Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Helmet Corner (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=550)

fatburg 03-11-2008 10:24 PM

Helmet Corner

Alright so there is a bunch of different threads on helmets and such, it appears alot of folks are in the Suomy, Shoei or Arai. But I was looking at the AGV, they have some nice looking helmets with good reviews for around $250-325. Anyone around have experience with the AGV?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/image_st...61_refined.jpg

One concern I have is that with the humidity and temp changes in this area, lense fogging can get ridonculous!!!

I currently run a HJC AC-11, just FYI

thanks

Trip 03-11-2008 10:27 PM

fpzx rocks an agv right now, maybe he will chime in

the chi 03-11-2008 10:33 PM

lovin my Scorpion 1000 right now, but before that I had a kick ass Icon, but its all in the fit user preference!!

My Scorpion is a tad on the heavy side due to the gadgetry, but in all so far this year I have had no issues with fogging, shifting on my head, noise, or comfort.

Phenix_Rider 03-11-2008 10:36 PM

Scorpion and SparX are nice for the money. Similar fit to my RF-1000 but larger. I've never seen an AGV lid, but their jackets and gloves look decent.

fatburg 03-11-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rae (Post 14744)
lovin my Scorpion 1000 right now, but before that I had a kick ass Icon, but its all in the fit user preference!!

My Scorpion is a tad on the heavy side due to the gadgetry, but in all so far this year I have had no issues with fogging, shifting on my head, noise, or comfort.

Looking at that also, really popular for a while.

the chi 03-11-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatburg (Post 14748)
Looking at that also, really popular for a while.

i'll admit, I AM totally in love with the drop down visor system...tee hee!

Mr Lefty 03-11-2008 10:41 PM

I really wanted an AGV... but I couldn't find anyplace local to try one on... (something that is a MUST before I'll buy) so I ended up going with an Arai Profile... the Freedom star... fit like a glove when I first got it... but now it feels a bit big, but if I wear a bandana or skull cap or something it fits better...

still... not as tight as I'd like so I'm looking into a new helmet this summer

fatburg 03-11-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 14753)
I really wanted an AGV... but I couldn't find anyplace local to try one on... (something that is a MUST before I'll buy) so I ended up going with an Arai Profile... the Freedom star... fit like a glove when I first got it... but now it feels a bit big, but if I wear a bandana or skull cap or something it fits better...

still... not as tight as I'd like so I'm looking into a new helmet this summer

that's one of my deals too, but I'm tempted to just try to order and return if it don't fit. I have a small noggin, I wear a medium in the HJC cause I like my helmet really snug

Mr Lefty 03-11-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatburg (Post 14754)
that's one of my deals too, but I'm tempted to just try to order and return if it don't fit. I have a small noggin, I wear a medium in the HJC cause I like my helmet really snug

see I would too... but the turn around time isn't quick enough for me... cause I'll only be home for Sept... then again... I could have it shipped here... then parade around my room for a couple hours getting used to it... and if it's not right ship it back... hummm...

good idea! thanks Burg!

fatburg 03-11-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 14760)
see I would too... but the turn around time isn't quick enough for me... cause I'll only be home for Sept... then again... I could have it shipped here... then parade around my room for a couple hours getting used to it... and if it's not right ship it back... hummm...

good idea! thanks Burg!

I'm full of ideas, not always good ones...so glad I could help out. It sucks that there is no way to test a helmet out before dropping 300 ducks.