View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay here comes a little hate! Um why don't the rules apply to Buell? Don't the other motorcycle manufacturers have to field STREET bikes in the American Superbike class? In their own rule book it states that a bike has to be a certified streetbike to compete. That the bike must be available to the public for purchase. Does anyone doubt that Suzuki could produce a pretty awesome GSXR1000R race only bike for $40,000? I'm sorry, I honestly want an American company to race here and win here but without bending the rules. Without having the sanctioning body helping them. Without cheating!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but it just seems fucked up to me.
Thats the descrepancy I saw too...but I sure as hell wasn't gonna say anything.

I dont know...I can only assume they would argue that it is a mass produced bike in the form of the stock R. But the press release says otherwise...so I dont know how they got it in.

Then again, I really dont care. I dont closely follow racing. I dont get bent out of shape over it.

Direct from Buell.com:

Quote:
Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote