View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'm starting my research for a world trip... won't happen for some time... have to get out of the military first... and since I'll still need money that means RETIRING from the military... so 13 years... but hell... that just means I get more time to find people to meet up with and maybe learn a language or two... ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post

8 hours? If you start extending your riding range now, by the fall, 8 hours will be nothing! Just takes practice.

An 8 hour trip is the same as a 2 hour ride for me now. Build yourself up and you'll be fine.

Great link also Ebbs!
No doubt... but honestly... prior to my Indy trip last year... I hadn't spent more than 2hrs on the bike in one sitting. and never ridden over 4 in a day.

that trip I didn't have a day of riding under 6hrs... and only two under 12.

never had an issue... did one day of 904 miles in 16 hrs.

Like ya said G... after the first fill up... the rest of the day feels the same... 2-4-6-12 hrs riding all feels the same... at least until you stop for a couple hours and it hits ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yup the horizon unlimited folks have probably the best long distance touring information pool int the world. I have opened up my couch to a few of their members in the past who are on long rides.
no shit? that's damn cool of ya... Yeah I'll be opening my place up to travelers too if need be... but not many people wanna stop in southern Mississippi
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote