Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any one experienced with Benelli and Triumph I3s (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2207)

nhgunnut 08-13-2008 08:29 AM

Any one experienced with Benelli and Triumph I3s

Does anyone here have any experience with the Newer Bennelli’s I3's My wife has yet to get herself a sport bike but wants one. She is not a petite woman so the target is a 1 liter and also she would not be interested in a full out plastic wrapped Sport machine so a sport standard seems a logical choice. We have a in the garage 3 twins to 6's and one I4 I like the twins myself but she like the looks of the Triumph Speed Triple.
She also has seen and like the Bennelli TNT's I am curious what people with real saddle time on either of these machines thinks of them. If you are kind enough to answer I would appreciate knowing your Height and Inseam as this is going to be a big part over the over all Ergos. For my part I have a touch of bias in either case. As a sports car nut in the mid 70s playing with English roadsters has left me with a bad tastes for English electrical systems (the reason the English drink their beer warm is because Lucas makes refrigerators. Old joke but true) and I have to admit to being a bit leery of Italian Motorcycles owned by a Chinese Company.
I would love to know how the service culture of each company has been. What has the machine help up like, and does it retain its original levels of performance?
Thanks in advance for your time

Trip 08-13-2008 08:39 AM

I've heard people swear by Triumph and I have heard people swear at Triumph. I know I would stay away from the 675, lots of problems from every owner I have talked to. The triple seems to be a little more reliable from owners I have talked to.

I know nothing of Benilli, not too people I know ride em. Not too many as in 0.

No Worries 08-13-2008 11:59 PM

Speed Triple FTW.

Dave 08-14-2008 12:56 AM

benellis are pure sex, but they put the rad under the seat for some reason. supposed to be pretty easy to overheat them if you live in a warm climate. something to watch out for if you decide to grab one,id def hit it with water wetter if i had one

t-homo 08-14-2008 01:51 AM

All I know is the TnT looks fuckin great.

fnfalman 08-18-2008 08:16 PM

While other Italian motorcycle brands have at least tried to get some sort of quality control and engineering into their bikes, Benelli had yet to follow. Serious electrical problems and really bad fuel mapping which probably is related to electronics issues.

Triumph triples on the other hand seem to be doing pretty well. A Speed Triple with an Arrow 3-in-1 exhaust sounds bad to the bone. I personally like the new Tiger. Very funk bike to ride.

marko138 08-19-2008 12:45 PM

I've only ever sat on a Speed Triple...but it's very comfortable to sit on. I'm 5'10 with a 32 inch inseam. The ST maybe my next bike...if I ever get sick of the Buell.