View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
It was 51 degrees when I left my house this afternoon. Went to the top of Lookout Mountain. Had a cup of hot chocolate in the cafe, and when I came outside the snow was blowing horizontally. Visibility was like 100 feet. I was wearing long johns under my leather pants and had two shirts under my leather jacket. Also had the Hippo Hands over the hand controls.

I headed down slower than usual and came up to a car. Under dry conditions, I would have passed him in a second. I could have stayed behind, but I didn't like the spray off his tires, nor did I like dividing my concentration between the car and the road ahead. So I passed on a straight. Except there is a hairpin turn at the end of the straight. I leaned off like a SOB. Luckily, the snow didn't stick to the road because it was too warm, but the road was very wet. This is when you have to have confidence in your tires and ability.

The snow was sticking to my face shield, but I didn't wipe it. Firstly, I didn't want to smear it as I could look through the clear spots, and secondly, I didn't want to get my gloves wet. I hate cold, wet hands, plus it's dangerous.
I did have to crack the shield a few times to keep it from fogging, even though I had put some Cat Crap on yesterday. I made it off the mountain ok and after I rode past the Coors brewery it stopped snowing. That's Colorado weather for you.
but at least you were riding... and that's why I'm looking forward to it!

glad you made it down! that's some intense shit!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote