sometimes it took that long just to understand what the other people were saying. When I try to participate in any sort of conversation on Facebook, if it lasts for more than a day everyone forgets it ever existed.

Papa_Complex 02-27-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 534307)
This frustrates the hell out of me. I remember having month-long duke-outs here and on CF. Sometimes it took that long just to understand what the other people were saying. When I try to participate in any sort of conversation on Facebook, if it lasts for more than a day everyone forgets it ever existed.

I had a brief exchange with an anti-vaccer "researcher", on Facebook, that would have turned into an epic smack-down thread on any message board. He was pointing to things like a measles outbreak in Quebec. in which 100% of the infected people were fully vaccinated, as part of his evidence.

I pointed out that when you have a 100% rate of vaccination in a population and vaccination is roughly 95% effective at blocking measles, then of course you're going to have 100% of your infected people be vaccinated prior to infection.

He let the exchange drop, for obvious reasons, but a message board would have carried on the conversation without him. That sort of two way discussion, involving multiple people, is a useful tool.

OneSickPsycho 02-27-2015 12:15 PM

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/22/7433899/debunk-how-to

Papa_Complex 02-27-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 534312)

Bill O'Reilly depends pretty heavily on that "brain glitch" for his "facts."

Tsunami 02-28-2015 12:12 AM

I'm getting sick of facebook and the constant attention whoring, validate me posts and selfies. Can we just all start hanging out again on the forum???

Papa_Complex 03-01-2015 07:36 PM

Sort of been trying ;)

OneSickPsycho 03-02-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 534315)
I'm getting sick of facebook and the constant attention whoring, validate me posts and selfies. Can we just all start hanging out again on the forum???

Only if I'm the center of attention, you all shower me with compliments, and we start a selfie subforum.

Porkchop 03-03-2015 10:07 AM

Wow, holy flash back. Been busy with my new career and just haven't been on in awhile. I left JP Morgan Chase in the summer because I was miserable, and sold my Monster to fund my jobless summer adventures (stupid move I know :bash:). Landed in the #1 Nationwide agency in the country as a P&C agent and love it. Looking to grab another bike in the next month or 2 as the white death thaws here in Ohio.

Papa_Complex 03-03-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 534319)
Only if I'm the center of attention, you all shower me with compliments, and we start a selfie subforum.

OK, here you go.

racedoll 03-03-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 534315)

I'm sorry you don't like my selfie posts with Liam. :shrug:

I'm tired of the shares - this page, that page, etc..

Rangerscott 03-04-2015 03:26 AM

Stop being a whore. LoL

Trip 03-05-2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 534319)

Get all the attention while you can before the whiney potato shows up and you don't matter any longer, lol.

Good luck, I am finally starting to get an interactive child, I was not a fan of the newborn stage.

Turbo Ghost 03-06-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534328)
Good luck, I am finally starting to get an interactive child, I was not a fan of the newborn stage.

Just wait until it's in the proactive teen stage! You'll long for the newborn stage!

Trip 03-06-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 534331)
Just wait until it's in the proactive teen stage! You'll long for the newborn stage!

I am dreading the dating stage

OneSickPsycho 03-06-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Get all the attention while you can before the whiney potato shows up and you don't matter any longer, lol.

Yeah, my old man says 'all babies suck until they're about a year old'... whiny potato lol...

Triple 03-06-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

I am finally starting to get an interactive child, I was not a fan of the newborn stage.

:werd:

Tsunami 03-08-2015 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 534322)
I'm sorry you don't like my selfie posts with Liam. :shrug:

I don't mind the occasional selfie, especially not the ones of you! Its the people that post every other day with their duck faces in their car or post about every menial thing in their lives. Really, I don't care what what you are eating everyday, what your daily hairstyle is, the daily weather updates and how cold it is, how bad your day is going, how sick you are, how fat you are and hate working out, what your daily workout is, etc. I don't mind each post as it or a person posting all of the above, but its always the same people posting the same things. I have started defriending people because I didn't want to see their constant negative shit on my news feed.

racedoll 03-09-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 534339)
I don't mind the occasional selfie, especially not the ones of you! Its the people that post every other day with their duck faces in their car or post about every menial thing in their lives. Really, I don't care what what you are eating everyday, what your daily hairstyle is, the daily weather updates and how cold it is, how bad your day is going, how sick you are, how fat you are and hate working out, what your daily workout is, etc. I don't mind each post as it or a person posting all of the above, but its always the same people posting the same things. I have started defriending people because I didn't want to see their constant negative shit on my news feed.

Agreed. I usually just remove from news feed so I don't see the crap.

Rangerscott 03-09-2015 08:18 PM

I got a cousin that carrys on converations with her husband.

Papa_Complex 03-10-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 534344)
I got a cousin that carrys on converations with her husband.

A husband and wife who communicate?! I call bullshit.

HurricaneHeather 03-28-2015 04:25 AM

So, there are people still around here!

I don't know when I last posted, but I moved to Australia last year....just bought a bike 2 weeks ago. Getting used to Sydney's insanely stupid roads and the insanely awesome roads that lie outside the city.

I joined a local forum and just have no idea how to talk to people on forums. Thought I'd come back here for old time sake. I might just come by more often.

Turbo Ghost 03-28-2015 03:55 PM

Congratulations on the move...uh....unless you're on the run, then congratulations on the escape! Looks like you're going to be a bit off on the time zones but, you might be just what some of the night owls around here need! I generally only get on here at work when I have a good run going that I can just sit back and watch.
How difficult has it been adjusting to the other side of the road? I'd be afraid to drive anywhere that's backwards to us. Too many ingrained reflexes that might do the wrong thing at the wrong time!

HurricaneHeather 03-28-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 534396)
Congratulations on the move...uh....unless you're on the run, then congratulations on the escape! Looks like you're going to be a bit off on the time zones but, you might be just what some of the night owls around here need! I generally only get on here at work when I have a good run going that I can just sit back and watch.
How difficult has it been adjusting to the other side of the road? I'd be afraid to drive anywhere that's backwards to us. Too many ingrained reflexes that might do the wrong thing at the wrong time!

HA! Thanks! Only thing I have escaped is tipping waitstaff....which is fantastic BTW ;)

I would say the "wrong side of the road factor" is far less of a big deal than I thought it'd be. I had practice in a few cars, and that is much more complicated because almost everything is reversed. The bike is exactly the same, so you just have to deal with side of road, not side of car (where is the damn blinker, shifter is on the left, not the right, etc).

Every now and then I do have muscle memory tell me "YOU'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE FUCKING ROAD!" but it only lasts a second and I get a hold of myself and make sure I am on the correct side. :dthumb:

Turbo Ghost 03-29-2015 01:45 PM

I think if I ever visit I'll just get a chauffeur!

racedoll 03-29-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 534393)
So, there are people still around here!

I don't know when I last posted, but I moved to Australia last year....just bought a bike 2 weeks ago. Getting used to Sydney's insanely stupid roads and the insanely awesome roads that lie outside the city.

I joined a local forum and just have no idea how to talk to people on forums. Thought I'd come back here for old time sake. I might just come by more often.

Have you gotten to meet up with our Aussie friend, Lizzy?

HurricaneHeather 03-30-2015 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 534403)
Have you gotten to meet up with our Aussie friend, Lizzy?

Lisa, Michelle (mitchR6, I think) and Marci (cruzergirl). :D

Turbo Ghost 03-30-2015 06:18 AM

I call BS! That pic is right side up! Probably photoshopped!

Porkchop 03-30-2015 10:20 AM

That's so cool! I've always wanted to go spend some time there. I have a friend from London that moved to Australia for like a year. I hear its hard for non-nationals to find work there. Is that true?

Papa_Complex 03-30-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost (Post 534406)
I call BS! That pic is right side up! Probably photoshopped!

Pros remember to hold their cameras upside-down ;)

Turbo Ghost 03-31-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa_complex (Post 534408)
pros remember to hold their cameras upside-down ;)

doh!

Tsunami 03-31-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 534393)

Since when do you have trouble talking to people??

Turbo Ghost 03-31-2015 01:53 PM

Try asking what the best oil is. That's usually a good conversation starter! :D

racedoll 03-31-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 534405)
Lisa, Michelle (mitchR6, I think) and Marci (cruzergirl). :D

That is awesome! :dthumb:
Are you there permanently or just a temporary assignment?

MikeSP1 04-01-2015 05:55 AM

I moved to Korea. Sold the 929 and the other 3 are in storage.

RedRider2k2 04-15-2015 08:53 PM

"You last visited: 12-22-2014"

Whoops.

I'll have to agree that Social Media is killing forums. I don't understand why either. Things like Facebook just don't work for stuff like this.

One of the few new things that will be happening is a possible trip to Deals Gap in May. Unfortunately, It'll probably be in a Rental Car.
I'll be in Chattanooga for work so I figured this might be a rare opportunity to at least go and see the area.

Papa_Complex 04-16-2015 10:37 AM

Yeah, Facebook and twitter are more about making statements and moving on, or "You won't believe what happens next!!!" posts, than they are about having conversations. Then again these days people don't seem to be able to concentrate long enough to carry on a conversation anyway ;)

Rangerscott 04-16-2015 12:34 PM

Louisiana roads suck ass. If you dont want to destroy your tires or suspension, stay away.

Trip 04-16-2015 07:24 PM

Red, I live in Chattanooga. Give me a shout if you want to hang out. Dont have a spare bike right now or I would offer it for a gap trip. I will pm you my cell phone and email. Don't text me though, I have it blocked.

We do have bike rental companies in the area for sport bikes and dual sport.

RedRider2k2 04-16-2015 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534449)
Red, I live in Chattanooga. Give me a shout if you want to hang out. Dont have a spare bike right now or I would offer it for a gap trip. I will pm you my cell phone and email. Don't text me though, I have it blocked.

Thanks trip. I just replied but forgot to ask, do you know the names of any of the rental places? My girlfriend will be with me and I mentioned this idea to her. She started checking out info/videos of the gap and all the trucks and shit crossing the yellow line has her a little spooked about doing it on a bike :lol:

Trip 04-16-2015 09:12 PM

Trucks over 30' are now banned on the gap.

http://www.sportbikes4hire.com

Owner is Greg, he may or may not remember me. I don't go up there nearly as much as I use to since I moved to Chatty. He is located right near the gap.

http://gsmmotorent.com

Dan is the owner here, he does dual sports. He is in Townsend and you can ride the bike into Cades cove and take the one way primitive road that is the only road that connects directly onto the gap. It's an amazing ride.

Turbo Ghost 04-17-2015 06:44 AM

Dan is a good guy! He's pretty much got everything you could want as far as dual-sports go. Super Tenere', Triumph tiger, KLR650, etc.

The tourist rush may not have gotten into full swing yet so, it might not be too bad getting to Parson's Branch Rd. but, if the damn gawkers are out in force, it's a nightmare! God forbid a bear come into view! You'll never make it through for all the cameras then!

Rangerscott 04-17-2015 07:19 PM

Florida and back. Rained the whole darn time but I got to see the beach.

marko138 04-20-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 534449)

You have texting blocked?

Is there a way to block phone calls entirely? Cuz I'd like to do that.

OneSickPsycho 04-20-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 534464)

http://mr-number-call-block.soft112.com/

Trip 04-20-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 534464)

Yep, I still have grandfathered unlimited data. It's $10 more a month for unlimited texting and I have the cheapest voice plan possible. Since email/google hangouts/imessage is free and pretty much everyone who cares about texting has smart phones now, fuck texting.

Instead of paying per text, I just told Verizon to block all texting.

If you don't want cell service, just ask for a data package.

N2O Junkie 01-06-2016 12:17 PM

My thread from a year ago is still on the first page, no bueno!

RedRider2k2 10-11-2016 10:52 AM

Figured I would stop in again.

Blew my ZX12 engine into a million little pieces on September 5th
Bought an 06 ZX10 on September 30th
Still trying to sell off what's left of the 12...
Good times.

Turbo Ghost 10-16-2016 10:03 AM

Still here!

Papa_Complex 10-20-2016 07:19 AM

Pity, t'was a good place.

MikeSP1 11-07-2016 03:00 PM

I'm still about...

fatbuckRTO 11-09-2016 10:08 AM

If you need to reach me, I'll be in my back yard building a bunker.

Papa_Complex 11-09-2016 02:13 PM

I've been thinking of renting out tents, up here north of the border.

Turbo Ghost 02-13-2017 02:26 PM

Just keeping the site alive! :boobs:

Trip 02-17-2017 12:24 PM

Wokka wokka wokka

Phenix_Rider 03-23-2017 05:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

Phenix_Rider 03-23-2017 05:49 PM

Still alive and still riding, albeit a lot more gray and soggy.

Turbo Ghost 03-24-2017 04:06 AM

Same her minus the soggy part!

tallywacker 03-14-2018 09:33 PM

Ain't dead yet

RedRider2k2 11-04-2018 02:28 AM

Lets do this again...
Sold the wife's 09 250R and replaced it with an 18 400 Ninja back in March.
Dropped an intake Valve in the ZX10 back in July and lost 3 weeks of the season rebuilding it.
Anyone remember forums? They were fun...

EpyonXero 11-13-2018 11:00 PM

I moved from FL to CA, sold the VFR and bought a KTM 1190 Adventure. Much better riding out here on he West coast

Turbo Ghost 11-15-2018 01:12 PM

Haven't ridden much at all this year. Hoping to head to Ohio this Saturday to trade bikes but, no guarantees at this point.

Papa_Complex 11-16-2018 03:59 PM

I've actually started taking real vacations again, after 20 yeas. Two trips to Seattle, to visit film-making friends. Two times on friends' podcast. Ended up in the town where Twin Peaks was shot without knowing it. Was suffering from a strange case of deja vu.

Turbo Ghost 11-17-2018 12:04 AM

If all goes well, in 2020 I'll be back in Hollywood to visit my film-making friends and this time I won't have to spend any time at premiers and festivals. I'll be able to focus on hanging with them. Of course, with my luck they'll be at festivals this time! We do DragonCon every year but, other than that haven't really traveled much. 2020 is when a friend and I plan on finishing our 2014 Route 66 trip.