Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Exhibit A: Icon

Exhibit B: Joe Rocket

See any difference?
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote