View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #12
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

After surviving one of these head-on crashes 8 1/2 years ago, I have modified my riding considerably....

If there are three lanes of travel, I try to not use the Left lane at all...this way if they start to dart out, they might have a chance to stop or reconsider and if I am not in the fast/left lane, I have that much more of a chance.

I ALWAYS ride with my bright lights on during the day time hours no matter who it pisses off in the process. One man who was doing a u-turn in front of me after a brief hesitation, actually stopped at the next traffic light to tell me the brights might be on....I told him they were and asked him, "Could YOU see me?" He told me yes, and I explained that it was worth it them, otherwise I might be dead.

Speeding in town on local surface streets is just a Russian Roulette game waiting for a location to happen. I don't like to speed when I am in city traffic, too many potential hazards with too many inattentive cager's out there to make it worth while.

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote