Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pouty craigslisters (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22065)

Rangerscott 01-16-2013 01:36 PM

Pouty craigslisters

I love it when they dont know what bartering is and they think youre being a dick then they turn into a 5 yr old.

Papa_Complex 01-16-2013 01:50 PM

I'd be willing to bet that 5 minutes of dealing with the old school East Indians in Brampton would turn you into a 'pouty Craigslister' too :lol:

Switch 01-16-2013 02:00 PM

Tell us more of the story.

Rangerscott 01-16-2013 02:41 PM

Guy has a 3 red ring xbox w/hdd and wants $40. I counter with a trade or $30. He replies back saying he'd like $40. I reply with, "120gb hdd?". Then he goes into to pouty mode and says, "Alrigt good for you if dont want it for $40, then Ill keep it.". I just said there was no reason to get upset. Just trying to barter.

Havent heard back

CasterTroy 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

You watch too much Gas monkey :lol

I use to list things on CL for what I wanted..thinking that if you only HAD $2500 surely you wouldn't drive all the way to someones house, and talk to them repeatedly if they were asking $3000 for something HOPING they would come down.....then I learned, you list it for what you'd LOVE to have if someone was just that dumb....because to date, I've NEVER not been bartered to death for anything I listed on CL. Drives me nuts but whatta ya gonna do?

Rangerscott 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

I love bartering. Although its almost completely dead these days.

RACER X 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

i was giving away our kids swingset, seen better days FREE

listed it, got 30 responses in prob 1-2hrs, buncha sad stories

ME i wanted it gone ASAP

first person to respond that they could come next day, i said, you have a 1/2 hr window to get here or on to next person, where are you from?

gave no time frame, but said was over an hr away

again asked a time and said it was going to be very difficult to get there in the AM being so far away

she asked why i was discriminating cuz she was from where she was from

me i don't care, but you're over an hr away and can't commit to a time

i'm gonna flag all your post ( i listed annon.) blah blah blah....

me: merry christmas

it went to next person who happened to be a fire fighter in god-parents 'hood. :)

Homeslice 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

I usually list all my shit below-market, and tell them it's firm. That way I don't have to do a bunch of back-and-forth with people. Seems to work with the bikes I've sold. It works if you're in a large metro with lots of competition, because buyers can compare and see that your price is already a great deal.

OneSickPsycho 01-16-2013 04:18 PM

Depends on what I'm selling and how much interest I get... Most of the times I list it for a fair price, but there's always wiggle room if I don't get a bunch of hits. If I get 10 emails the first day, shit is sold at what I listed it for.

Negotiations ARE a lost art... Most people I've sold to don't even try. Others try, but are so fucking horrible at it any slack I cut them is out of pity... Like the guy who told me the heavy bag I was selling is worth 50% more than what I was selling it for... then proceded to offer me 50% less than what I had it out there for. He paid full price, which was fair.

Papa_Complex 01-16-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 525617)
I usually list all my shit below-market, and tell them it's firm. That way I don't have to do a bunch of back-and-forth with people. Seems to work with the bikes I've sold. It works if you're in a large metro with lots of competition, because buyers can compare and see that your price is already a great deal.

I do the same. I still have had people show up and say got cash, then lowball me.

Last time was beginner DSLR with two lenses, two batteries, a memory card, bag, original manuals and software, and a $100.00 effects filter set. I put it up for $500.00. Asshole showed up and had the balls to offer me $400.00, after already agreeing to the $500.00 on the phone. He knew that he had made a mistake when I got up and started to walk out, without saying a word.