Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Track Gear - Boots (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15398)

CrazyKell 06-29-2010 02:36 PM

Track Gear - Boots

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone have problems getting their leathers to fit into their boots?

I've got these and while they are great boots, I am having a helluva time getting my leathers to fit into them.

Anything I can do? Anyone ever had boots altered?

OneSickPsycho 06-29-2010 02:38 PM

I do... My calves are big... and ripped... but I digress. Hard to get the zipper up, but doable.

CrazyKell 06-29-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 387918)
I do... My calves are big... and ripped... but I digress. Hard to get the zipper up, but doable.

That's part of my problem. Always had muscular calves from when I was a kid (riding, gymnastics, figure skating, and now running....).

Just wondering if maybe other boots had a bigger top outlet so the leathers fit in better. :shrug:

marko138 06-29-2010 03:01 PM

No to you question...but how do you like those otherwise?

shmike 06-29-2010 03:01 PM

I haven't had that issue with any boots I've owned but did have the issue with a pair of Puma boots I tried on.

If it is necessary, I'd think it would be easier and more cost effective to have your leathers altered rather than your boots.

Go for the Rossi look.

CrazyKell 06-29-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 387923)
No to you question...but how do you like those otherwise?

Love the boots. Quality construction and very comfortable. Friend has them too and he crashed hard in them and they held up amazingly well. Very solid ankle protection.

marko138 06-29-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 387930)
Love the boots. Quality construction and very comfortable. Friend has them too and he crashed hard in them and they held up amazingly well. Very solid ankle protection.

How do they run for sizing? Similar to shoes or other boots? Or to A*'s specifically...?

Sean 06-29-2010 03:18 PM

I had that issue when I had Dainese leathers, but that's because they design their leathers to be worn on the outside of the boots. However, every manufacturer of boots intends for the leather to be inside, so there's basically no way to get protection. You're not wearing Dainese are you?

Sidi boots have adjustable calves. My Teknic leathers have very short legs and arms, which I like because it makes glove and boot fitment easier. Two ideas for ya.

ontwo 06-29-2010 03:23 PM

What size do you wear?

CrazyKell 06-29-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 387931)
How do they run for sizing? Similar to shoes or other boots? Or to A*'s specifically...?

I wear a 39 or 40 in street shoes and I'm a 41 in these boots. I probably could've gone for a 40 but they didn't have it and the 41 isn't too loose. I'd say they run a bit small in that respect. In A stars I'm a 42 if that gives you any perspective. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean (Post 387933)
I had that issue when I had Dainese leathers, but that's because they design their leathers to be worn on the outside of the boots. However, every manufacturer of boots intends for the leather to be inside, so there's basically no way to get protection. You're not wearing Dainese are you?

Sidi boots have adjustable calves. My Teknic leathers have very short legs and arms, which I like because it makes glove and boot fitment easier. Two ideas for ya.

Thanks. I have Teknic women's leathers. I have short legs and a long torso so I don't find the legs too short but they are skin tight in the calf area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontwo (Post 387934)
What size do you wear?

40-42 depending on manufacturer.