Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   MotoGP (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Anybody watching this year? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22263)

shmike 05-09-2013 11:02 AM

Anybody watching this year?

I haven't caught up on the WSBK or WSS races yet but this is shaping up to be one of the best MotoGP seasons in recent memory!

I've seen no mention of any racing on here. Is anyone but Dave watching it?

fasternyou929 05-09-2013 11:19 AM

3 races, 3 winners, and a newly formed Spanish rivalry. Been watching and eagerly looking forward to the races each week!

I'm curious to see if Marquez' aggressive style bites him in the ass soon. Lorenzo started the same way in GP a few years ago - coming on SUPER strong and aggressive until high-sided himself half way to to the moon. After that he slowly built his speed back up in a more methodical/controlled manner.

This is the first year I've had some empathy for Dani, too. I've never been much of a fan, but he was riding with incredible confidence at the close of the 2012 season. Then he was upstaged in ATX and Marquez garnered all the media attention from that race, and now he won Jerez and all anybody wants to talk about is the Marquez/Lorenzo pass.

shmike 05-09-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 529014)
3 races, 3 winners, and a newly formed Spanish rivalry. Been watching and eagerly looking forward to the races each week!

I'm curious to see if Marquez' aggressive style bites him in the ass soon. Lorenzo started the same way in GP a few years ago - coming on SUPER strong and aggressive until high-sided himself half way to to the moon. After that he slowly built his speed back up in a more methodical/controlled manner.

This is the first year I've had some empathy for Dani, too. I've never been much of a fan, but he was riding with incredible confidence at the close of the 2012 season. Then he was upstaged in ATX and Marquez garnered all the media attention from that race, and now he won Jerez and all anybody wants to talk about is the Marquez/Lorenzo pass.

Dani deserved the title last year. I can't help but root for the guy.

I loved the pass and watching Marquez try to avoid ass-packing Lorenzo at each corner.

If this trend keeps up, I'm going to have to buy a Repsol! :lol:

Porkchop 05-09-2013 01:05 PM

I've been following Marquez very closely since he started in 125. It has been interesting to see his progression. Definitely something special...

fasternyou929 05-09-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 529023)
Dani deserved the title last year. I can't help but root for the guy.

I loved the pass and watching Marquez try to avoid ass-packing Lorenzo at each corner.

If this trend keeps up, I'm going to have to buy a Repsol! :lol:

It's about time you saw the light!

I remember reading a Spies interview where he said when he laid his telemetry data over Lorenzo's, Lorenzo was on the brakes WAY earlier than Spies, but he carries good corner/exit speed. Maybe Marquez missed that interview. :lol:

Counting the days until LeMans!

defector 05-09-2013 05:21 PM

Crutchlow seems to be getting closer to the front as well. Not quite there to battle consistently yet, but maybe soon.
Bradl makes for good 2nd pack battles, as it appears he is very difficult to get around.