Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Group Buys & Hot Deals (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bridgestone BT-002RS $220 shipped (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9981)

t-homo 09-17-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 267191)
I run a 190/50 BT-002RS now, so this should quicken my turn in right? Hell my bike is lowered in front and raised in back and I went down a link in the chain... the damn thing is telepathic now!:lol: When I put these on, I'll probably put the normal length chain back on. I was testing whether I could shorten my chain and still get it on the bike. It was tight but no problem. I think I shortrened the wheelbase an 1/2 or so...seems quicker,:idk:

Got ya. Yeah, turn in will be quicker but you should have the same stability at full lean as you do now.

Amber Lamps 09-17-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 267269)
Got ya. Yeah, turn in will be quicker but you should have the same stability at full lean as you do now.

I hope so, it's all about long, fast sweepers down here!

t-homo 09-17-2009 08:47 PM

See, we have a lot more tight, twisty, every corner is a blind corner roads.

tached1000rr 09-17-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 267309)
See, we have a lot more tight, twisty, every corner is a blind corner roads.

Those are what I like....

t-homo 09-18-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 267319)
Those are what I like....

For sure dude

t-homo 09-23-2009 05:46 PM

I got mine in yesterday afternoon and had em mounted last night by a friend.

Went on a ride this morning/afternoon covering about 140 miles of twisties. These tires are incredible compared to the Rossos and for just over 2/3 of the price. Very tall profile, even though both were 190/55s. This tire has tons of feedback and very precise cornering ability. I am absolutely sold on bridgestone.

Amber Lamps 09-24-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 269441)
I got mine in yesterday afternoon and had em mounted last night by a friend.

Went on a ride this morning/afternoon covering about 140 miles of twisties. These tires are incredible compared to the Rossos and for just over 2/3 of the price. Very tall profile, even though both were 190/55s. This tire has tons of feedback and very precise cornering ability. I am absolutely sold on bridgestone.

See? I've been trying to tell y'all!:lol: Oh and that's my "concern" because the tires already had a taller profile than Pirellis of the same size. I got a couple of very experienced guys trading 2CTs in for Bridgestones here next week. We'll see what they think. I was leading a tighter section of the ride last weekend and they were complaining about slippage. One was on a Ducati 1098 and the other was on a 2009 GSXR750. Of course the other point is price. At 2/3 the cost, even if you lose some mileage, you'll still break even AND have a stickier tire to boot!

t-homo 09-24-2009 04:58 PM

Price is definitely unbeatable. There was a guy riding with us yesterday with an MV Agusta with bridgestones on it who said he hated spending the extra money to buy pirellis or michelins when he didn't get a good mileage/cost. He also refuses to take his bikes (he also has a Duc 916) to shops because they charge too much. Was just a little ironic to me.

Amber Lamps 09-24-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 269825)
Price is definitely unbeatable. There was a guy riding with us yesterday with an MV Agusta with bridgestones on it who said he hated spending the extra money to buy pirellis or michelins when he didn't get a good mileage/cost. He also refuses to take his bikes (he also has a Duc 916) to shops because they charge too much. Was just a little ironic to me.

Yea but if you save $500/year on tires and shop fees.... Well, what would you do with the money?:lol:

t-homo 09-24-2009 06:19 PM

trackdays. (which he said he is doing another one the day i'm going in october)