View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Mileage isn't bad . . . range is an issue with the stock tank. I get anywhere from low 50's to just over 60 mpg if I'm easy on it.
By "mileage" I was actually referring to the odometer reading. Still not comfortable buying a bike with almost 4K miles on it.

I remember one of the bigger magazines road testing the WR and returning better than 70 mpg. Obviously, I'm after as high a number as possible. The air-cooled bikes discussed above are all extremely efficient. Fuel-injection on the WR will make winter mornings a bit easier, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
The tiny stock tank sucks ass, imo. I have the 3.5 gal Safari tank on mine and my life is so much better for it. I can actually ride past a gas station now.
Ouch. Might have to make do with stock:

Yamaha WR250R/X 3.5gal Safari Trail Tank
$449.99

The list of accessories already installed on this particular bike is pretty decent. He claims he has $8600 total invested. FMF Powerbomb header, FMF Q4 slip-on, Power Commander, Zeta handguards w/ signals, DRC tail light kit, etc. I wonder how necessary any of this is, and if I could recoup some of my purchase by just putting the stock pieces back on. I'm trying to find some dyno comparisons between stock and his set-up...
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote