Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   More Texas lulz (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22317)

Rangerscott 06-11-2013 09:31 PM

Correct. It's called choice. People that join the military havent shot at people but they seem to get the hang of it when that time comes.

goof2 06-11-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 530001)
lol, so a regular citizen with no training, no authority, and possible emotional or racist motives is now the judge, jury & executioner

Oh well........I bet most people who praise this law only praise it in principle, and wouldn't have the stomach to actually carry it out if they had the chance, lolz

I trust them about as much as a cop without enough training, way too much authority, possible emotional or racist motives, and the potential some power trip drove them to the job in the first place.

You are probably right about the people praising it, but as Rangerscott said it is called choice. I trust my ability to make that choice for myself based on what I know of myself compared to whatever arbitrary decision the government enforces on everyone "for our own good".

Homeslice 06-12-2013 10:16 AM

Choice to use deadly force against a deadly threat -----> Fine.

Choice to use deadly force to stop someone from running away with your stuff ------> Not fine IMO, since the cops themselves don't have that choice, unless Texas police code permits it, which I doubt unless maybe the burglar was armed and therefore presented a threat to the public.

Don't most people have home/renter's insurance anyway? What's worse, having to spend your $500 deductible, or having to spend thousands defending yourself in some kind of wrongful death lawsuit?

EpyonXero 06-12-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 529988)
Just cuz you hold a thiefs life in high regard didn't mean i have too.

This is what it comes down to and why some people see this as approrpiate and others wonder how this can be legal in America. Its interesting to see how big a gap there is even within one country.

Rangerscott 06-12-2013 02:31 PM

Its called pussification of america. There used to be a time when theives were actually punished and the "people" got to help with that.

Why stop when youll just get sent to jail for a couple months for petty crimes or not even that. Theres countries that cut off hands and then there is us, wrist slappers.

I AM THE LAW!

azoomm 06-12-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 530027)
Choice to use deadly force against a deadly threat -----> Fine.

Choice to use deadly force to stop someone from running away with your stuff ------> Not fine IMO, since the cops themselves don't have that choice, unless Texas police code permits it, which I doubt unless maybe the burglar was armed and therefore presented a threat to the public.

Don't most people have home/renter's insurance anyway? What's worse, having to spend your $500 deductible, or having to spend thousands defending yourself in some kind of wrongful death lawsuit?

You don't have Felony Running there? Austin police shoot all the time and simply claim they were running and therefore suspicious.

Amorok 06-16-2013 08:31 PM

Where I live I am 911.