Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   we're invading florida... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1132)

itgirl 04-21-2008 09:56 AM

we're invading florida...

my husband and i are planning on taking the kids to disney from july 29th - august 5th (it's everyone's first time). how far is that from all you florida peeps? i know nothing about florida geography. i'd love to meet some of y'all though. :dthumb:

neebelung 04-21-2008 10:01 AM

Orlando is only a few hours (2.5 to 3 depending on traffic) from us, so we'd love to come meet up with ya'll!!!

Bear in mind, it'll be HOT AND HUMID as hell that time of year... just be warned. Might wanna pick up Camelbacks for Disney (seriously).

Rider and his family just went to Disney, so I'm sure he can give ya'll some tips for family-friendly do's and don'ts in Orlando. :D

itgirl 04-21-2008 10:04 AM

the camelpack is a good tip. thanks! we'll be driving down, so we could always meet 1/2 way somewhere or something. gives my husband a good reason to use that tomtom i got him for xmas. :)

neebelung 04-21-2008 10:05 AM

well once you know your route, if you're going to come through Jax (i.e. on I-95) then you could always stop here, otherwise, we can come down to Orlando, it's no biggie. :D

the chi 04-21-2008 10:05 AM

Dang, I wish I was closer!! I am around 7-8 hours away from there...

itgirl 04-21-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 34484)
well once you know your route, if you're going to come through Jax (i.e. on I-95) then you could always stop here, otherwise, we can come down to Orlando, it's no biggie. :D

yeah, we could do that. hubby will be driving, i'll ask him what route we're taking and get back to ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rae (Post 34485)
Dang, I wish I was closer!! I am around 7-8 hours away from there...

awww man, that sux! :(

Rider 04-21-2008 10:15 AM

Sunblock will be your friend. Use it liberally... Are you staying on property?
If not make sure you are staying at hotel that provides shuttle to the parks. Parking is $11/day but you can go to any park on the same day with no extra parking fee. We took the shuttle a couple of times and paid to park the other times. Parking at the Disney water parks is free.

You will need at least 2 full days for the Magic Kingdom. 1 day for the rest of the parks. Any other questions let me know, I just spent 8 days there at the beginning of this month.

Captain Morgan 04-21-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itgirl (Post 34477)
my husband and i are planning on taking the kids to disney from july 29th - august 5th (it's everyone's first time). how far is that from all you florida peeps? i know nothing about florida geography. i'd love to meet some of y'all though. :dthumb:

It's in Orlando, right next door to OSP's apartment.

Trip 04-21-2008 10:42 AM

I may be going to disney in late June for a week for work. Free trip. :rockwoot:

breaker seminar during the day though.

LaFemmes 04-21-2008 10:46 AM

You'll all have a great time for sure!