Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Need some opinions... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=754)

byron12 04-09-2008 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upshift (Post 29674)
750 may be a little too much for me. Plus ur like 2000 miles away :lol:

Dude don't be a pussy I've got a truck lets go get it wheter are not you survive is not dependent on the size of the bike besides you have dirt bike experience and its damn near twenty years old. And you won't have to go into debt which is definitly a bad idea for a first motorcycle. And we also have been following Markos incredible upkeep for years and you Have Otb to vouch for it too because he has seen it in person. I am hearby doing the unthinkable and encouraging a teenager that I don't even know to buy a gsx-r 750 but one must examine each situation differently and that is my humble opinion on this matter. Also move out of moms house so you can do what you want. I will drive you to PA though to buy it if you want say the word dude I am all about it; I'm a flaky motherfucker though so give me a months notice so I can ask off work and explain to my wife.

t-homo 04-09-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 28689)
I know of a beautiful 1992 GSXR 750 that can be had for cheap.

I am hoping to get a 97 750 for my bike and 6-800 cash. My bike is only worth 1800 or so but am going to tell the guy mine is worth more. He traded my neighbor something for it and is deathly afraid of it now. So he is down for trading me for a smaller bike. And he's like 45-50.

Quick281 04-09-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 29832)
I am hoping to get a 97 750 for my bike and 6-800 cash. My bike is only worth 1800 or so but am going to tell the guy mine is worth more. He traded my neighbor something for it and is deathly afraid of it now. So he is down for trading me for a smaller bike. And he's like 45-50.

Sometimes opportunity knocks.

I got my 06 600 for 4000$ with 3k miles with some minor fairing damage, and a free jacket with minor matching damage on the arm. Seller even gave me most of the new oem parts to fix the bike. The kid that owned it laid it down in a gas station parking lot and then got scared of it.

If this deal hadn't popped up, I doubt I would have gotten into bikes in the next 3 years with me moving into a heavy traffic city with 0 space to practice.

t-homo 04-09-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick281 (Post 29837)
Sometimes opportunity knocks.

I got my 06 600 for 4000$ with 3k miles with some minor fairing damage, and a free jacket with minor matching damage on the arm. Seller even gave me most of the new oem parts to fix the bike. The kid that owned it laid it down in a gas station parking lot and then got scared of it.

If this deal hadn't popped up, I doubt I would have gotten into bikes in the next 3 years with me moving into a heavy traffic city with 0 space to practice.

Damn man, that is an awesome score. Congrats.

marko138 04-09-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upshift (Post 29674)
750 may be a little too much for me. Plus ur like 2000 miles away :lol:

Don't be crazy. Plus Byron's got your back. And PA isn't not 2000 miles from GA. Probly 1200. :lol:

upshift 04-09-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byron12 (Post 29831)
Dude don't be a pussy I've got a truck lets go get it wheter are not you survive is not dependent on the size of the bike besides you have dirt bike experience and its damn near twenty years old. And you won't have to go into debt which is definitly a bad idea for a first motorcycle. And we also have been following Markos incredible upkeep for years and you Have Otb to vouch for it too because he has seen it in person. I am hearby doing the unthinkable and encouraging a teenager that I don't even know to buy a gsx-r 750 but one must examine each situation differently and that is my humble opinion on this matter. Also move out of moms house so you can do what you want. I will drive you to PA though to buy it if you want say the word dude I am all about it; I'm a flaky motherfucker though so give me a months notice so I can ask off work and explain to my wife.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 29884)
Don't be crazy. Plus Byron's got your back. And PA isn't not 2000 miles from GA. Probly 1200. :lol:

Only 1200?!?! In that case i may have to make an exception :lol: j/k Thanks for the offer byron but Im looking for something a little closer. I dont even know how much u want for it marko :lol: