Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My summer project.... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13887)

derf 03-23-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTB (Post 352352)
If any of you are interested and get out this way (Baltimore, Maryland) this summer, I'm going to invite you to help me; by riding it, racing or tracking it, and writing about your impressions and experiences with the bike.

Moving to MD this summer, Ft meade to be exact. I will be taking you up on this offer

Porkchop 03-23-2010 11:15 PM

I think a blog would be best... and then you can just let us know everytime you update.

OTB 03-24-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 352644)
Moving to MD this summer, Ft meade to be exact. I will be taking you up on this offer

You'll be about 5 mins from my warehouse.............I WILL show you some gnarley roads.............

OTB 03-24-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 352657)
I think a blog would be best... and then you can just let us know everytime you update.

Blog hosts and blogware...I have 0 experience...any bloggers here?????

marko138 03-24-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTB (Post 352636)
I think the first thing is I'm gonna baseline it; ensure that it's set up correctly. Chances are that a dealership going bust may not have insured that all things were as they should be; shortcuts may have been taken.

I think I'll see if I can find a shop manual, drain and refill all fluids to spec, change to fresh oil, check valves and torque settings all 'round, ect.
I think I'll do the "heat cycle" type of quick break-in and check static and leak-down pressures, and then switch to high-quality synthetic right after ring bed-in.

Any suggestions on what type of venue to keep this going??
Twitter, blog, or just do weekly updates here????

Do we have a name for this grand experiment, yet???

Twitter and blog and update here. Definitely twitter.

derf 03-24-2010 08:10 AM

I just want to see how long it lasts until it implodes itself.

Porkchop 03-24-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 352728)
I just want to see how long it lasts until it implodes itself.

I've heard there have been very few cases of engine problems. Its the dealer/parts network that is iffy.

derf 03-25-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 353112)
I've heard there have been very few cases of engine problems. Its the dealer/parts network that is iffy.

iIhave heard of more than a few folks who have had them die with less than 2k miles on them. And when I say die I mean throw a rod during factory recomended break in or sieze because it ran out of oil on its 1000th mile or because it stopped working and nobody can fue out why.

The build quality just isnt there. It might be a great bike company one day just not today. In the mean time it is a cheap sv650 knock off with crappy fsctory support.

OTB 03-25-2010 12:18 AM

Guess we're gonna find out, eh?

BobTheBiker 03-25-2010 03:10 AM

If I come up there for a short vacation can I play with it a little?