Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11438)

HurricaneHeather 11-05-2009 03:37 PM

7 dead, 12 injured in Fort Hood shooting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...me_and_courts/

At least seven people are dead and 12 wounded in a shooting at Fort Hood in Texas, the base's public affairs office told NBC News on Thursday.

The official would not give his name nor additional details. It was unknown whether victims are soldiers or civilians. One gunman was reportedly in custody and another was on the loose, NBC News said. A third shooter may be involved, according to NBC News affiliate KCEN.

KCEN in Waco reported that the second suspect may be holed up in a building on the post.

The base was reportedly on lockdown. Two nearby school districts were also being locked down.

Fort Hood is adjacent to Killeen, and 60 miles northeast of Austin. The sprawling complex is home to at least 4,929 active duty officers and 45,414 enlisted. Civilian employees total nearly 9,000.

The base has seen other violence in recent years. In September 2008, a 21-year-old 1st Cavalry Division soldier shot his lieutenant to death and then killed himself. Spc. Jody Michael Wirawan of Eagle River, Alaska. shot himself to death after shooting 1st Lt. Robert Bartlett Fletcher, 24, of Jensen Beach, Fla. to death.

:(

z06boy 11-05-2009 03:52 PM

Supposedly a 3rd shooter shooting at another location on the base. :whatwhat:

Homeslice 11-05-2009 03:56 PM

50K people on that base? Damn.

HurricaneHeather 11-05-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 288251)
Supposedly a 3rd shooter shooting at another location on the base. :whatwhat:

Where did you see that?

CNN is saying that one is captured and another is cornered(both unconfirmed) and that there might be a third.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 288253)
50K people on that base? Damn.

It is the Army's largest installation.

HurricaneHeather 11-05-2009 03:58 PM

My husband just said, "I have never been more glad that Carolina(Archren) is in Iraq right now." Never thought we'd say that.

azoomm 11-05-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 288256)
My husband just said, "I have never been more glad that Carolina(Archren) is in Iraq right now." Never thought we'd say that.

That was my FIRST thought when it came onto the news.

Damn.

RACER X 11-05-2009 04:17 PM

"Details of the events were sketchy, but officials said the shooting involved two men with M-16 rifles and began about 1:30 p.m. Central time at Howze Theater on the base, then moved to the sports complex, where the graduation ceremony was scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. It was not immediately clear who the ceremony was honoring. "

z06boy 11-05-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 288254)
Where did you see that?

CNN is saying that one is captured and another is cornered(both unconfirmed) and that there might be a third.

It is the Army's largest installation.

On another forum...nothing official that I saw. One guy is posting from Ft. Hood but he's not the one that made that claim...since the base is on lockdown he doesn't know anymore than the rest of us.

What a screwed up situation.

bad guys----->:shotgun:<-----good guys

Destitute 11-05-2009 04:29 PM

Since this was an MSNBC headline, I had to compare with CNN and FoxNews reactions.

FoxNews front page video: Face-Off with Radical Islam

Coincidence? Funny stuff.

HurricaneHeather 11-05-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destitute (Post 288281)
Since this was an MSNBC headline, I had to compare with CNN and FoxNews reactions.

FoxNews front page video: Face-Off with Radical Islam

Coincidence? Funny stuff.

Sorry that was the first thing to come up on Google when I searched earlier.

9 confirmed dead now. One shooter captured, the other still at large.