View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #14
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
IMO, the Cayman's total performance envelope is much more usable on the street. The power and handling strike a great balance and you can have plenty of fun w/o driving TOO irresponsibly on public streets.

I've only ridden in, not driven, a C6 Z06, but it was an exciting ride. I've driven plenty of C6 Z51's, and while they offer great performance, they just feel numb, esp. the streering. The '08+ models are improved, but still not up to German standards. Plus the CS interior just feels a lot more special.

I loved my Cayman S, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. The C6 (any variant) is a great car, but I would only consider an '08+ for the improved steering/shifter feel.

The Cayman was a pleasure to drive at any speed, as the feedback through the steering wheel is awesome, and the other controls felt great as well. I've heard from more than one Vette owner that they're a bit dull @ normal speeds, and you really have to drive 'em hard to make them come alive.

PS I'll take my modded NC Miata over a Vette. It's one of the funnest, if not fastest, cars I've ever driven...right up there w/ the CS, if not even more fun.
Thanks for posting first hand knowledge. I figured this thread would be pretty much all speculation (including me of course).
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote