View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
I usually ride by myself, and enjoy the pace I ride. I'm not really interested in going faster (and I wouldn't call myself fast at all). But if I did I have a friend who has a Saturday morning group ride, and most of them race and are track instructors.
Me too! Other riders just make me nervous now, so I avoid them like the plague! Even when I do concede to ride with other guys it's usually for my own purposes. Like when I shot that video which was the 2nd time I rode with someone else this year btw. Other than the rally. Even there I had the tendency to avoid "group riding" at the Gap. It's nothing personal. I've just had my fill of picking guys up off the ground.

As the people from the rally can attest, my self imposed exile from other riders has done nothing to help me improve my riding skills. As far as being "admired by my peers", well it all depends on what you define as "peers". For every person that thought I was cool, there were two that thought I was reckless. I think that I am solidly mediocre!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote