Thread: New Models
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini.

Also very possible.

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.
Buells will seriously walk across smooth pavement at idle...but once under way they are relatively smooth at speed. That is due to the uniplaner mounting system that Erik Buell invented and is now used not only on Buell but Harley-Davidson as well.

But...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The rattle your fillings out feeling is about 1/2 the reason I like Buells... The bike just feels like it wants to do something... Sounds like that something maybe sex with your GF while pulling anal beads out your mom's ass... Buell's fucking rule.

You know you want another one.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote