Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does your bike say about your personality? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14003)

Yaz 03-30-2010 01:47 PM

What does your bike say about your personality?

Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

So, if you're up for it, here are a few basic things I'd need:

1. Your age, location and profession.
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
5. Your first bike and how you got it.
6. Your ideal bike.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
8. What does a bike say about its owner?

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

You can reply via e-mail, if you'd prefer: yasiejko at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

Mrs. Colleen 03-30-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 355195)
men's magazine

Count me out I guess. :lol:

azoomm 03-30-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355198)
Count me out I guess. :lol:

Me too, but Welcome!

EpyonXero 03-30-2010 01:54 PM

What does a car share have to do with anything?

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 01:54 PM

"Crotch rockets" - count me out too. :rolleyes:

Oh ya...and that whole being female thing too.

Welcome I guess. :idk:

smileyman 03-30-2010 01:57 PM

My bikes don't say anything, they can't talk, but if they did they would tell me that reading men's magazines is ghey and to go riding instead...

Yaz 03-30-2010 01:58 PM

Whoops -- forget the car share thing. That crept in there from a previous e-mail.

By the way, I'm not counting out women. I just wanted to be clear that this is for a men's magazine. (www.magazineblu.com) Anyone with thoughts about this is welcome to add to the conversation.

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

Rider 03-30-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 355206)
What does a car share have to do with anything?

I don't even know what a "car share" is.

Rider 03-30-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

6. Your ideal bike.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

I have a suggestion. Why don't you stick around for a while, get to know everyone and make your assessment from that. And welcome to TWF.

Yaz 03-30-2010 02:03 PM

Rider: I'd love to, but I just learned of this place and am nearing my deadline. I've spoken with people around the country who ride all sorts of bikes, but it always helps to talk with more people. Members of twowheelfix seem like they'd be perfect for some context and honest thoughts.

smileyman 03-30-2010 02:33 PM

Actually were all full o shit! There is one thing you cannot do with bikers and that is label them or perpetrate a stereotype. I have seen old retired guys rocking Hayabusas, chicks on middleweights, moms on full dress harley's. What it says about us is not who we are but what we aspire to, what speaks to us as riders and individuals.

t-homo 03-30-2010 02:36 PM

Heaven forbid you guys actually help this guy out with something he is working on. I'll shoot ya a PM later today with my response.

shmike 03-30-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 355243)
Heaven forbid you guys actually help this guy out with something he is working on. I'll shoot ya a PM later today with my response.

Word.

Me too.

pauldun170 03-30-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

6. Your ideal bike.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

1. Your age, location and profession: 37, NY
Car sharing is fine for urban and higher density urban areas but impracticle for most.
I have two bikes - One looks like a 90's bike, the other a modern bike. One is too damn loud because I bought it with an aftermarket exhaust. The other is nice in quiet with the stock exhaust. The quieter the better.
I'm not going to answer your question because its a faggy question thats typical of what non riders who see cruisers say are important points on a motorcycle.

83 CB750 - friend of a friend was selling it so I bought it for $900.

6. Your ideal bike.
Stupid question. My ideal bike is a bike that does what I want it to do depending on my mood.

Yes and yes. I'm a normal adult who happens to ride sportbikes. I have no tatoos, I have a family and career.
Thats unless you meant the question as how do non riders percieve MC riders to be. Then no and no.
Nothing other than the owner likes to ride motorcycles.

Now that I've answered your question I 'm going to suggest that you be banned based on the following:

Quote:

what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

FYI: You are failing at marketing.

Rider 03-30-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 355252)
1. Your age, location and profession: 37, NY
Car sharing is fine for urban and higher density urban areas but impracticle for most.
I have two bikes - One looks like a 90's bike, the other a modern bike. One is too damn loud because I bought it with an aftermarket exhaust. The other is nice in quiet with the stock exhaust. The quieter the better.
I'm not going to answer your question because its a faggy question thats typical of what non riders who see cruisers say are important points on a motorcycle.

83 CB750 - friend of a friend was selling it so I bought it for $900.

6. Your ideal bike.
Stupid question. My ideal bike is a bike that does what I want it to do depending on my mood.

Yes and yes. I'm a normal adult who happens to ride sportbikes. I have no tatoos, I have a family and career.
Thats unless you meant the question as how do non riders percieve MC riders to be. Then no and no.
Nothing other than the owner likes to ride motorcycles.

Now that I've answered your question I 'm going to suggest that you be banned based on the following:

FYI: You are failing at marketing.

At least he didn't say crotch scooter. :lol

t-homo 03-30-2010 02:52 PM

A lot more non-riders know what a crotch rocket is than what a sport bike is.

Yaz 03-30-2010 02:54 PM

Thanks to those who shoot me an e-mail. And smileyman, I know exactly what you mean. These aren't meant to suggest all owners of specific types of bikes fit a particular mold. It's just a way to get some people interested in bikes who otherwise might not care, you know?

pauldun170 03-30-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 355259)

Gee...I wonder why?

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 355259)

A stupid name only perpetuated by people using it. :rolleyes:

He's writing a magazine article on bikes....he should at least use proper names. :td:

azoomm 03-30-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 355263)
A stupid name only perpetuated by people using it. :rolleyes:

He's writing a magazine article on bikes....he should at least use proper names. :td:

I agree, however calling him stupid over it is much the same.

Sir, please call them Sportbikes. To call them otherwise is offensive to those of use that own them. And, for the love of all that's holy - anything "rice" related makes any article you write lose much of the credibility I'm sure you'd like your magazine to have. My motorcycles are Italian, and referred to as "rice" by the ignorant because they are Sportbikes.

I'll send you a PM.

marko138 03-30-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 355275)

Sir, please call them Sportbikes. To call them otherwise is offensive to those of use that own them. And, for the love of all that's holy - anything "rice" related makes any article you write lose much of the credibility I'm sure you'd like your magazine to have. My motorcycles are Italian, and referred to as "rice" by the ignorant because they are Sportbikes.

I'll send you a PM.

Yes, and mine is made in East Troy, Wisconsin. Hardly any rice coming out of Wisconsin.

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 355275)

I didn't call him stupid. I called the name stupid. The name is perpetuated by people using it. That does not imply that I am calling the people using the name stupid. :wink:

marko138 03-30-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 355279)
I didn't call him stupid. I called the name stupid. The name is perpetuated by people using it. That does not imply that I am calling the people using the name stupid. :wink:

What does it imply than, eye winker?

azoomm 03-30-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 355279)

Scroll up from your previous comment... not YOU, but plenty of others.

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 355281)
What does it imply than, eye winker?

That it's a stupid name!!!

pauldun170 03-30-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 355282)
Scroll up from your previous comment... not YOU, but plenty of others.

You fail at reading.
Nobody called him stupid.

He had some stupid questions and used a stupid term but nobody called him stupid.

Didn't we have this conversation before?
Your stupid post sounds familiar.

azoomm 03-30-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 355288)
You fail at reading.
Nobody called him stupid.

He had some stupid questions and used a stupid term but nobody called him stupid.

Didn't we have this conversation before?
Your stupid post sounds familiar.

Now you're just being stupid... :nee:

Hey, what do I care, it's just the industry. *shrug* We all seem to have his ear, why not inform rather than point a finger?

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 03:36 PM

Oh I'm pointing!!!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...intafinger.jpg

pauldun170 03-30-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 355296)
Now you're just being stupid... :nee:

Hey, what do I care, it's just the industry. *shrug* We all seem to have his ear, why not inform rather than point a finger?

Once again....fail at reading.
I was the FIRST one to answer the questions.
Don't you go preaching to me "missy"

AquaPython 03-30-2010 03:52 PM

isn't Yaz that birth control that caused strokes ?

Dave 03-30-2010 03:55 PM

i told him to come here, i also told his fiancee he was gonna get some dickhead answers :lol: some of you guys do a lot of bitching about non-riders perceptions of us. Well, heres an oportunity to maybe change some folk's minds. chris: i'll shoot you a pm later with my info

shmike 03-30-2010 04:01 PM

31, South Florida, Professional

Car share doesn't work in Florida.

Main bike is a Triumph 675. It looks sexy, sounds subtle and feels like it fits.

My first bike was a trike. Honda ATC 110. Dad bought it at a garage sale and fixed it up.

6. Your ideal bike.
No such thing. One of each please.

I'm not sure what category my bike(s) fall into.

Mine say: "He abuses me."

pauldun170 03-30-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 355319)
i told him to come here, i also told his fiancee he was gonna get some dickhead answers :lol: some of you guys do a lot of bitching about non-riders perceptions of us. Well, heres an oportunity to maybe change some folk's minds. chris: i'll shoot you a pm later with my info

It was you who brought marketing here.
It was you!!@!:gofurslf:
:td:

I hate marketing dept

Mrs. Colleen 03-30-2010 04:04 PM

I am a 24 year old female preschool teacher from the central coast of California. My current (and first bike) is a 92 Yamaha FZR 600...a sportbike. I ended up with this bike because it was what my husband got me for my birthday. It is my current ideal bike.

Do I fit the "sportbike personality"...not really. :lol:

smileyman 03-30-2010 04:05 PM

OK Yaz FWIW, I am a 40 yr old Banker from NW AR that has 2 bikes, a Buell 1125R and an 05 Kawasaki ZX6R. I have owned 10 bikes starting with a 1996 Yamaha YZF600 I bought new at the dealer. My perfect bike depends on the kind of riding I am doing and would prefer to have one of each. I would not fit the stereo type of a sportbike rider and I believe bikes become expressions of their rider by how they are maintained and customized. The type of bike is just the tip of the iceberg as some riders own more than one type of bike.

Cutty72 03-30-2010 04:21 PM

1. 28, Kosovo/ND, Military
3. Have you ever been to ND, there are 8 of us there, we all have our own vehicles :lol:
4. Buell (RIP) 1125R. Looks odd, sounds angry, and feels phenomenal.
5. SV650S, I bought it.
6. A garage full
7. Um, idk, maybe? Some call me an asshole...
8. Vroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 355278)
Yes, and mine is made in East Troy, Wisconsin. Hardly any rice coming out of Wisconsin.

True story.

Switch 03-30-2010 08:22 PM

1. 24; Knoxville, TN; Systems Engineer
3. What the fuck is a car share, and what happened to number 2?
4. 2008 Yamaha FZ1
5. 2006 Suzuki SV650S; I bought it from the dealer, something I'll never do again.
6. I have many. I love what I've got for what I use it for. I have a dirtbike that works great for what I do with it. I would like to have a supermoto...
7. I don't know how to answer this one. I learned how to ride on the infamous "Dragon" (aka US129S). After scraping the pegs off my Suzuki, and wrecking too many times to count, I upgraded. Still, it wasn't good enough, so I bought a track prepped bike, a 2003 Honda CBR600RR. I must have been to the track 10 times, I got my racing license from Ed Bargy, and then it hit me. I'm too old. It's too expensive. Sure, it's fun as hell, but I wanted to race to win, to do something with it, and that wasn't gonna happen. So I buy a dirtbike, and it's great, I still love it. Then I got a house, got engaged, and now my woman wants to ride. So, I sell my race bike and use the cash for my current bike. Now we ride together all the time and I enjoy the time together. Next I'll be buying luggage so we can make weekend trips.
8. I can't answer that question. For most people, stereotypes are true. Harley riders typically have no idea how to really pilot a motorcycle, nor do your common GSXR rider with the polished frame. Then again, your typical FZ rider is a middle aged man who can't ride on the same level as I do either. I suppose you could say that I'm just a special breed...

Particle Man 03-30-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 355254)
At least he didn't say crotch scooter. :lol

"Crotch Scooter" :lmao: :lmao:

Sounds like a girl I knew in college....

1. Your age, location and profession. - 32, Central NY, Insurance Consultant
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes. - :??:
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels. - 2003 SV650S (the Copper One). It is nekkid enough to show all the good bits but faired enough to stop a decent amount of wind. It feels like small v-twin with power in a usable speed range.
5. Your first bike and how you got it. - An old Honda Shadow - it was a hand-me-down.
6. Your ideal bike. - I don't have just one. I want a dual sport like a V-Strom or a BMW GS but I like the look and feel of the SV
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories? - The SV isn't too popular 'round these parts (the locals are more of the "If it ain't a liter bike, it isn't a motorcycle" crowd) so I don't really know what category I fit into.
8. What does a bike say about its owner? - I'd say that depends on their riding style. I prefer not to judge someone just by the bike they ride.

njchopper87 03-30-2010 11:02 PM

1. Your age, location and profession. 23, SC, Student (studying Computer Science next semester).
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes. This refer to carpooling? No need for that here.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels. '01 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. Black paint, shiny chrome (well.. a lot of its plastic, so shiny plastic). It's not very loud, and with a slight mod it has a nice rumble for stock pipes. Last question is tough.. feels comfortable, I guess. It has nice pick up and is maneuverable.
5. Your first bike and how you got it. My current bike is my first. My dad saw the ad in a newspaper, and I bought it from some dude switching hobbies to boating.
6. Your ideal bike. At first I thought it was just a cruiser, but now I want them all.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Hardly.
Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories? Nope.
8. What does a bike say about its owner? I like to ride. Aside from that you might be able to determine how well they take care of their stuff. I can't say much more because everyone mix/matches riding styles with different bikes.

Rider 03-31-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 355408)
"Crotch Scooter" :lmao: :lmao:

Sounds like a girl I knew in college....

Inside joke for the old TWF homies.

Rider 03-31-2010 08:48 AM

1. 39, Grand Rapids, MI Lead Avionics Systems Engineer
3. No idea WTF a car share is.
4. Yamaha V-Star Silverado. I haven't ridden it yet. I'm not much of a cruiser guy but it was free so whats a motherfucker to do?
5. 1982 CR250 "The Egg Beater" as we called it. Paid cash for it.
6. There isn't just one ideal bike. I need a dirt bike, a track bike, and a daily driver.
7. No I don't fit any biker mold. Most people I know don't fit a stereotypical mold either.
8. A bike can't talk but if it could say vroom, vroom, vroooooooooom.

racedoll 03-31-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Noobie here.

:welcome:

33, Ohio, Administrative Assistant
Where is #2?

What is a car share?
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR (yes, two "R's" - it is the difference between 600cc and 636cc - mine being the 600cc)
Looks green - only color available
Sounds ok, would like it to be louder and sound like "pure sex"
Feels like it fits me, that is was made for me and my riding style
2000 Kawasaki EX250
Found it in cycle trader up in NY (no pictures), drove up one weekend with a check, bike worked for me so I gave the girl money and took my "new" bike home.
6. Your ideal bike.
My current bike, but I don't really know any others to compare it to. I just know that when I was looking for a 600cc that this was the bike for me.
I suppose not since most people are surprised when they find out I ride a motorcycle, let alone a sportbike. There aren't too many females around this area that ride - most that do have Harley's.
Some do and some don't. I work with a number of people that I would never imagine on a bike, let alone the actual bike they own. Then there are others that fit the bill exactly.
I think it is hard to say.

OneSickPsycho 04-01-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

29, Orlando FL, Process Manager

I don't know what a car share is.

Suzuki TL1000R, big, yellow, loud, rumbly

First first bike... lil Yamaha Zinger when I was four... got it for Christmas. First street bike... Kawasaki Ninja 500R... went to the dealership with my dad to look at bikes, talked to a friend of the family who was the sales manager there, decided not to just look, but to buy the fuckin thing.
6. Your ideal bike.

V-twin streetfighter... black, loud, ugly... and looks like it doesn't have enough parts to work.

In some ways, yes.... I am certainly a risk taker that requires somewhat of an adreneline fix... relatively addictive personality. Some people fit the bike, others do not.

Depends... some bikes say, "I'm a complete fucking toolbox", others say "I'd rather be riding (rather than washing - Drewpy)", and a lot say, "I have a very small penis"... that's what mine says.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

:boobs:

HokieDNA01 04-01-2010 12:14 PM

31 year old female, Nashville TN, Scientist/Sales

I don't know what a car share is. I work from home so probably wouldn't apply

2007 Suzuki GSXr 750, Looks like sex, sounds like sex, feels like....well...great sex

I also own a 2000 Yamaha XT225 dual-sport, Looks like crap, sounds like crap, and feels like dirty sex.......Dirty rough cheap sex where you wake up bruised, broken and covered in gunk

2004 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. Got it from the shittiest MC dealer in the world, America's Motorsports. Will never by from a dealer again.

6. Your ideal bike.
I would like a garage full of all types....garage is already full, just need an adventure/touring bike to add to my stable.

I don't wheelie, pose, stunt, or ride without gear so I'm not your "stereotypical" Gixxer rider. But I also think stereotypes are false most of the type. Sportbikers (not crotch rocket/rice rocket/pasta rocket (to include Azooom) are from every age, race, demographic there is. We are just usually hidden under our helmets.

Bikes don't talk

Dave 04-01-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 356235)
31 year old female, Nashville TN, Scientist/Sales

I don't know what a car share is. I work from home so probably wouldn't apply

2007 Suzuki GSXr 750, Looks like sex, sounds like sex, feels like....well...great sex

I also own a 2000 Yamaha XT225 dual-sport, Looks like crap, sounds like crap, and feels like dirty sex.......Dirty rough cheap sex where you wake up bruised, broken and covered in gunk

2004 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. Got it from the shittiest MC dealer in the world, America's Motorsports. Will never by from a dealer again.

6. Your ideal bike.
I would like a garage full of all types....garage is already full, just need an adventure/touring bike to add to my stable.

I don't wheelie, pose, stunt, or ride without gear so I'm not your "stereotypical" Gixxer rider. But I also think stereotypes are false most of the type. Sportbikers (not crotch rocket/rice rocket/pasta rocket (to include Azooom) are from every age, race, demographic there is. We are just usually hidden under our helmets.

Bikes don't talk

i guess that 250 ninja felt like bad sex :lol:

HokieDNA01 04-01-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356241)
i guess that 250 ninja felt like bad sex :lol:

felt like highschool sex where your not quite sure what your doing but its working for ya and you're getting better every time

Dave 04-01-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 356244)
felt like highschool sex where your not quite sure what your doing but its working for ya and you're getting better every time

i skipped that sex :lmao:

HokieDNA01 04-01-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356248)

You didn't miss much. Lol!

Dave 04-01-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 356250)
You didn't miss much. Lol!

didnt seem so :lol: my first still doesnt know she was first lol

pauldun170 04-01-2010 01:19 PM

I just learned that HokieDNA01 sells scientists.

smileyman 04-01-2010 01:57 PM

I just learned I need an XT225...

Riceaholic 04-01-2010 03:20 PM

36, Tampa Bay Fl, Bartender

I need my truck most days...

2001 Suzuki GSXR 1000. From ten feet away it looks stock. From any closer things look a little different. It sounds like a healthy 1000. It feels like a very healthy 1000.

I also own 4 scooters. They sound, feel and look completely different than the 1000.

1982 Yamaha maxim 400 about 20 years ago. My car blew up and I needed inexpensive transportation quick.

6. Your ideal bike.
I've loved every bike I've ever owned but I've probably put more time and sweat into my current GSXR than any other. It's definitely the only one I'll never get rid of.

Every time I get on something with two wheels and a motor it makes me smile.

That they are better than someone without a bike...

Particle Man 04-01-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 356279)

:lmao:

Tsunami 04-01-2010 03:28 PM

Hokie, you got sex on the brain?

Dave 04-01-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 356279)

makes sense. The government keeps buying them :lol:

Dave 04-01-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 356340)
Hokie, you got sex on the brain?

well, she is knocking on the door of the female sexual prime

pauldun170 04-01-2010 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356348)
well, she is knocking on the door of the female sexual prime

Damn...my first thought was to post this picture.

Particle Man 04-01-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 356350)
Damn...my first thought was to post this picture.

that means you aren't invited to said sexual prime :lol:

Dave 04-01-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 356352)
that means you aren't invited to said sexual prime :lol:

shoulda posted rodimus :lmao:

Marketing analyst groping for a clue about motorcycles.

Digifox 04-01-2010 03:58 PM

What the hell...

1. Your age, location and profession. 17, Ohio, Pro-gamer

2. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
1993 Kawasaki EX"ninja"250R
Looks...The biggest POS you'll ever seen thats actually ride-able
Sounds? Think a pissed off garden tiller.
Feels...No answer

3. Your first bike and how you got it.
Ninja 250R, I sold $500 worth of RC cars to buy it

4. Your ideal bike.
Idea bike.... 2002-2004 Kawasaki ZX-6r

5. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
Per-say yes.
Young, Scrawny, dumbass... Wait am i under Crotch rockets or Crotch scooters? Anywho I guess you could say i fit the Careless, Stupid, Whippersnapper that rides Sports Bikes

The personality's of others fit their bikes Yes/No.

6. What does a bike say about its owner?
The bike can say nothings or everything about the owner.
Mine says....Dumbshit

askmrjesus 05-04-2010 04:39 PM

2043, everywhere, personal savior.

I don't know, what's it pay?

Ducati, black, loud, fast, uncomfortable.

1974 Norton 850 Commando, gave a guy some money.

6. Your ideal bike.

Ducati, black, loud, faster, uncomfortable.

Yes. I'm a snotty elitist asshole, and snotty elitist assholes ride Ducatis.

Yes. They're all squids or fags or engineers.

Simple:

Ducati: Asshole
Harley: Fag
Suzuki: Squid
Kawasaki: Squid who likes the color of South American tree frogs.
Honda: Boring soulless squid.
Yamaha: Squid again.
BMW: Nerdy engineering type motherfuckers, who buy their camping gear at REI, and have wives named Gladys.

JC

Particle Man 05-04-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 369355)

Simple:

Ducati: Asshole
Harley: Fag
Suzuki: Squid
Kawasaki: Squid who likes the color of South American tree frogs.
Honda: Boring soulless squid.
Yamaha: Squid again.
BMW: Nerdy engineering type motherfuckers, who buy their camping gear at REI, and have wives named Gladys.

JC

:lmao:

Captain Morgan 05-04-2010 05:57 PM

36, Indiana, government work

What happened to number 2?

don't know what a car share is

2009 Suzuki V-strom. Looks like a dual sport bike. sounds like a high speed sewing machine because it still has the stock exhaust. feels comfortable, whether riding on hard dirt roads or riding down the highway. Needs knobby tires to play well in loose dirt.

80-something kawasaki. A friend of a friend was selling this old POS cheap, so I bought it. That was probably 12 years ago, so I don't remember much about it

6. Your ideal bike.

Ideally, I'd like 3 bikes: a sport bike specifically for track only, a big comfortable bike for cross-country journeys, and a dirt bike for playing in the dirt. Can't afford all three right now, so I settled for a dual sport that's a bit more oriented for highway riding. I'll be buying an extra set of wheels and putting knobby tires on them so I can play when I want to.

Don't know what personality is associated with my bike. All I know is I like to ride bikes and have fun.

that we like to ride and enjoy the freedom that comes with it

Captain Morgan 05-04-2010 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and here's a pic of how each type of biker likes to spend their time when not on a bike.

Homeslice 05-04-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356248)

:bs:

Homeslice 05-04-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digifox (Post 356357)
4. Your ideal bike.

03-04 were totally different than the 02

racedoll 05-04-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digifox (Post 356357)
4. Your ideal bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369390)
03-04 were totally different than the 02

Not to mention the two different models - ZX6R and ZX6RR.

karl_1052 05-05-2010 12:47 PM

I'll be your Huckleberry

38; Ottawa, Canada; IT professional

Working for a car share? I wouldn't want to be part of a car share. I make enough money to afford my own car, and I don't care about the environment enough to share a vehicle. Car shares are a step in the direction of communisim.

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa. It looks good(to me. Others, not so much). It sounds like every other I4 bike in the world, and it feels like a rocket propelled Killer Whale covered in KY about to jump the Grand Canyon in a speedo.

1982 Yamaha RD350. I bought it.

6. Your ideal bike.

No such thing.

This is the gayest question I have ever read. Stereotype much? Do you ask african americans if they stole something today? Do you ask asians if they like the taste of Cats? Do you ask gingers what it is like to live without a soul?

That the owner liked that bike enough to part with cash for it.
Another moronic question, BTW.

askmrjesus 05-05-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369606)
I'll be your Huckleberry

Working for a car share? I wouldn't want to be part of a car share. I make enough money to afford my own car, and I don't care about the environment enough to share a vehicle. Car shares are a step in the direction of communisim.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa. It looks good(to me. Others, not so much). It sounds like every other I4 bike in the world, and it feels like a rocket propelled Killer Whale covered in KY about to jump the Grand Canyon in a speedo.

6. Your ideal bike.

No such thing.

This is the gayest question I have ever read. Stereotype much? Do you ask african americans if they stole something today? Do you ask asians if they like the taste of Cats? Do you ask gingers what it is like to live without a soul?

:lol:

JC

Homeslice 05-05-2010 01:20 PM

Some of the dude's questions are legit. Most sportbikers I know are pretty similar --- They're all economically conservative yet socially liberal, and enjoy guns, cars, martial arts, and video games. And they usually have technical or engineering type jobs.

Particle Man 05-05-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369606)
I'll be your Huckleberry

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa. It looks good(to me. Others, not so much). It sounds like every other I4 bike in the world, and it feels like a rocket propelled Killer Whale covered in KY about to jump the Grand Canyon in a speedo.

6. Your ideal bike.

No such thing.

You appear to be in the minority in knowing what the f**k a Carshare is. Care to share this knowledge oh great one?

karl_1052 05-05-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 369619)
You appear to be in the minority in knowing what the f**k a Carshare is. Care to share this knowledge oh great one?

If it is what I think it is, there are companies setup in cities that own a fleet of small cars. You pay a monthly fee, and then you find out where the car is(by GPS), go to it with a swipe card and use it for as long as you want. Of course there are tons of rules, and I don't think I would want to get a car after some ass munch drove his buddies home from the bar, and 3 of them puked all over the interior at 3am. Now at 10am, you go and get the car, and the puke hasn't been cleaned up, and it has been baking in the sun for the last 4 hours.

No thanks.

Tsunami 05-05-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 369644)
If it is what I think it is, there are companies setup in cities that own a fleet of small cars. You pay a monthly fee, and then you find out where the car is(by GPS), go to it with a swipe card and use it for as long as you want. Of course there are tons of rules, and I don't think I would want to get a car after some ass munch drove his buddies home from the bar, and 3 of them puked all over the interior at 3am. Now at 10am, you go and get the car, and the puke hasn't been cleaned up, and it has been baking in the sun for the last 4 hours.

No thanks.

If that is what you are talking about the only place I have ever seen it is in San Francisco. Yeah no thanks, I rather drive my own beater around with my own filth.

Homeslice 05-05-2010 06:10 PM

One of the services is called zipcar, and it's to their best interest to check on the cars periodically to make sure they're clean. The odds that someone will have puked in the car right before you get it are, shall we say, rather slim.

Particle Man 05-05-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

No thanks.

'round here that's hilarious :lol: - you'd need a car just to get to the freakin' car :lol:

Dave 05-06-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

No thanks.

Yeah that's pretty accurate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369682)
One of the services is called zipcar, and it's to their best interest to check on the cars periodically to make sure they're clean. The odds that someone will have puked in the car right before you get it are, shall we say, rather slim.

Zipcar is the devil :lol:

pauldun170 05-06-2010 10:53 AM

Friend of mine signed up for one.
she lives in NYC and it makes perfect sense for her.

She uses public transportation to get to work. She can walk to get her groceries and do laundry. She's lived in the states for 12 years and never had a car. She just got her drivers license a few months ago. To buy a car and insure it is not worth the monet in her case as she has no real need for a car on a daily basis. However there are a few time a year when she likes the convenience such as coming out to visit us and not worry about train schedules, or when she wants to do some hardcore shopping. She signed up for zip (or whatever service it is) car.
Beats pissing away money on car insurance and car payments for something that she doesn't really need.

Homeslice 05-06-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 369850)
Friend of mine signed up for one.
she lives in NYC and it makes perfect sense for her.

She uses public transportation to get to work. She can walk to get her groceries and do laundry. She's lived in the states for 12 years and never had a car. She just got her drivers license a few months ago. To buy a car and insure it is not worth the monet in her case as she has no real need for a car on a daily basis. However there are a few time a year when she likes the convenience such as coming out to visit us and not worry about train schedules, or when she wants to do some hardcore shopping. She signed up for zip (or whatever service it is) car.
Beats pissing away money on car insurance and car payments for something that she doesn't really need.

100% truth. And this isn't limited to poor people......There are a few people at my company who pull down some decent money yet don't own a car. Even if you have a nice "secure" parking structure where you live, shit gets stolen out of those all the time. It's not worth having a nice car, especially if you're only going to put 3-4K miles a year on it.

Tsunami 05-06-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369907)
100% truth. And this isn't limited to poor people......There are a few people at my company who pull down some decent money yet don't own a car. Even if you have a nice "secure" parking structure where you live, shit gets stolen out of those all the time. It's not worth having a nice car, especially if you're only going to put 3-4K miles a year on it.

True esp when you live in the city and there is no parking anyway. Or to park you are paying $500 for a space 3-4 blocks from your home. Which is a reason why I lived in the boroughs, I like driving and parking my car outside my door.