View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #61
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Was first introduced to bikes when I was a kid and my step-brothers got bikes. My dad tried to teach me how to ride, but my mom put a stop to that real quick. I got back into bikes when I was 21, but didn't buy one until I was 25. It was a 1981 Kawi that I bought in 99. Had too many problems with it and it wasn't that much fun riding. Gave it up when I left the AF soon thereafter.

A year later at the new place, I became friends with a guy that had a 98 Katana that was fun to ride. I decided I wanted a bike. Stupidly bought a 198x Honda CB750 that was more trouble than it was worth. Luckily, I was able to sell it for more than I paid for it after I gave it a quick rattlecan paint job. Bought my friend's 98 Katana. It was a fun bike and I enjoyed it on the track, but really fell in love with the '05 R6.

Bought one brand new, then sold it shortly after my daughter came along. Went 5 years without a bike after that and hated it. Got the Strom cause I love the upright riding position, mixed with the fact that it does a good job handling the curves, even when loaded down with top case and side cases. Gas Man can attest to the fact that bike can still corner when fully loaded, as he saw me run hot into a couple turns on the way down to the Rally, but the bike still held to the road. I hope to keep this bike for a LONG time.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote