View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #26
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The 1990 miata was much smaller, had almost no creature comforts, was noisy on the highway, and the interior was rather dime-store. Plus the rear window wasn't glass, and it had much more snap-oversteer. Paint sucked and the doors felt kinda like a tin can. With that being said it was probably the funnest car I've ever driven.

There is no comparison to today's Miata. They are 2 full generations apart. Doubt if they even share any parts except maybe wheel bearings and wiper motors.
In it's defence, a majority of cars from 1990 had dime store interiors and chitty paint.

Totally agree on fun to drive. Once you get over the fact that EVERYBODY is leaving you from a stop light (when driving that first year Miata now in 2009) and they are not even trying...
Holy crap is it fun to drive.

However...in a 1990 Corvette.
Driven in 2009...
Once you get past the "It's got some balls" when leaving that same stop light. It just turns into a series of "damn", "this is just bad".
You gotta constantly goose the motor to keep your mind off the little crappy things and when your done you kinda write it off as "it's just old...I really want a new one!!!"

In the Miata, just when you start getting annoyed at those fucking doorhandles you gotta hold open to lock the door and the motor, the motor that under 4K is just, it just takes a long time to get there but when it does....."Hey wonder what a new set a shocks will do for the handl......hey another corner.....
FUCK YOU MINIVAN I'll CATCH YOU IN THE TWISTIES!!......"
In other words....fuck refinement and decent radios and plastic that holds up in bad weather with the top down...It's just a fun car to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote