Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Previous Polls (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Who here has forgot to remove the key when parked? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1071)

Mr Lefty 04-15-2008 07:02 PM

Who here has forgot to remove the key when parked?

I was just curious if this was a common problem. I've done it once when out riding... I'd taken my key ring off because it was scratching everything... and so I just had my key... in a panic I came back about 15 mins later to find it there... :panic:

I do it all the time at home... and usually it's the seat lock that gets me...

so anyone else?

Cutty72 04-15-2008 07:02 PM

once in awhile in the garage... out and about i'm pretty good about grabbing it.

Smittie61984 04-15-2008 07:14 PM

I had trouble sometimes. Not so much anymore but with my old bike I would when I first started out riding. Which normally it's because I'd kill the bike with the kickstand, take my helmet off then gloves and forget about it.

I always leave the key in when it's in my garage. Mainly because to steal my bike you'd have to navigate around a pool table and tippy toe just right around more junk to steal it. Really if you didn't know what you were doing you'd fall over.

But yeah I've done it before and probably will do it again. But not so much anymore since the 1st thing I do when I stop my bike is kill the bike then remove the key and put it in my pocket before removing my helmet, gloves and jacket.

Trip 04-15-2008 07:34 PM

It's not unusual to see lots of keys in bikes at the gap. Most people just don't care because they know other bikers won't fuck with their rides.

Mr Lefty 04-15-2008 07:35 PM

see yeah when I would roll home i'd flip the kill switch as not to put any more CO2 in my garage as I could help... and to keep the noise down... but several times I'd go out ready to ride and my battery would be dead because I forgot to turn the bike off... and the lights killed the battery. so now I make it a point to check my milage once I get home. just to remind me to look in that area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 32544)
It's not unusual to see lots of keys in bikes at the gap. Most people just don't care because they know other bikers won't fuck with their rides.

yeah most wont... but there are those few that would...

I had a friend in cali that had his key busted off in his ignition at a bike night... since that story... I'll do my best to keep my key in my posession

lauralynne 04-15-2008 08:30 PM

only a couple times in the lock but I can't begin to count the number of times I've left it in the trunk! I use the key to get under the seat and turn off the comm system and take my MP3 player out - and then push the seat down to lock it and forget the key. I've had to run out in the middle of the night to get it at a hotel before.

dubbs 04-15-2008 08:33 PM

The seat lock always gets me.. sometimes I'll be frantically looking around because I want to go for a ride.. I run all around the house and I go.. wait a sec.. Then I kick myself for bein a tard.. :rofl:

I always leave the key in it in the garage and work, but other then that I always grab it.

the chi 04-15-2008 09:04 PM

shit I leave my key in the bike all the time, and I am the one always running out to grab it, either from my trunk or the ignition, after ive done the frantic pocket search...

Mrs. Colleen 04-15-2008 09:08 PM

My husband is SOOOOO bad at that! :willy:

Not only has he left the keys in his bike while it was parked overnight at a track day while on the trailer...BUT...he left them in the bike on Cannery Row in Monterey during MotoGP weekend WITH both helmets on the bike! :willy: And in case you are unaware of what that looks like...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...6/PICT0099.jpg

He is VERY luck his bike was still there!

t-homo 04-15-2008 09:34 PM

I do in the garage all of the time. I have left it in a couple times runnin into the gas station, but not too much. Once I was still wearing my gloves and tried to put it in my pocket as I was going into the station. The frantic search followed and while i was on my way in some guy walked out to toss them to me.