Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Converting the SV for touring... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10667)

Particle Man 09-29-2009 04:33 PM

I walked into Oneida Suzuki today and looked at several bikes - I have to say I still like my SV better than almost anything there, just need to adjust the ergos. I have the SVN triple and bars on now (picked up new bar-ends while in Oneida Suzuki since the hardware was a bit oxidized on the old ones; comes in handy living about 15 minutes away :lol:) and it seems like 100 times better than with the clipons. Now I just have to wait for my other parts to come in at Oneida (brake fluid reservoir from my little "incident" the other day and new throttle cables from convertibars.com) so I can actually ride it.

I also ordered a higher windscreen while getting the other parts today and got notification yesterday that the Buell pegs shipped. Pics to follow as soon as I can.

RACER X 09-30-2009 08:12 AM

bicycle shorts under your jeans will fix all your bum issue's.

guess it;s me, but i didn't have any real back pains w/ the busa, granted it had risers and heli bars. but i did do 17 hrs the first day and that was really the first time i had ridden that bike. and it has a stock seat, i contribute the no pain to biking shorts.

and i'm outta shape like a mofo.

Particle Man 09-30-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 271991)
bicycle shorts under your jeans will fix all your bum issue's.

guess it;s me, but i didn't have any real back pains w/ the busa, granted it had risers and heli bars. but i did do 17 hrs the first day and that was really the first time i had ridden that bike. and it has a stock seat, i contribute the no pain to biking shorts.

and i'm outta shape like a mofo.

my gel seat takes care of that for the most part but I may invest in something better soon (I don't like the rise of the gel seat)

RACER X 09-30-2009 08:59 AM

thats kinda my point.........i have a fact. seat and was able to stand alot of hrs due to shorts......

ontwo 09-30-2009 10:43 AM

What kind of luggage you got?

Particle Man 09-30-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontwo (Post 272067)
What kind of luggage you got?

I have a Joe Rocket tailbag (old one) that I got from Tricktape a while back and a Nelson Rigg tank bag (non-magnetic). I'll eventually replace the tail bag with saddle bags and a new tail bag if I can find a set for the right price.

ontwo 09-30-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 272068)
I have a Joe Rocket tailbag (old one) that I got from Tricktape a while back and a Nelson Rigg tank bag (non-magnetic). I'll eventually replace the tail bag with saddle bags and a new tail bag if I can find a set for the right price.

I've got the Nelson Rigg tail bag that I love. I'm looking to get the NR saddle bags to go with it. I've only got the Icon primer tank bag. I need a bigger one. Have you seen the SV tourer thread over at svrider.com? Lots of good ideas there

Particle Man 09-30-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontwo (Post 272069)
I've got the Nelson Rigg tail bag that I love. I'm looking to get the NR saddle bags to go with it. I've only got the Icon primer tank bag. I need a bigger one. Have you seen the SV tourer thread over at svrider.com? Lots of good ideas there

yep - I've been surfing there for ideas too using my original user name (PrtclMn001) :)

ontwo 09-30-2009 11:01 AM

I was wondering if that was you. I mostly lurk over there.

Sixxxxer 09-30-2009 11:11 AM

Racer Whats this crazy theory you have on biker shorts???