Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Stunting (secret supermoto forum) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Did some offroading with my bike yesterday.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=734)

Amber Lamps 03-23-2008 09:38 PM

Did some offroading with my bike yesterday..

Yea,my dumb ass decided to get froggy and do a high speed wheelie on a windy day. Yep,bad idea...

NONE_too_SOFT 03-23-2008 09:39 PM

so is your bike in pieces? or did you just get a little off course?

OneSickPsycho 03-23-2008 09:45 PM

:nopicsbs:

Trip 03-23-2008 09:51 PM

You ok? Damage?

Amber Lamps 03-23-2008 10:08 PM

Well,I went up at 70mph and shifted into 3rd to about 120mph and held it. Fucking gust of wind knocked me sideways,so I ended up bringing it down on the right side of the tire. Instant tank slapper! I couldn't get control before the road curved and ended up going off road and into a ditch for about 1/4 mile. I managed to get control of the bike and get it out of the ditch and back onto the road. Btw when I re-entered the road I was doing 74 mph(I looked). Heck,the scariest part of the whole ordeal was I almost forgot to pump my brake lever before the stop sign where the road crosses the highway.

One of the things that I try to convey to guys who ask me for riding advice has always been. Don't panic. I've seen too many crashes in my life and I bet 75% could have been avoided if the rider hadn't paniced. If I had even thought about slamming on the brakes during this situation,I would have crashed.Period. If I would have abruptly cut the throttle at anytime I would have crashed.Period. The other thing I usually tell guys,is for them to consider the place and conditions and to ride accordingly. That's the rule I failed to follow yesterday. I'll endeavor to follow my own advice from now on...

marko138 03-23-2008 10:09 PM

So you didn't go down at all? Thats impressive.

Trip 03-23-2008 10:12 PM

Nice save, yeah it's hard to get people to not let off the throttle and not brake in panic situations.

Mr Lefty 03-23-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 22019)
Nice save, yeah it's hard to get people to not let off the throttle and not brake in panic situations.

see I know not to brake... but trying not to roll off would be hard for me... it's my first instinct.

OneSickPsycho 03-23-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 22016)
Well,I went up at 70mph and shifted into 3rd to about 120mph and held it. Fucking gust of wind knocked me sideways,so I ended up bringing it down on the right side of the tire. Instant tank slapper! I couldn't get control before the road curved and ended up going off road and into a ditch for about 1/4 mile. I managed to get control of the bike and get it out of the ditch and back onto the road. Btw when I re-entered the road I was doing 74 mph(I looked). Heck,the scariest part of the whole ordeal was I almost forgot to pump my brake lever before the stop sign where the road crosses the highway.

One of the things that I try to convey to guys who ask me for riding advice has always been. Don't panic. I've seen too many crashes in my life and I bet 75% could have been avoided if the rider hadn't paniced. If I had even thought about slamming on the brakes during this situation,I would have crashed.Period. If I would have abruptly cut the throttle at anytime I would have crashed.Period. The other thing I usually tell guys,is for them to consider the place and conditions and to ride accordingly. That's the rule I failed to follow yesterday. I'll endeavor to follow my own advice from now on...

I got one... how about, "don't ride like me"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 22023)
see I know not to brake... but trying not to roll off would be hard for me... it's my first instinct.

Rolling off is one thing... cutting is another...

Mr Lefty 03-23-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 22026)
Rolling off is one thing... cutting is another...

yeah I roll off... I don't ever cutt my throttle quickly... even when breaking.. it's a slow roll off... a blip and a down shift...

well I shouldn't say never... I've cut it completely twice in panic stops... almost killed the motor in the process