View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #42
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996 View Post
It is kind of a double edge sword. I typically run Intermidiate class, which is where i belong anyway. If i have a sport bike that is running pretty much my lap time i can usually get them and hammer thru the turns enough to eventualy not allow them to overtake me in the striaght. Once i reach that milestone its all over, they are no catching me again.

The real problem is you pretty much run the motards flat out, so if you get stuck behind a sportbike entering a turn they kill your momentum and lap times.

Still fun though, i hope to do Barber, Nashville (it's 15 min form my house) and little Tally. Little tally should be perfect for the motard.
I run intermediate, but at CMP they run both Int/adv at the same time.....the advanced sportbike riders typically can get around me once.....but only ONE (some CCS racer) can get around me 2 times in a 20 minute session at CMP (he was friggin NUTS and passed ME in a corner)

I can't claim to get far enough ahead in the curves for any of the sportbikes to NOT catch me again on those straights. If you can do it.....you must be right at the threshold of sponsership on a motard (hats off)