View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
The Aerostich Roadcrafter may be the standard in this mix, but how do other manufacturers' products stack up? For example, Tourmaster's Centurion retails for $369.99 vs $797.00 for the Aerostich.
Let me put it this way - there are Aerostitch and BMW and then there are the rest. Well, Rukka is a badass manufacturer but it's so unrepresented in the US, it might as well count for naught.

I have textile suits from Aprilia, First Gear, Tourmaster/Cortech and Field Sheer. The Aprilia stuff isn't too bad but it already shows some wear, the rest are rather crap. I ain't cryin' much over them because they're pretty cheap, but we're talking about fabrics starting to fray and zippers starting to break. Granted that I wear my shits on the daily basis for commuting (at excess speed ).

You pay for what you get. If you have money to spend stupidly like I do, then buy several different outfits and try them out. If you are tight on the budget and want ONE good outfit then stick with either Aerostitch or BMW. It's worth the extra bucks.

I've developed a hate for BMW motorcycles, but at least their riding gears are still good shits.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote