Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New Lid: Schuberth C3 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20511)

Trip 11-07-2011 08:05 PM

New Lid: Schuberth C3

5 Attachment(s)
So I went old man with my newest lid, but this thing is bad ass. Short list of some of the neat features:

Slide down tinted visor with a mechanism that works on both sides, no screw ups sliding up or down

pinlock double clear visor, no fogging up

ratchet strap system that makes for simple put on/take off

amazing vent system, feels like you are riding helmetless

very quiet, much more than my Shoei X-11 or Hornet

built in speaker holes in the foam, you can't feel your com speakers in your helmet

very awesome chin padding system for cold weather

Schuberth ribbing on visor that breaks the wind buffeting instead of using the back fin that most helmets have

very light

Here are some pics

Particle Man 11-07-2011 08:49 PM

Nice looking lid. My comment about NY stands :lol:

derf 11-07-2011 11:31 PM

I'm an old man helmet convert. I think from now on I want two helmets around the house, a full face and a flip up with a drop down visor.

The C3 looks good, but really its too expensive for my tastes. The Nolan I wore at the rally is nice, but I wish I would have spent the extra $$$ on the scorpion and gotten a face shield that wont fog on my.

Particle Man 11-08-2011 06:42 AM

I just know that I need to change helmets for my neck's sake. Hurts like a mofo after 200 miles or so.

G-Rex 11-08-2011 07:08 AM

I've been thinking about a Schuberth! I'm glad to see that you are pleased with it. I'll probably get one over the winter.

I did notice one thing though. Your sticker on the back, well, you're missing a few states. ;)

Trip 11-08-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 497984)
I did notice one thing though. Your sticker on the back, well, you're missing a few states. ;)

Working on that, I have only took one touring trip so far :P

Gas Man 11-08-2011 08:31 PM

I'm curious how you like it over time. I like my nolan modular but there are things I wish were different or better.

Trip 11-08-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 498139)
I'm curious how you like it over time. I like my nolan modular but there are things I wish were different or better.

I will keep you up to date. So far I love it. I really really love my Hornet, but that visor wears your neck out, but I don't like to take it off cause the helmet looks retarded without it.

Having the built in tinted visor will be bad ass too. I hate wearing sunglasses and changing visors, so I normally just go clear all the time.

I really wish it had the flip over feature of the shark evoline, but that helmet just didn't fit me right.

Gas Man 11-08-2011 09:04 PM

Yeah I will definitely want to try one on. I wonder if my local BMW dealer will have them...

Trip 11-08-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 498157)
Yeah I will definitely want to try one on. I wonder if my local BMW dealer will have them...

I had to go to Dual Sport Touring to get one. BMW didn't have one here.