View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #32
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer42 View Post
Your theory is speed dependent. If you are going to call people out for making posts that are relevent to the track, then you need to clarify wtf you are talking about. Me, I don't do much street riding and don't care to. But I can assure you as I approach T1 at my home track from a terminal velocity of over 170mph and intiate turn in at over 100 if I roll off the throttle and leave it off the last thing that is gonna happen is that my turn will magically tighten. The bike won't like that at all.
In your example (which I think was not where this thread was really going) You will tighten up, except at that point you have exceeded the front tires ability to maintain grip and you will start pushing in a straight line. Since the road turns and you are going straight, if you can't gather it back, you will "run wide" as you pass through that part of the track on your way to auguring into the dirt.

But I can tell you that it is a heady rush to push the front all the way through a turn while riding your knee trying to find some traction. Finding it about 6in from the dirt, snapping it up straight and pinning the throttle on a good line out.
Um, that memory is making my fingers get all tingly. LOL

Damn I need to go do a track day.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote